University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live

the Tennessee Classic

vs Oklahoma

Saturday, Apr. 23, 2016
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET

the game will be televised on

ESPN

you should be able to stream the game off of

Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

you can listen here

vs. Louisiana-Monroe in a double header

Saturday, Apr. 23, 2016
Time: 7:00 p.m. ET

you can listen here

vs. Lipscomb

Sunday, Apr. 24, 2016
Time: 1:30 p.m. ET

you can listen here

damn we need those home games broadcasted :)

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
How good is ULM mule? I know Oklahoma is darn good but of the other teams how good are they? I also know ULL is really good but Monroe I know nothing about.

I'm curious to see if there will be any lineup changes made after the Georgia series. It was great to come away with 2 wins but maybe a few areas need to be tweaked??

I'm curious to see if there will be any lineup changes made after the Georgia series. It was great to come away with 2 wins but maybe a few areas need to be tweaked??

Looked like Coach Karen & Ralph played around with the lineup the final game of the series vs Georgia. I don't think that will happen again.

TN up on Furman 8-0 in the bottom of the 4th.

Now 9-0. Run-rule in effect.

Final. 9-0. Erin 3 hit shutout. Rainey 1 inning in relief.

Overstreet 2-run homerun plus another homerun. Leach 2-rbi double. Vines 2-run homerun.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I was at the game. A bunch of little girls (softball players) at the game. Good crowd for a mid-week game (1,300 or so). Lexi crushed the ball twice. Awesome. CJ got a hit, Scarlett got two hits, and Shaliyah also with a hit. Hopefully, they can play like that against OU. People were already talking about a game against OU Sooners. #BeatSooners #BigGame

It seems odd to be having a tourney this late in the season, no? And an odd group of teams, too--two powerhouse programs plus Lipscomb and Radford. Does every team have a break week from its league schedule?

It seems odd to be having a tourney this late in the season, no? And an odd group of teams, too--two powerhouse programs plus Lipscomb and Radford. Does every team have a break week from its league schedule?

Uneven SEC schedule...every softball team has a series against an out of conference team or a mini tourney....Florida played #5 Louisiana....Auburn played Longwood....LSU is playing Washington

Around the SEC...

Florida scores two touchdowns and two 2-point conversions and beats MSU 16-0.

Auburn scores 3 in the bottom of the 7th to pull one out over Georgia 4-3. It's better for TN if Georgia loses but man I was pulling for Georgia. They were in control up 3-1 when Georgia coach Harris-Champer pulled Wilkinson - who had a 3-hitter going - and put in Gray, who gave up a 3-run homer. Coach has to be rethinking that move.

Kentucky beats Alabama at 'Bama 3-2. Man I keep waiting for Kentucky to lose but it ain't happening. Are they really that good?

LSU appears to be waking up from their sleep just in time for the SEC tournament. They beat SC 7-2. They've now won 4 in a row after starting 4-11 in-conference.

Around the SEC...

Auburn scores 3 in the bottom of the 7th to pull one out over Georgia 4-3. It's better for TN if Georgia loses but man I was pulling for Georgia. They were in control up 3-1 when Georgia coach Harris-Champer pulled Wilkinson - who had a 3-hitter going - and put in Gray, who gave up a 3-run homer. Coach has to be rethinking that move.

Kentucky beats Alabama at 'Bama 3-2. Man I keep waiting for Kentucky to lose but it ain't happening. Are they really that good?

LSU appears to be waking up from their sleep just in time for the SEC tournament. They beat SC 7-2. They've now won 4 in a row after starting 4-11 in-conference.

They can pitch and get just enough offense to back it up. Deadly combination in the postseason.

Around the SEC...

I can see Kentucky taking two out of three from Bama. Nunley/Prince combo in the circle has worked well for KY all year. Kentucky took 2 out of 3 from Bama in its last trip to Tuscaloosa as well back in 2013. Rachel Lawson is a great coach.

Kentucky ranks 2nd in pitching with a 1.62 era, (including 2nd in strikeouts and hits allowed), 9th in fielding with a .964 %., and 11th in team batting with a .284 avg.

I guess that shows how important pitching is.

VN Store

Back