Will The LV's Make The NCAA's?

teacherdean

Watching Maryland versus Ohio State to my amazement the commentators were discussing if Duke and Tennessee were subject not to make the NCAA's. Did any of us think this discussion would take place, especially related to Tennessee?

The LV's must win against Vandy or they are in deep crap. They will lose against USC, so if they lose against Vandy they will be 13 and 10. It is so sad that with 7 five stars, as many as UCONN, more than ND and the rest of the SEC, and we are in trouble of not making the NCAA's. That is simply unacceptable. The administration must correct this situation if the HC cannot. It is obvious, to this point, that Holly is a big failure. If there is anyone out there who thinks Holly is the answer, they need to seriously seek medication.:crazy:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Watching Maryland versus Ohio State to my amazement the commentators were discussing if Duke and Tennessee were subject not to make the NCAA's. Did any of us think this discussion would take place, especially related to Tennessee?

The LV's must win against Vandy or they are in deep crap. They will lose against USC, so if they lose against Vandy they will be 13 and 10. It is so sad that with 7 five stars, as many as UCONN, more than ND and the rest of the SEC, and we are in trouble of not making the NCAA's. That is simply unacceptable. The administration must correct this situation if the HC cannot. It is obvious, to this point, that Holly is a big failure. If there is anyone out there who thinks Holly is the answer, they need to seriously seek medication.:crazy:

Could not agree more. Those that still believe that Holly and this staff has what it takes to move this team in the right direction are full of illusion and need more tha medication.

Stop buying LV gear, boycut home games and road game. Send a message.

Reactions: 2 people

I think they will get in, but barely. Even if they do, they will have a very low seed with no home court advantage, like that means much to this bunch anyhow. I'm thinking a 7-10 seed with them maybe winning the first round game, but def getting bounced in the second round.

Tennessee women's basketball is in a bad place right now and things aren't looking any better. I'd be a bit more optimistic if we had recruits coming in for 2016. If Holly has another bad year next year, then she might not even be around for the 2017 recruiting class...

I think the NCAA will make sure that the LV's get in, but my prediction is they put us in the same bracket with uconn. The only way that an early round WBB game gets any TV exposure would be to match up the two biggest names in the sport. That normally couldn't happen until the round of 8 or the final 4. Now they get a chance to do it in the second round.

If they do get in...and that's a big if right now and they get matched up with UConn, they will get embarrassed.

Could not agree more. Those that still believe that Holly and this staff has what it takes to move this team in the right direction are full of illusion and need more tha medication.

Stop buying LV gear, boycut home games and road game. Send a message.

I tell you what you do as you please and I will do as I please.

Reactions: 3 people
Tn will go to the Final Four this year.

beating ucon in the east reg by 84 - 82.

I can remember some men's teams declining an invitation to the NIT tournament after being passed over by the NCAA. They felt insulted at the thought of playing in a second-rate tournament. Have any women's teams passed up the chance to play in the NIT?

There aren't 64 quality women's teams this year (more like 6 or 7), so the level of NIT play has got to be pretty ugly to watch. Do women's teams even make enough money on these games to cover travel expenses? I don't remember the games being televised (which is where all the money comes from, not attendance) until the final. I can't imagine the casual observer tuning in to watch North Podunk State playing South Podunk State. And I know there is a third tournament, although I don't remember the name, for teams who didn't qualify for the NIT.

I can remember some men's teams declining an invitation to the NIT tournament after being passed over by the NCAA. They felt insulted at the thought of playing in a second-rate tournament. Have any women's teams passed up the chance to play in the NIT?

There aren't 64 quality women's teams this year (more like 6 or 7), so the level of NIT play has got to be pretty ugly to watch. Do women's teams even make enough money on these games to cover travel expenses? I don't remember the games being televised (which is where all the money comes from, not attendance) until the final. I can't imagine the casual observer tuning in to watch North Podunk State playing South Podunk State. And I know there is a third tournament, although I don't remember the name, for teams who didn't qualify for the NIT.

I pray and hope, if we are invited to the WNIT, that Holly turns it down. Can you imagine the recruitment hit this program would take if Podunk A&M beats us in any round? I would hope Holly uses good judgement and just say no.

LT vs UT in the first round of the east with a chance at gee no to the unlucky winner?

I pray and hope, if we are invited to the WNIT, that Holly turns it down. Can you imagine the recruitment hit this program would take if Podunk A&M beats us in any round? I would hope Holly uses good judgement and just say no.

This team needs playing time, as much as it can get. They shouldn't turn down any opportunity to play any game. The only way they'll get better and improve is to play more games.

Reactions: 1 person
dan flescher team beat writer just asked on sports animal if ladies deserved to be in top 25 and he said NO. he hasn't voted them in for the past 2 wks

Right now I'm looking at 18 and 11 maybe win a SEC tourney game or two and be 20 and 12 going to the NCAA. I think we have a shot at upsetting SC if the girls play their A game that day.

I will stay with what I have said for over a month. 18 wins, a win in the SEC and no more than one win in the NCAA. That is the best they can do if Holly does not make changes. She has not made changes to this point. She acts totally helpless and more like a cheerleader than a competent HC.

Worst coaching job in the NCAA this season considering the roster she is working with.

Right now I'm looking at 18 and 11 maybe win a SEC tourney game or two and be 20 and 12 going to the NCAA. I think we have a shot at upsetting SC if the girls play their A game that day.

There is no doubt that we have top three talent, however, can this coaching staff get what is required from these ladies to beat USC and move forward? As much as we may want Holly to be a good coach, she lacks the ability to have this team running at the desired speed. In truth and fact she appears to be more of a caregiver than a head coach. She seems to lack the comprehension skills which is required for the head coaching position. I believe that she is giving the Lady Vols her best, however, presently, her best is simply not good enough. I have my doubts if her best will ever be good enough. She has made too many coaching and recruiting mistakes and those types of mistakes will ruin a good program.

I think the NCAA will make sure that the LV's get in, but my prediction is they put us in the same bracket with uconn. The only way that an early round WBB game gets any TV exposure would be to match up the two biggest names in the sport. That normally couldn't happen until the round of 8 or the final 4. Now they get a chance to do it in the second round.

On UConn's court. Oh, this won't be pretty

I will stay with what I have said for over a month. 18 wins, a win in the SEC and no more than one win in the NCAA. That is the best they can do if Holly does not make changes. She has not made changes to this point. She acts totally helpless and more like a cheerleader than a competent HC.

Worst coaching job in the NCAA this season considering the roster she is working with.

I subscribe to this message ^^^^

You guys are Debbie Downers. There are very few "great" teams out there - ND, a legit top 3 team, beat us by 13. Tex AM, a legit top 10-15 team beat us in overtime. Kentucky beat us by 1. Mississippi State by 2. If we'd won each of those games, and we easily could have, we'd be talking about being back in the top 15 and a probably 3 seed.

Obviously I don't think we are a top 10 team, but in spite of the losses and rankings, I don't think we are that far away from it.

VN Store

Back