Lady Vols #7 seed in the NCAA Tournament

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Screen-Shot-2016-03-14-at-7.34.27-PM.png

The Tennessee Lady Vols are a #7 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Will play Green Bay.

Reactions: 3 people
Holly...................:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:eek:lol:eek:lol:eek:lol:eek:lol:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Single Handedly killing the program!!

Reactions: 3 people
Not a bad spot to be in considering. I could see a possible run in this slot. Go get em Lady Vols. Go Vols and HTTR!!

Reactions: 4 people
Won't surprise me at all to see Holly choke it up and lose to Green Bay

they beat Vandy early in year 58 to 56 at Vandy also beat Belmont at there place 66 to 62.

Last edited:
Green Bay is solid. Teamwork and great basketball IQ. We have more talent but GB is well coached. This game is even

Reactions: 2 people
Green Bay has the #1 scoring defense in the country at 52 points per game. Our offense is non-existent against average defensive teams. This is not a good draw for us.

I think we can beat Green Bay and ASU....I'm worried about the possible sweet 16 match-up with Ohio State. IF we make it that far, knowing how poor our perimeter defense is against good guards, I expect the Mitchell girl will more than likely put up a career night against us and we bow out of the tournament there.

I don't think the tournament could have worked out any better for Tennessee. Projected matchups:
1st Round-Green Bay. They are a good team and this could be a tough test. Tennessee, on paper, should handily win this game. But that has been said many times all year and the results haven't followed suit, so who knows.

2nd Round-Arizona State. Pac12 is sorely overrated IMO. Arizona State has been playing poorly as of late (losing to Cal in the Pac12 semis). If Tennessee plays well, they can win this game. They could have faced stronger 2nd round opponents in the form of any of the other #1 or #2 seeds or the likes of Louisville or Ohio State.

3rd Round-If they get by ASU, UT most likely faces Ohio State who has struggled as of late. If I'm optimistic but realistic, I think UT gets by ASU and bows out here. That said, Ohio State has played poorly as of late so I think Tennessee has a shot here.

Elite 8-South Carolina is the best possible matchup for Tennessee. UCONN would be a disaster, Notre Dame would win handily, and Baylor's too good offensively for UT to keep up. South Carolina can be great, but they can also play really gritty ball and can struggle putting points on the board, meaning UT has a chance to keep it close and make a few plays down the stretch.

Final Four-I will be STUNNED beyond belief if Tennessee makes it this far, but in the event they do, Notre Dame is much more beatable than UCONN.

Championship-I don't think Tennessee has a prayer against UCONN, but if they somehow knock of Arizona State, Ohio State, South Carolina AND Notre Dame, I'll be more optimistic at that point.

Reactions: 9 people
I don't think the tournament could have worked out any better for Tennessee. Projected matchups:
1st Round-Green Bay. They are a good team and this could be a tough test. Tennessee, on paper, should handily win this game. But that has been said many times all year and the results haven't followed suit, so who knows.

2nd Round-Arizona State. Pac12 is sorely overrated IMO. Arizona State has been playing poorly as of late (losing to Cal in the Pac12 semis). If Tennessee plays well, they can win this game. They could have faced stronger 2nd round opponents in the form of any of the other #1 or #2 seeds or the likes of Louisville or Ohio State.

3rd Round-If they get by ASU, UT most likely faces Ohio State who has struggled as of late. If I'm optimistic but realistic, I think UT gets by ASU and bows out here. That said, Ohio State has played poorly as of late so I think Tennessee has a shot here.

Elite 8-South Carolina is the best possible matchup for Tennessee. UCONN would be a disaster, Notre Dame would win handily, and Baylor's too good offensively for UT to keep up. South Carolina can be great, but they can also play really gritty ball and can struggle putting points on the board, meaning UT has a chance to keep it close and make a few plays down the stretch.

Final Four-I will be STUNNED beyond belief if Tennessee makes it this far, but in the event they do, Notre Dame is much more beatable than UCONN.
Championship-I don't think Tennessee has a prayer against UCONN, but if they somehow knock of Arizona State, Ohio State, South Carolina AND Notre Dame, I'll be more optimistic at that point.

I understand the optimism, but Holly would never in a million years out-coach Muffet McGraw.

Thank God we didn't get dropped into Bridgeport.

++++++++++++++

Alright HW, your charmed existence continues. Getting to the 16 should be a cakewalk. ASU, OSU and WVU are the ranked teams on our path to the Sweet 16. Very doable,,,,,,, The elite eight is a potential date with SC. . . the semis would be Notre Dame:pepper: This team has a perfect path in front of them to get to the elite 8. Very winnable games. I am expecting you to coach those kids, not just watch em.

Lady Vols; I am pulling for you...GIRLS, "Performance, will shut em up",,,,,,,, All it will take is <two games> and the media will jump at the opportunity for a UT v SC and even more so for a UT v Notre Dame match-up.

You girls are ready for this..
Go LV's
Coach Jumper

Last edited:
3. Where will the drama be in the first two rounds?

Tempe: No. 2 Arizona State vs. No. 15 New Mexico State, No. 7 Tennessee vs. No. 10 Green Bay

Who is the sympathetic character when a David squares off against a down-on-its-luck Goliath? The most fascinating game of the first round pits Tennessee, a stumbling giant, against Green Bay, the enduring giant-slayer. To understand their places in their respective ecosystems, major and mid-major, understand that these programs have 83 consecutive winning seasons between them. This matchup is likely to earn the right to play Arizona State and its at-times suffocating defense on its home court.

Five burning questions off the women's NCAA tournament bracket

Green Bay stats

Women's Basketball - Roster - The Official Site of Green Bay Athletics

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back