Softball Update, please

2Alum4EverVol

What happened to Brittany Edmonson? Did she transfer to other school after fall semester? It would have been extremely tough for her to break into a regular starting line up, but with her speed, she could have been a valuable PR for us, better than Savannah Huffstetler..

And what's going on with Abby Lockman? She has not played in a game for a couple of weeks by now. I thought she was doing a decent job backing up Overstreet at the catcher position, a solid job at the 1B, and even a better job as a batter. Is she injured?? Karen Weekly mentioned something about Abby being banged up, but haven't heard any follow-up on that.

I'd appreciate any info.

What happened to Brittany Edmonson? Did she transfer to other school after fall semester? It would have been extremely tough for her to break into a regular starting line up, but with her speed, she could have been a valuable PR for us, better than Savannah Huffstetler..

And what's going on with Abby Lockman? She has not played in a game for a couple of weeks by now. I thought she was doing a decent job backing up Overstreet at the catcher position, a solid job at the 1B, and even a better job as a batter. Is she injured?? Karen Weekly mentioned something about Abby being banged up, but haven't heard any follow-up on that.

I'd appreciate any info.

Abby was banged up in home plate collision...she will be back

Update on a few former players, Annie Aldrete and Taylor Koenig. Both are at California. Both are really struggling. Taylor hitting just .225 and Annie only .200. And that is all vs non-conference opponents. Each with only one home run so far.

Pac-12 play starts this weekend for them. Going to be tough to improve those numbers significantly playing teams like Oregon, UCLA, ASU, Arizona, Washington, etc.

Heard Ralph on the radio yesterday saying Abby Lockman actually had a concussion in that home plate collision. I guess she's okay now. She played yesterday against UNF. We need Abby's powerful bat at the plate for sure. You can never be too careful with such a serious thing as a concussion. Look at Jasmine Jones. She hasn't played a single game for almost 2 seasons after having a recurring concussion issue and she's not active on the current roster.

Reactions: 1 person
Also curious about Taylor Rowland...still on the roster but don't believe she has player this year.

Someone please gives us a breakdown of how some of the freshmen are doing....Thanks.

Also curious about Taylor Rowland...still on the roster but don't believe she has player this year.

I think she tore her ACL in the fall and had a surgery. Medical red shirt year for her. She now does the warmup stuff on the field and travels with the team together so I guess she's well on her way to recovery soon. Next year Taylor will take over the 1B while Abby Lockman moves to the catcher position full-time. Taylor and Abby will be rock solid players for us for yrs to come.

Someone please gives us a breakdown of how some of the freshmen are doing....Thanks.

Matty Moss - Pitching behind Gabriel. Pitches 68-70 mph. Working on speed, location, and pitch variation. Minor control issues. Needs to get used to SEC competition. Doing well.

Brooke Vines - Starting left fielder. Hits for average not power. Great base runner. Great speed. Needs to get used to SEC competition. Doing well.

Taylor Rowland - Injured, hasn't played.

Aubrey Leach - Starting 2nd baseman. Hits for average not power. Great base runner. Great speed. Needs to clean up her fielding, leads the team in errors. Needs to get used to SEC competition. Doing well.

Haley Bearden - Spot play only.

Kelsey Morrison - Pitcher, won't be used til next year per Karen and Ralph.

Savannah Huffstetler - Spot play only.

Bria Bush - Pitcher. Hasn't pitched much. I am unsure why other than in her few appearances she was hit pretty good and had a high number of walks. I assume they are still working with her.

Logyn Lilley - Hasn't played much.

Abby Lockman - Splitting time at first base with Aucoin and catcher with Overstreet. Needs to get used to SEC competition. Doing well. She will be a good one.

Reactions: 4 people
Update on a few former players, Annie Aldrete and Taylor Koenig. Both are at California. Both are really struggling. Taylor hitting just .225 and Annie only .200. And that is all vs non-conference opponents. Each with only one home run so far.

Pac-12 play starts this weekend for them. Going to be tough to improve those numbers significantly playing teams like Oregon, UCLA, ASU, Arizona, Washington, etc.

So softball players that transfer dont have to sit out a year ?

Kelsey Morrison is an interesting player. I think she's got the stuff to be effective as a relief pitcher or as a starter vs non-confernece foes. Also she can hit too from what I've read, so maybe we'll see her in the batter's box as a pinch-hitter or an occasional starter. Next year, we'll absolutely need Morrison to pitch well in the circle as we lose both Gabriel and Gaffin to graduation and haven't signed any new pitcher. The trio of Moss-Bush-Morrison will have to come through in order for us to be successful, and yet Moss is the only proven pitcher so far. We have 6 frosh coming in next year (Seggern, Martin, Arnold, Batts, Hannon, Robinson), and lose only 4 (Overstreet, Gabriel, Aucoin and Gaffin); I suspect some of current players to transfer out at the end of season which is the case for us every single yr anyway.

Kelsey Morrison is an interesting player. I think she's got the stuff to be effective as a relief pitcher or as a starter vs non-confernece foes. Also she can hit too from what I've read, so maybe we'll see her in the batter's box as a pinch-hitter or an occasional starter. Next year, we'll absolutely need Morrison to pitch well in the circle as we lose both Gabriel and Gaffin to graduation and haven't signed any new pitcher. The trio of Moss-Bush-Morrison will have to come through in order for us to be successful, and yet Moss is the only proven pitcher so far. We have 6 frosh coming in next year (Seggern, Martin, Arnold, Batts, Hannon, Robinson), and lose only 4 (Overstreet, Gabriel, Aucoin and Gaffin); I suspect some of current players to transfer out at the end of season which is the case for us every single yr anyway.

Arnold is a pitcher. Not sure about any of the others.

Nope....unless they're not granted full releases or try to go to a school that the old school said you cannot transfer too

I think if they transfer out of conference they don't even have to be given a release.

We've got a lefty stud pitcher coming soon!! She will be a good one!! Also have a lefty power hitter coming soon!! The weekley's can recruit!! :rock::rock::rock:

Gibson County High School is a left hand pitcher, first baseman and left hand power hitter. She has been committed to us for a few years and will be a great player.
She is somewhat a legend, as the Renfro sisters were here in west Tenn.

Reactions: 1 person
Gibson County High School is a left hand pitcher, first baseman and left hand power hitter. She has been committed to us for a few years and will be a great player.

Yep that's the lefty power hitter I was talking about :rock::rock:

nice to hear about this

So whatever happened to her ? Dont see her on the UT Martin roster -- did she give up softball or what ?

VN Store

Back