Another UK Transfer

I have no idea what Is going on with UK women transferring.

My guess would be : Makayla Epps. . . . Most scoring forwards and posts have no patience for a system with most of the scoring coming from a PG....I tend to agree with them... A PG should be a setup guard first.

With my PG I want a pass first, drive second,shoot last mentality. Its hard for the bigs to run down a floor,work their butts off only to have a 3-pt shot taken, with a rebound that clangs to the arc. And there they are trailing the play. JMO

Reactions: 2 people
He just keeps recruiting and running players off to make room for them. Maybe eventually he will find those 15 perfect players he is looking for.

Now this is a surprise! I've watched Batouly in at least 5 games and I came away thinking what a fantastic player she is. She's strong, agile and fights in the paint for position. Rebounds well and looks to score. I think she's a Big Loss for Matthew Mitchell for whatever reason she's leaving.

I have no doubts that wherever school Batouly commits to she will thrive and be a force to be reckoned with. Good luck Batouly!

Reactions: 2 people
So will Mitchell bring Elzy back to get them back on track?

Can we get her to come to UT and invite her neighbor Danielle Patterson to come in 2017? Since they are both from New York! They could ride down together!:)

Reactions: 1 person
He just keeps recruiting and running players off to make room for them. Maybe eventually he will find those 15 perfect players he is looking for.

It could be worse. He could have settled on a backcourt like Reynolds/Carter and stuck with them no matter how bad they were or how much they regressed as players.

It could be worse. He could have settled on a backcourt like Reynolds/Carter and stuck with them no matter how bad they were or how much they regressed as players.

Maybe you will feel differently if they make it to the elite eight. Wait ...

I REALLY don't think we have a shot at all. She is a northeastern gal. I think she wants to be closer to home. She also committed VERY early as well and IMO didn't really do the whole recruiting, school visit thing.

Her list included:
Connecticut, Kentucky, Louisville, Princeton, Virginia, Northwestern and Michigan.

My guess would be : Makayla Epps. . . . Most scoring forwards and posts have no patience for a system with most of the scoring coming from a PG....I tend to agree with them... A PG should be a setup guard first.

With my PG I want a pass first, drive second,shoot last mentality. Its hard for the bigs to run down a floor,work their butts off only to have a 3-pt shot taken, with a rebound that clangs to the arc. And there they are trailing the play. JMO

You may be right in your coaching that PG's should have the shoot last mentality unless you coach a player like Steph Curry or Russell Westbrook & that mentality changes quickly. :)

You may be right in your coaching that PG's should have the shoot last mentality unless you coach a player like Steph Curry or Russell Westbrook & that mentality changes quickly. :)

+++

Sometimes, you need to play the hand that is dealt you.

But for me, give me Tony Parker, any day... I will find a stopper, somewhere, to take care of Curry. . . I will not let the "star" have their points and try to stop the cast.

Not gonna happen.

I will rotate 2-3-4 players (off the bench) and shut down the star every time. The cast will have to beat me.

Well, he has a room on staff. I notice that Tamika Williams – Jeter is no longer on staff. At the moment, there's just one assistant coach.

Elzy is crazy if she go back to UK the way she was disrespected after she accepted the Tennessee job. Her office was packed and her stuff was in boxes on the outside of her then office.

I am not really concerned about what goes on at UK unless somehow it helps the Lady Vols become a better team. None of this holds well for Matthew and his program, it makes both seem to be rather toxic.

Also strange is Adeniyi Amadou is gone. To my understanding was a HUGE reason why Ahkator chose UK.

They are literally cleaning house.

Alexis Jennings is now leaving Ky

The crazy thing is that the players we went very hard after is transferring. The staff went very hard after Jatarie White, but I think her dad wanted her at USC. We recruited Linnae Harper and Alexis Jennings hard also. I wonder how Evelyn Akhator feels about all of this? Mitchell basically used the Nigerian Assistant to sign Akhator then dropped him. This can't be good for Mitchell when it comes to future recruiting. I know we complain about Holly, but this may show that the grass may not be greener on the other side.

VN Store

Back