Recruiting violations

brassie

Probably not helping recruiting -
The coaching staff sent recruiting materials to two recruits in Oregon that arrived the day before the first permissible date that recruits could receive such materials. Tennessee will not be allowed to send recruiting materials for the first 60 days of the permissible period this year.

The other violation occurred when an assistant called what he believed to be the father of a player he believed to be a 2017 recruit. He had dialed the wrong number and called the parent of a 2018 recruit, which was a recruiting calendar violation. The assistant coach was prohibited from calling any student athlete for 14 days and Tennessee is prohibited from calling the 2018 recruit for the first 60 days following Sept. 1, the first permissible day for phone calls.

Probably not helping recruiting -
The coaching staff sent recruiting materials to two recruits in Oregon that arrived the day before the first permissible date that recruits could receive such materials. Tennessee will not be allowed to send recruiting materials for the first 60 days of the permissible period this year.

The other violation occurred when an assistant called what he believed to be the father of a player he believed to be a 2017 recruit. He had dialed the wrong number and called the parent of a 2018 recruit, which was a recruiting calendar violation. The assistant coach was prohibited from calling any student athlete for 14 days and Tennessee is prohibited from calling the 2018 recruit for the first 60 days following Sept. 1, the first permissible day for phone calls.

So does this impact the 2017 recruiting class? WTF, are we going to get shut out two years in a row? Now I'm just getting pissed. Sorry.

Reactions: 1 person
Is anybody surprised a Uconn recruiting apologist posted this? I think the greatest thing Pat Summitt ever did was turn her back and walk away from Uconn. Nine years later and they still cannot get over being spurned.

Reactions: 10 people
It doesn't matter as long as Holly is coach. We're competing for second...in the SEC until there's a change.

Reactions: 6 people
Is anybody surprised a Uconn recruiting apologist posted this? I think the greatest thing Pat Summitt ever did was turn her back and walk away from Uconn. Nine years later and they still cannot get over being spurned.

Yeah pretty spurned while they're about to win their 11th National title while we're well I'd rather not say :cray::cray:

Reactions: 7 people

Can't blame the messenger. Stuff happens.

Reactions: 2 people
Yet more ineptitude by this staff and another reason change is needed sooner rather than later.

Given our recent recruiting shutout, the NCAA ought to allow us to send out recruiting materials 60 days earlier than anyone else.

Reactions: 6 people

Not one to speak for their program, but i think they are not too vexed about anything.

Given our recent recruiting shutout, the NCAA ought to allow us to send out recruiting materials 60 days earlier than anyone else.

I think it is time for Tennessee to play UCon home and home. This is the only way to evaluate what kind of team we can field. I am not sure we would rank very high against the best. The mind set needs to change before we know where we stand. We will likely make the NCAAs and be seated some where around 5 or 6 round seed. Maybe by that time we will have improved enough to be competitive at that level. Who knows, they may get hot and make it to the great eight, bur if they fade the hand writing is on the wall.

Posting the recruiting violations had nothing to do with being a UConn fan. There have been several threads here bemoaning UT's recent recruiting failure and when I read the article my 1st thought was that board members might be interested. My 2nd thought was that it was a bit like adding another straw.

BTW LVJeff - What the hell is a "UConn recruiting apologist?" I've never felt the need to apologize for any UConn recruiting issues. I'm not involved with that. Maybe you should consider at the results of
UConn being spurned.

Bama self reported a similar number of violations, and probably very similar in nature to what UT reported.

Usually not a problem--more usually liken recent experience: A two day letter took 6 to arrive!

I am really not to concerned with recruiting involving mail or talking on the phone. I want players that the coaches can look in the eye and talk to. Players that they know work hard on their game and have skills such as shooting and rebounding. If I am recruiting a player she must be a person that works hard everyday on her basketball game instead of her ipod and talking on the phone. I am looking at their career shooting percentage and their athletic ability. You give out over fifty scholarships offers and your looking for four or five good women shouldn't be that hard to accomplish.

Just when did these violations happen and why hasn't this been revealed by the staff/media? Isn't this the second time UT has self-reported violations under Holly's watch? I think the first time was during the Mercedes recruiting process.

VN Store

Back