Practice, video study, or extra shooting?

Jeff thanks for posting the link.

"We're practicing (offense) a lot more than we had earlier," Warlick said after Thursday's game. "That's on me. We should have been doing that. Hopefully we are correcting it and getting those turnovers down."

Oh for crying out loud! Is it any wonder why some of us are on the Fire Holly bandwagon? First she's states she doesn't know what to do on why her team is losing games now that quote. :thud:

Ugh it's frustrating cheering on a team with a coach like Holly.

Reactions: 2 people
All 3 but studying film will be most important....for the COACHES. They don't seem to know what the team's true problems are or how to CORRECT them so they all need to study film.

It's one thing to just 'shoot around', but that doesn't always work. I'm glad their is a focus on offense for once. We need it.
Majority of teams are going to play us zone, I'd work on zone offense/shooting drills. Flare screens, driving and dishing, ball reversals. All these create open shots, not dribbling. My hope is that they are not letting these ladies just 'shooting around', but shooting against a zone defense ... creating a game like situation, and practice in that environment

To bad it took several losses for the team to do what they should have been doing all along. That means all summer and before the season started. Players that don't put a lot of effort into getting better unless coached to do so are not the kind of players we need at Tennessee going forward. I am happy the players are working harder but wonder why it took so long.

Reactions: 1 person
Players that don't put a lot of effort into getting better unless coached to do so are not the kind of players we need at Tennessee going forward.

That's all the team has, so you had better learn to embrace them. There are no (zero, zip, nil) new recruits coming in this year to replace them.

Here's why Warlick and her staff are 2nd rate, if that. Warlick says the other day that the team has been practicing offense more--and added that it was her fault that the team hadn't concentrated on offense more earlier in the year. Hello! Last I checked, offense is HALF the game of basketball. Last I checked, the Vols have been a sloppy, mostly bad offensive team for more than a decade! Last I checked, we couldn't even score 50 points against Maryland in the elite 8 game--offense cost a chance to go to the final four! She said the SAME THING, about not putting enough emphasis on the offense, earlier /this year/ after a couple of losses. How many games does Holly need to lose because of he crap offense, over how many years, before it dawns on her that there just might be an offensive issue with the program? She said the same thing last year. Somewhere along the way, we became a very LOW IQ program--from the coaches to the players, and one only has to watch us play, say, notre dame every year to see amble evidence of that.

Last edited:
That's all the team has, so you had better learn to embrace them. There are no (zero, zip, nil) new recruits coming in this year to replace them.

I know better coaching and understanding who to recruit is not who we are. I think we'll always in most seasons compete for the SEC title but the final four is certainly just a dream these days.

I know better coaching and understanding who to recruit is not who we are. I think we'll always in most seasons compete for the SEC title but the final four is certainly just a dream these days.

If we do not achieve a better understanding of coaching and recruiting, and I mean today, the Lady Vols will only be a name of days gone by. If we don't have good coaching and good recruiting, we will not be competing for an SEC title unless th other SEC teams become mediocre. That would be a shame for the Lady Vols and the SEC.

Last edited:
If we do not achieve a better understanding of coaching and recruiting, and I mean today, the Lady Vols will only be a name of days gone by. That would be a shame.

Thinking entropically, it is an inevitability that a program gradually declines into disorder.

I like to think optimistically! :)

The only reason Lady Vols are still in the top 25 is reputation and history alone. That won't last. This program is in a bad place right now and if something doesn't happen to turn it around fast this can tailspin out of control. This isn't just an "off year"...it's the culmination of years of taking recruiting for granted and a crucial mistake in handing the program over to Holly. It's sad to see this.

I'm watching this game vs Texas A and M and the girls look good which makes u wonder why such inconsistency? Whether they hold on to win or not we'll see. The recruiting is a huge concern regardless. Not sure if Holly is up to the task. This is still a premier womens bball program but you can't let it keep falling behind. The program somewhat recruits itself in many ways. A win on the road vs # 12 T A and M would be nice.

Wow. Holly found a way to choke away a 13 pt 4th quarter lead and is now 14-9. 14-9...think about that. Holly will find a way to lose. She's good for that. She'll lose the recruits.....she'll choke away the games...and now she can watch the pathetic group she put together finally leave the top 25.

Today was vintage Holly Warlick. Big lead....engender hope...then choke it all away. Even with their 2 best players fouling out. Nice job Holly. Just when you think you couldn't make it any worse i'll be darned if you didn't find a way. This program is in shambles.

VN Store

Back