Danielle Patterson 6'3" F '17

VOL720

So we know Patterson's Top 4 schools are Notre Dame, St. John, Tennessee and Virginia. Notre Dame is loaded at the 3 and 4 positions. I know have been one of the top 2 programs the last 4 seasons, but why go there and play behind players or come off the bench? The other 3 finalist have a lot of playing time available and I know Reaves will be throwing that at recruits. After see all of these transfers, I do not want a roster of 13-15 players. I think a roster of 12 players is good. Less drama, available playing time and an established player rotation can be put together. Top recruits want to play and not be cheerleaders. I'm curious to see who stays and who transfers the next few seasons at Baylor, Maryland, Louisville and Ohio State. Anyways back to Patterson. Excluding Notre Dame, Tennessee has had the most post season success at knocking at the door of the Final Four while Virginia and St. John haven't even consistently made the NCAA Tournament. This young lady has the talent and skill. I hope we are able to sign her. Maya Dodson at the 3 and Danielle Patterson at the 4 or vice versa would be something special. Both are so long, athletic and versatile. They can attack in the midrange and around the rim. Come on Reaves, we need them both!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j00B56SYhXY

Reactions: 4 people
So we know Patterson's Top 4 schools are Notre Dame, St. John, Tennessee and Virginia. Notre Dame is loaded at the 3 and 4 positions. I know have been one of the top 2 programs the last 4 seasons, but why go there and play behind players or come off the bench? The other 3 finalist have a lot of playing time available and I know Reaves will be throwing that at recruits. After see all of these transfers, I do not want a roster of 13-15 players. I think a roster of 12 players is good. Less drama, available playing time and an established player rotation can be put together. Top recruits want to play and not be cheerleaders. I'm curious to see who stays and who transfers the next few seasons at Baylor, Maryland, Louisville and Ohio State. Anyways back to Patterson. Excluding Notre Dame, Tennessee has had the most post season success at knocking at the door of the Final Four while Virginia and St. John haven't even consistently made the NCAA Tournament. This young lady has the talent and skill. I hope we are able to sign her. Maya Dodson at the 3 and Danielle Patterson at the 4 or vice versa would be something special. Both are so long, athletic and versatile. They can attack in the midrange and around the rim. Come on Reaves, we need them both!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j00B56SYhXY

I posted about her in another thread maybe a month or two back. I went to see her play and yes she got game 6-3 and long . On her twitter page there is a photo of her on a visit to Virginia with the coaching staff. I think she will be a good fit for Tenn, Also she is a big Candace Parker fan.

Reactions: 2 people
I posted about her in another thread maybe a month or two back. I went to see her play and yes she got game 6-3 and long . On her twitter page there is a photo of her on a visit to Virginia with the coaching staff. I think she will be a good fit for Tenn, Also she is a big Candace Parker fan.

Didn't know she was a huge Parker fan. Hopefully that will give us an edge. At 6'3", she will cause many mismatches. 6'3" players are usually back to the basket players. For her to do this with her size and length, I think she'll be special.

Can we get a verbal soon! It would be nice for a few of the 2017 players to verbal with us to erase the recruiting fear

I thought of that too. I think once we receive a verbal from one of our 2017 targets, it'll open the door for more verbals. Hopefully, Maya Dodson and KK are the first two open that door. They have been on several unofficial visits to Tennessee and attended summer camps. Hayes, Dodson, Patterson and KK would be a major class.

I thought of that too. I think once we receive a verbal from one of our 2017 targets, it'll open the door for more verbals. Hopefully, Maya Dodson and KK are the first two open that door. They have been on several unofficial visits to Tennessee and attended summer camps. Hayes, Dodson, Patterson and KK would be a major class.

Add Harrison & Westbrook and we would be back where we need to be because I have a feeling (and I have been wrong before) that this will be the last year we have Diamond and possibly Russell if she plays like a #1 recruit. We also would lose Carter and Reynolds which would leave us with Middlton, Nared, Te'a, Dunbar, Jackson, and Harris (if we don't add anyone else to the 2016 class)

Dispatch our recruiters to M'boro , flip dangerfield to her home state school. Its cold up there in Nowheresville. :question:

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully she will be a Lady Vol along with several other players. We need scorers as we would have been 32 and 4 if we had scored 70 points a game last season. Players like this can help us get there every game.

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't know she was a huge Parker fan. Hopefully that will give us an edge. At 6'3", she will cause many mismatches. 6'3" players are usually back to the basket players. For her to do this with her size and length, I think she'll be special.

Danielle Patterson (NY-2017) has visited 2 of 4 finalists (St. John's, UVA); plans visits to Tennessee in Aug., ND in Sept.; ND the only OV.

Danielle Patterson (NY-2017) has visited 2 of 4 finalists (St. John's, UVA); plans visits to Tennessee in Aug., ND in Sept.; ND the only OV.

If ND is her only official visit does that point to where she is going?

If ND is her only official visit does that point to where she is going?

I was just about to ask the same thing or is it that they are the only school who have offered her a set official visit and we haven't done so because we are hoping to land higher rated Post then her first before truly going after her which is what it seem like we did this year.

I would think an unofficial visit would be more appealing (to us) than a official visits, only because you are using your own money to visit the college. I'm 100% sure we have/had/will (some form) offer her an official visit, but that is great news if she is taking unofficial visits to us.

Patterson is a smooth player. She seems to me to be a more high-post/wing, not at all a low block type of post player. She would do very well with a solid low block post player with her on the floor. Also, her jumper is a lot more developed than Graves.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back