an all time low...

Darth_Vol

It was rough going through the 10 losses with the 97 team, but we knew we had the best player in program history still a sophomore with the greatest class in program history coming in next season... and as it turned out that team shocked everyone by winning a championship anyway.

It was rough going through the 09 season with the BabyVols, but we were coming of back-to-back titles and we knew it would be a rebuilding year heavily dependent on freshmen and that young talent would get a lot better and dominate the SEC in the coming years.

In this catastrophic season there is absolutely nothing to be excited about. This team, assuming it hangs on the make the NCAAs, will get a poor seed and a quick exit. There is NO help coming next season, and little reason to think Graves will be the only departure. There is no reason to believe the obvious chemistry problems with the players will be resolved, nor that Holly's job is in any serious jeopardy even with an epic collapse. Unlike previous teams that have struggled, there is no silver lining with this group.

So congrats to Holly and her staff on taking this program to its lowest point. And the sad thing is, it's only going to get lower. On to Vanderbilt...

Reactions: 7 people
I love the Lady Vols and have been a die heart for the past 30 years. We have a lot to lose this year. When a team like the LV have as many All-Americans on it, there should not be any ranking issues. This team has imploded!
Tennesse has always been known for their defense and their rebounds. These young women stand around with their hands down with no pride exuding at all. You are wearing the Lady Vols uniform!!!

Reactions: 2 people
This team is in real danger of missing the NCAA tournament for the first time ever. The game against Vandy is a must win situation because if they lose the Vandy game, they almost likely lose the South Carolina game. Georgia is playing good basketball right now, so that could be a loss. Throw in another suprise loss and we are looking at 16-13 to end the regular season. This team is playing bad enough where a first round loss in the SEC tournament is a real possibility. If not a first round loss, then almost surely losing the second round game. I just don't see them getting in with a 17-14 record, even with their strong SOS. I don't think I ever remember a womens basketball team with a preseason top five ranking having such a fall from the polls and ending up not even making the NCAA tournament.

I love the Lady Vols and have been a die heart for the past 30 years. We have a lot to lose this year. When a team like the LV have as many All-Americans on it, there should not be any ranking issues. This team has imploded!
Tennesse has always been known for their defense and their rebounds. These young women stand around with their hands down with no pride exuding at all. You are wearing the Lady Vols uniform!!!

Where did we go wrong? Simple, hiring a no coaching, no recruiting HC who is in serious denial of her coaching ability who has the people skills of a retarded cockroach.

It was rough going through the 10 losses with the 97 team, but we knew we had the best player in program history still a sophomore with the greatest class in program history coming in next season... and as it turned out that team shocked everyone by winning a championship anyway.

It was rough going through the 09 season with the BabyVols, but we were coming of back-to-back titles and we knew it would be a rebuilding year heavily dependent on freshmen and that young talent would get a lot better and dominate the SEC in the coming years.

In this catastrophic season there is absolutely nothing to be excited about. This team, assuming it hangs on the make the NCAAs, will get a poor seed and a quick exit. There is NO help coming next season, and little reason to think Graves will be the only departure. There is no reason to believe the obvious chemistry problems with the players will be resolved, nor that Holly's job is in any serious jeopardy even with an epic collapse. Unlike previous teams that have struggled, there is no silver lining with this group.

So congrats to Holly and her staff on taking this program to its lowest point. And the sad thing is, it's only going to get lower. On to Vanderbilt...

Thank you so much Darth. We all really needed this moment of clarity because so many of us had been operating under the delusion that things were going splendidly. Personally, I had believed that losing big leads and playing crappy basketball game after game was part of the plan to catch Uconn off guard in the NC game.

After reading your post, I now realize what a fool I had been!!!!! It had never dawned on me and I doubt anyone else on this board except for you of course in your sage wisdom, that all these losses are a sign that the season is not going well!

I had an epiphany when reading your words. My God, I just wish someone had only told me earlier that this team is not having a great season because losing is, is, uh, uh (tears of rage, screams of anguish, headbanging convulsions and then curling into a fetal position and begging for mommy!) Sorry, I just need a good stiff drink; oh, my hands are shaking, okay, okay, deep breath; go to my happy place---

you made me face the terrible truth that LOSSES are not WINS and that lots of losses are really, really different from lots of wins (and different in a really BAD way).

I hope others read your post so they too can be enlightened but please but for the sake of those in poor health and, who might not be able to withstand the shock, please include a medical warning in your title.

Bless you Darth, you angel of truth!!

Last edited:

Well said. There has being a lot of posts and comments made for and against the situation of this LV team. I for one believe the entire staff should be let go.. However we can vent, complain and exalt our frustration in posts all day. Until the powers to be starts to fill the pain in the wallet, nothing will be done.

Less fan support will get the message across pretty fast. Not only to the Admin, but to the coaches all everyone else that is in a position of power to listen to the fans.

For all those Holly fans out there, well good luck with the never ending realization that when you accept average as OK. You have in essence allow for a staff to feel confident that nothing will happen to thier lack of accountability and not getting results as expected.

After many many and many years of being a LV fan, I cannot bring myself to watch them play on TV let alone drive to watch live at TBA. Are my the only one that is so disgusted with the lack of coaching that is evident here?

I just want to get to a place I can proudly get excited about this players and program once again.

What can the fans do to get the message to Dave Hart real fast?

I'm watched the Ohio State and Maryland game and I am very impressed with Ohio States offense. Kelcy Mitchell is a superstar. They have players that don't shy away from shooting wide open threes and their offensive rankings prove that. On the other hand Tennessee will pass up all kinds of open three point shots in order to force the ball inside. Dunbar, to her credit, will shoot when she is open and she was the reason the Lady Vols were able to overcome an early A and M lead. Why can't Middleton do the same thing?? She took some open shots against Bama and nailed them. Why couldn't she do the same thing when she played all those fourth quarter minutes against the Aggies. Why didn't Holly utilize Dunbar more when she was on fire?? Why did Holly play Middleton, Moore, Nared, Reynolds and Russell all those fourth quarter minutes when it was obvious that lineup wasn't producing enough points to shut down the Aggie comeback?? Why did Holly go away from zone when it was working in the first half?? Why do these same problems keep creeping up? How is it a Holly coached team can give away leads so easily?? I mean how many double digit point leads have they had this season, not to mention Holly's entire head coaching career, that they give up and end up either losing the game or the other team almost comes back and wins, Chattanooga comes to mind. They had leads against Florida, Arkansas, Miss St, Kentucky, A and M and have lost everyone of those games!! They could be undefeated in the SEC right now. On the other hand, Chattanooga, Syracuse, Penn St, Witchita St, and Oregon State also nearly came back to beat Tennessee. As bad as their record is now, it could be much much worse..

Reactions: 3 people
Thank you so much Darth.

You're welcome. But my point, which as usual you missed, was this program has been down before in the past but at least we always had reason to believe that it was temporary and better things were ahead. This is the very first time, EVER, in my long history of following the Lady Vols that I have absolutely no hope for the foreseeable future for this program.

If you, the eternal optimist, have any beacon of hope we can cling to please feel free to enlighten us. If not, feel free to keep firing sarcastic barbs if it makes you feel better about the state of the program. However you want to cope makes no difference to me....

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
You're welcome. But my point, which as usual you missed, was this program has been down before in the past but at least we always had reason to believe that it was temporary and better things were ahead. This is the very first time, EVER, in my long history of following the Lady Vols that I have absolutely no hope for the foreseeable future for this program.

If you, the eternal optimist, have any beacon of hope we can cling to please feel free to enlighten us. If not, feel free to keep firing sarcastic barbs if it makes you feel better about the state of the program. However you want to cope makes no difference to me....

No need to get all huffy Darth; i am feeling a tightening around my throat. Eehehehehesy with the dark side of force. Gasp!, whoooaaa I can breath; Thank you.

But I got your point Darthypoo since it is the only one you ever make.

What really did surprise me is that you referenced the baby vols as a standard of excellence or at least a cause for optimism, pointing to their SEC titles (I will add making it to the regional finals).

Funny, Holly equaled those standards in her first three years; Yep, she really did but this season of course is way, way below that diminished LV standard.

But your pessimistic crystal ball and its dark vision of misery and petulance forever descending upon LV land (with no hope, no future), is debatable my friend.

Whenever the LVs hit a rough patch (even under CPS), the negavols always make dire pronouncements about TRANSFERS. The sky is falling; Everyone is gonna leave--disrupting their education, breaking social ties, and losing a year of eligibility in the process--I JUST KNOW IT!!! For the most part, however, it remains a rarity for LVs to transfer out. So, odds are next year a lot of talent will be coming back, perhaps tougher and wiser from this season's struggles. So, I think the chances are not that bad that this team could again contend for an SEC title next season and even make it to a regional final (the Final four may yet again be a bridge too far).

My other assumption is that there will be some shake-up in the coaching staff; most likely Holly will stay at the helm but I think there will almost have to be some new blood brought in at the assistant level. And Holly has a lot of resources at her disposal. We (okay not you) can hope that this wipe-out season will get her to seriously rethink her overall approach and learn from others.

So, I remain a (guarded) optimist just as you revel in pessimism. Doppelganger time I suppose but in the end, one thing I know, your post, my post, does not change a freakin' thing.

Last edited:
No need to get all huffy Darth; i am feeling a tightening around my throat. Eehehehehesy with the dark side of force. Gasp!, whoooaaa I can breath; Thank you.

What really did surprise me is that you referenced the baby vols as a standard of excellence or at least a cause for optimism, pointing to their SEC titles (I will add making it to the regional finals).

Funny, Holly equaled those standards in her first three years; Yep, she really did but this season of course is way, way below that diminished LV standard.

But your pessimistic crystal ball and its dark vision of misery and petulance forever descending upon LV land (with no hope, no future), is debatable my friend.

Whenever the LVs hit a rough patch (even under CPS), the negavols always make dire pronouncements about TRANSFERS. The sky is falling; Everyone is gonna leave--disrupting their education, breaking social ties, and losing a year of eligibility in the process--I JUST KNOW IT!!! For the most part, however, it remains a rarity for LVs to transfer out. So, odds are next year a lot of talent will be coming back, perhaps tougher and wiser from this season's struggles. So, I think the chances are not that bad that this team could again contend for an SEC title next season and even make it to a regional final (the Final four may yet again be a bridge too far).

My other assumption is that there will be some shake-up in the coaching staff; most likely Holly will stay at the helm but I think there will almost have to be some new blood brought in at the assistant level. And Holly has a lot of resources at her disposal. We (okay not you) can hope that this wipe-out season will get her to seriously rethink her overall approach and learn from others.

So, I remain a (guarded) optimist just as you revel in pessimism. Doppelganger time I suppose but in the end, one thing I know, your post, my post, does not change a freakin' thing.

You are correct about the posts not changing anything, but that's about it. You sir/madam are in denial if you think that Holly Warlick is any kind of coach. She should be fired at season's end without hesitation. A mid major hc would do better with these girls and I do support the girls on this team. But HW will never have my support. She's the Dereck Dooley of Lady Vol basketball.

You are correct about the posts not changing anything, but that's about it. You sir/madam are in denial if you think that Holly Warlick is any kind of coach. She should be fired at season's end without hesitation. A mid major hc would do better with these girls and I do support the girls on this team. But HW will never have my support. She's the Dereck Dooley of Lady Vol basketball.

Alrighty then. But you have hit upon the endless circle jerk this board has become.

On the one-side, we have "the FAAHR Holly now!: crowd; on the other side, we have those (myself included) who counter, you know, the reality is that the AD is not likely to fire her after one bad season (and her first three were pretty decent from a record standpoint). So, we say, if she does stay on as HC, lets hope she gets better.

Then the "Faahr Holly!" crowd retorts. "I will NEVER accept that! Holly must be fired now!! and I MEAN IT!!" (stomping feat very forcefully)

And then we say, "Right, your preference is duly noted but the issue is not whether you accept it. What actually matters is whether or not AD Hart will let her go given the contractual buyout clause, etc. etc. So, if Holly is given another year by the person who makes that decision, let's hope she improves, right?"

Then the fire Holly people respond "NO, UNACCEPTABLE! I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS!! Holly DOOLEY! FIRE NOW!;"

And we say, "yes, understood; you want Holly fired now. And that would probably be the best option but if the AD does not choose that course, wouldn't it better to hope that Holly can improve?"

Then on cue comes, "NOOOOH! FIRE HOLLY DOOLEY NOW" and on and on it goes.

So, yes I make some fun of this ritual exchange because it is comical debate. And let's be glad for a little levity in a rather depressing season.

Last edited:
Where did we go wrong? Simple, hiring a no coaching, no recruiting HC who is in serious denial of her coaching ability who has the people skills of a retarded cockroach.

Oh you got me laughing so hard. That some funny stuff but oh so true. :)

I'm watched the Ohio State and Maryland game and I am very impressed with Ohio States offense. Kelcy Mitchell is a superstar. They have players that don't shy away from shooting wide open threes and their offensive rankings prove that. On the other hand Tennessee will pass up all kinds of open three point shots in order to force the ball inside. Dunbar, to her credit, will shoot when she is open and she was the reason the Lady Vols were able to overcome an early A and M lead. Why can't Middleton do the same thing?? She took some open shots against Bama and nailed them. Why couldn't she do the same thing when she played all those fourth quarter minutes against the Aggies. Why didn't Holly utilize Dunbar more when she was on fire?? Why did Holly play Middleton, Moore, Nared, Reynolds and Russell all those fourth quarter minutes when it was obvious that lineup wasn't producing enough points to shut down the Aggie comeback?? Why did Holly go away from zone when it was working in the first half?? Why do these same problems keep creeping up? How is it a Holly coached team can give away leads so easily?? I mean how many double digit point leads have they had this season, not to mention Holly's entire head coaching career, that they give up and end up either losing the game or the other team almost comes back and wins, Chattanooga comes to mind. They had leads against Florida, Arkansas, Miss St, Kentucky, A and M and have lost everyone of those games!! They could be undefeated in the SEC right now. On the other hand, Chattanooga, Syracuse, Penn St, Witchita St, and Oregon State also nearly came back to beat Tennessee. As bad as their record is now, it could be much much worse..

You summed up this team to a 'T' no pun intended.
This post should be sent to EVERYBODY in Lady Vol fandom, ESPN, every single wcbball sports writer and Dave Hart. The way you perfectly broken down the season thus far is stunning to say the least. Now I feel even worse for The Lady Vols.

Fire Holly, NOW!

Reactions: 1 person

When the 4th quarter started, we were up by 11 points. Almost 7 minutes into the 4th, we were still up by 11 points. So how was it "obvious" that the lineup was not producing enough points to shut down the Aggie comeback?

We played zone in the first half and were trailing by 1 point at halftime. Holly switched to man in the 3rd and we outscored them 22-10 that quarter. But you think we should have stayed in the zone because it was working?

How do you "really" feel. Please don't hold back. It is okay to share your feelings in this group therapy activity. Lol

When the 4th quarter started, we were up by 11 points. Almost 7 minutes into the 4th, we were still up by 11 points. So how was it "obvious" that the lineup was not producing enough points to shut down the Aggie comeback?

We played zone in the first half and were trailing by 1 point at halftime. Holly switched to man in the 3rd and we outscored them 22-10 that quarter. But you think we should have stayed in the zone because it was working?

Go back and re watch the game. A and M adjusted to our man defense in the fourth and Walker shredded it, but your good bud holly didn't bother to switch back to zone. Why play man anyway, A and M wasn't shooting three point shots.

That lineup with Middleton and Moore produced all of what, two points? So, ya it wasn't working, and why were they in the game for that long in that critical stretch anyway?

What about all the other coaching blunders holly made, do you need an explanation for those too?

Last edited:
Well Darth you said it all! Many fans I know feel the exact same way! At this point we really have nothing to hang onto.

I wish you would send this post directly to CHW's desk! Maybe someone could read it to her because she understands nothing! She lives in the land of denial and feels she will be around well into the future. Only problem is she will be the only one at Thompson Boling! She can choose any seat in the house!

The simple fact is this; Warlick isn't nor will she become a good coach. The repeated denials by the Holly worshippers is laughable but at the same time kinda sad. She is running a once great program right into the ground. Watch the games and loom at how she makes little to no adjustments and will either keep the wrong players on the floor or sub the wrong ones in. Right now this is a grease fire in the kitchen and if it's not put out soon Warlick is going to burn down the whole damn house. We don't need a house fire we need to fire Holly.

Go back and re watch the game. A and M adjusted to our man defense in the fourth and Walker shredded it, but your good bud holly didn't bother to switch back to zone. Why play man anyway, A and M wasn't shooting three point shots.

That lineup with Middleton and Moore produced all of what, two points? So, ya it wasn't working, and why were they in the game for that long in that critical stretch anyway?

What about all the other coaching blunders holly made, do you need an explanation for those too?

Why play man anyway? So you think going to man in the 3rd and using it to help build a big lead was a mistake (that was their lowest scoring quarter)? If your original criticism was that she should have tried going back to zone in the last few minutes, I couldn't argue with that. But to say that we should have stayed in zone the whole game is silly.

There's plenty to second guess Holly about. Were the players committing silly fouls because they were tired? Did Holly have the right personnel to combat the press? Should she have put some bigs in on the last play for rebounding? Put Kortney back in? Any one might have made the difference. Or not. None of those changes would have guaranteed a win.

Oh, just trying to figure out whether you were channeling your inner David Bowie, or, alt-punk band...:question:

GO LADY VOLS AND HOLLY!

What top assistant in their right mind would leave their position to come to Tennessee as long as Warlick is there pretending to be a coach. Did you see the way UConn and USC worked the officials, especially Staley. Well it worked, as I saw they got most every questionable call. Watch our coach (or should say Holly) whistling, stomping her feet, yes scratching her head, and hugging the girls. She has very little to say to the ref's . Being in over her head is an understatement.

Reactions: 1 person
Last edited:

VN Store

Back