Welcome to Knoxville Sharrona Reaves

Sounds like a good fit. Just in time to start on this 2017 class. Thank God it's someone that is outside of the Lady Vols family. We need new ideas and prospectives. Hopefully she can help redefine this offense also. Welcome!

Reactions: 2 people
CgbIxriWsAAKeH5.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Welcome to Big Orange country! You have your work cut out for you however. Hope you are successful.

Sounds like a good fit. Just in time to start on this 2017 class. Thank God it's someone that is outside of the Lady Vols family. We need new ideas and prospectives. Hopefully she can help redefine this offense also. Welcome!

Would Coach Warlick actually value the input given on offense, that's the question.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm skeptical we see any progress next year and it won't be because any of the assistant coaches. Holly is going to die by the pound it in the post mantra next year, even though next year we have run an offense for the guards.

Reactions: 2 people
Reaves was the recruiting coordinator for the last three years at West Virginia. I checked HoopGurlz, and I did not see a single top 100 recruit for West Virginia in 2015, 2016, or 2017. Bria Holmes was a great player at West Virginia, but she was recruited two years before Reaves started working there. So exactly what does she bring to the table that Tennessee doesn't already have? Now if you told me that Holly had hired Niele Ivey to handle recruiting, well that would be a whole different story.

Reactions: 3 people
They also ran some sort of motion offense and from the games I watched the 3 ball was a focal point. I think they made 6 per game.

Reactions: 1 person
Reaves was the recruiting coordinator for the last three years at West Virginia. I checked HoopGurlz, and I did not see a single top 100 recruit for West Virginia in 2015, 2016, or 2017. Bria Holmes was a great player at West Virginia, but she was recruited two years before Reaves started working there. So exactly what does she bring to the table that Tennessee doesn't already have? Now if you told me that Holly had hired Niele Ivey to handle recruiting, well that would be a whole different story.

Only time will tell. They did sign the National JUCO player of the year. Hoping for the best. She sounds motivated and ready to get to work.

I guess she understands that fans will consider her a bad hire if she can't recruit three or four top fifty players. Looks like they were mostly recruiting three star players at West Virginia and coaching them up to 20 plus win seasons. Harris and Moore are the first three star player Tennessee has recruited in years. I hope it doesn't become a practice because you can't win National Championships unless you have a nucleus of top 20 players.

Reactions: 1 person
West virgina does not have the same respect as lady vols . so recuirts were not knocking down the door at west virgina. at least at Tennessee we get through the door,. I say lets give her a chance until proven otherwise.

Reactions: 4 people
Kim mulley brought two coaches as well you were fired and not on the radar and look what she did in recruiting so time will tell.

VN Store

Back