Pretty bad choke job

LVJeff

The LV's blow a 13 point lead and give up 36 points in a little over 13 minutes of the 4th qtr and OT. The LV's are a very weak team mentally and play not to lose instead of to win. They folded badly.

Reactions: 7 people
The LV's blow a 13 point lead and give up 36 points in a little over 13 minutes of the 4th qtr and OT. The LV's are a very weak team mentally and play not to lose instead of to win. They folded badly.

Same story, different day, yet people STILL support Holly. Maybe Coach Barnes will present her another cake when she returns to Knoxville. This one with YOURE FIRED written on it.

Reactions: 5 people

With a little help from the refs and our dumbass coach not playing our best shooters.

Reactions: 3 people
Why they can't rebound is a freaking mystery.

Yet neither Russell, Moore, or Graves are in the game on a key defensive sequence late. I don't know what the numbers are but it felt like the LV's got hammered on the boards.

I feel like the foul on Nared in regulation was a bad one, they didn't give her room to come down. In any event it shouldn't have come to that. Just one more made free throw would have put the game away in regulation. Regulation was a travesty!!:banghead2:*

Reactions: 1 person
Come out the 4th quarter and played not to lose. This has to be the worst rebounding team they have ever had. Don't deserve to wear the Lady Vols logo.

Yet neither Russell, Moore, or Graves are in the game on a key defensive sequence late. I don't know what the numbers are but it felt like the LV's got hammered on the boards.
Grave was obviously hobbling. I do think Moore was playing good defense and should have been in there for Nared. 1 stinking rebound and we win!!

It's easy to blame Holly, and we should, but when your "best players" (Deshields, Nared and Cooper) go a combined 8-31, that won't cut it. Why are they taking so many shots? That DOES go back to coaching. Players who cannot score should not be taking shots. It's not rocket science.

Personally, love to give a big shoutout to the 13th man...I know A&M really enjoyed the mugging you helped them give us...four minutes to go and we shot 6 free throws...A&M...eighteen...not to mention how flagrant some of the muggings were...so once again...FU...and the horse you rode in on...):)

GO LADY VOLS AND HOLLY!

Reactions: 4 people
It's easy to blame Holly, and we should, but when your "best players" (Deshields, Nared and Cooper) go a combined 8-31, that won't cut it. Why are they taking so many shots? That DOES go back to coaching. Players who cannot score should not be taking shots. It's not rocket science.
Yeah but Holly is not HC material

Reactions: 2 people
holly reminds me of andy landers more and more every game with the exception of the vasoline in the hair

Worst coaching job ever. Blow a 13 point lead in 3 minutes and you can't get it together? UT was completely lost the last minutes of regulation and all of overtime.

The LV's start out in a zone and play most of the first half in it if I recall correctly. As boring as it was, it worked. In the 2nd half no zone at all that I remember. Walker goes off for, what, 30 points, and nobody can guard her, but no zone. I know the rebounding would have suffered, but I would have tried a zone for at least one possession to see if the parade of made baskets and free throws would have been stymied.

They were cruising to a win and all of a sudden quit playing offense with 3-4 minutes left. That has gotta be on the coach.

I don't put this one on Holly. This one is on the players. Reynolds shooting with a ton of time on the shot clock at about 2:30 to go in the game, then Nared turns it over trying to get inside. Reynolds with the push off coming across half court and Nared dropping a rebound that was in her hands. The last 5 to 6 minutes of regulation was like the Keystone cops. The team just went brain dead and started to panic. Very tough loss when this game was already won.

Holly would make a good equipment manager for a 2a high school team. Every vol fan must see she is a Loser!

I don't put this one on Holly. This one is on the players. Reynolds shooting with a ton of time on the shot clock at about 2:30 to go in the game, then Nared turns it over trying to get inside. Reynolds with the push off coming across half court and Nared dropping a rebound that was in her hands. The last 5 to 6 minutes of regulation was like the Keystone cops. The team just went brain dead and started to panic. Very tough loss when this game was already won.

How about with a few seconds and no Russell to at least attempt a rebound to stop the game from going into OT? The team also went into a stall game, passing the ball around and passing up good shots. Every time we take our feet off the gas the results are never good. So some of this is on Holly. We just can't just throw players under the bus without including the coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Worst coaching job ever. Blow a 13 point lead in 3 minutes and you can't get it together? UT was completely lost the last minutes of regulation and all of overtime.

She outdid her last bad coaching job. Holly is consistent

Yeah, that Nared pass was abysmal--reminiscent of Junior Pro League. She can look so inept at times.

Conversely, the charge call on her late was atrocious!

VN Store

Back