Jatarie White Transferring

Hopefully we want make an attempt for her. She is just another highly ranked player that cannot shoot the basketball and that is why she couldn't get minutes at SC. She is a career 36 percent shooter in over 500 minutes played and that is terrible when your playing around the basket.

Reactions: 1 person
Well stats dont always tell the full story. She has been praised for having a nice jump shot and being able to shoot the 3 ball at 6'4 6'5... she battled injury and illness both seasons and Coates Wilson and imobviah dominated mins... i think she has tremendous upside and she prefers to play the 4. I hope we make contact with her

I totally thought that was a mans name so thought it was a thread to see if Barnes and staff would be interested. After seeing its a woman im guessing that scholly is still available. Lol

What is the rule for transferring within the SEC? Is it two years of sitting out? One year out, but with the loss of one year of eligibility? Just one year to sit out with two years of eligibility remaining? Does anyone have a link to the SEC regs?

Is her lack of playing time because of injuries or poor performance? A lot of 6'5"-foot players look really good in high school because they are so much taller than all of their competitors, but when faced with having to compete against girls their own size, they look quite pedestrian. Is this the case with White?

She had injuriees her freshman year and saw little to no time this year she was only in to spell Coates.. Whites game is similar to that of Wilson's.. I really thought that White was coming to Tennessee until Wilson committed to SC White was te hgiest ranking wbb recruit ever signed at SC...

Is her lack of playing time because of injuries or poor performance? A lot of 6'5"-foot players look really good in high school because they are so much taller than all of their competitors, but when faced with having to compete against girls their own size, they look quite pedestrian. Is this the case with White?

She's going to UNC Ohio State has McCoy and Mavunga... Texas was listed as one of her schools of interest but they are loaded at the post also.

Why would a player take a chance on UNC before the NCAA sanctions have been announced? They could be facing a multi-year ban from the NCAA tournament.

My preference would be KK and Dorie Harrison since they will be eligible the same time she is. Holly is not very good at convincing transfers anyway we invited Mavunga and she said no Akator and another no then we tried to get the Kentucky transfer guard and another no. We also got turned down by every recruit in the 2016 class. So hoping to see some legitimate names sign this month not concerned with transfers.

maybe the fact that they have to actually take real classes at UT to play scared them off?

We were high on her list. She is not happy about playing time at all, sitting on the bench, knowing if she goes elsewhere she will play. UNC or Duke, my money is on UNC. The girl just wants to play. Tennessee has a slight shot at her if Dawn let's her talk with us.

We were high on her list. She is not happy about playing time at all, sitting on the bench, knowing if she goes elsewhere she will play. UNC or Duke, my money is on UNC. The girl just wants to play. Tennessee has a slight shot at her if Dawn let's her talk with us.

I would think that Duke is in the middle of an even bigger mess that UNC right now. The players cannot get out of there fast enough.

maybe the fact that they have to actually take real classes at UT to play scared them off?

I think it is more than that, I remember when some posters thought we lost 2016 recruits because they were in fear of playing time or post were in fear of limited playing time because of Russell. In reality, we really do not know the reasons for all the 2016 no's. The one thing we do know is that some coaches are better than others in their sale's pitch and we have an empty slate of 2016 signees. If Russell, or any number of our remaining nine get hurt, and help us if we have several concussions, we are up crap creek with toothpicks for oars. There is light at the end of the tunnel but it could go dark in a New York second (and I do mean an NY second).:cray:

Hopefully we want make an attempt for her. She is just another highly ranked player that cannot shoot the basketball and that is why she couldn't get minutes at SC. She is a career 36 percent shooter in over 500 minutes played and that is terrible when your playing around the basket.

Right, we already have to many players that can't shoot the rock. Scoring the ball wins games. See uconn.

Bret McCormick of ASGR reporting Jatarie is headed to the University of Texas.

Did her release allow her to go to another SEC school with only a one year wait.

If the original school restricts her enrolling in another SEC school she would have to sit two years and thus lose a year of eligibility.

Example: Ky allowed a transferring player to enroll in SC. Years back the LVs allowed a homesick player to transfer back to her home state SC.

University of Texas is not in the SEC.

It's bad enough that Texas A&M is. Any college town where you can't get sweet tea should NOT be in the SEC! That certainly goes for Missouri also!

Reactions: 2 people
Did her release allow her to go to another SEC school with only a one year wait.

If the original school restricts her enrolling in another SEC school she would have to sit two years and thus lose a year of eligibility.

Example: Ky allowed a transferring player to enroll in SC. Years back the LVs allowed a homesick player to transfer back to her home state SC.

Teresa Geter "Tree". She was a good one; we would not have gotten out of Nashville (dump gym) that year without her. Was always given a warm welcome back from coaches, players, and fans every time she returned to TBA.

VN Store

Back