I think I have the perfect choice...

roddo518

Coach
To replace holly. I think the powers that be need to seriously consider MacMillin from UTM. He has done great things with very little. The ladies at UTM just took the lead in their conference. He is a great X's and O's coach. It is also where we found Pat Head Summit. Could it be fate?

Reactions: 4 people
Well, o.k....so when are you gonna tell Holly that her services are no longer needed?
P.S. UT didn't find Pat...Pat found UT and and said here I am...wanna win? :)

GO LADY VOLS AND HOLLY!

Holly will be here next year Hart was gushing in pride at the 100 game celebration the other day. I think she could lose out the rest of the season and come back next year.

She will be coming back to less than this season:

Reynolds Sr.
Carter Sr. if she returns
Middleton Jr.
Dunbar Jr.
Nared Jr.
Deshields Jr.
Russell Jr.
Cooper Soph.
Jackson Soph.

is probably who we have coming back. I am thinking Jones gives up basketball to many concussions and think she will graduate. I don't see her mother and I agree with her letting her play anymore after suffering 4 in the last two seasons.

It's amusing how people continue to pick replacements for a coaching position that is Not open, and will Not be open anytime soon.

I'm guessing some people are trying to fill a Void in their lives.

Reactions: 2 people
Holly will be here next year Hart was gushing in pride at the 100 game celebration the other day. I think she could lose out the rest of the season and come back next year.

Reynolds Sr.
Middleton Jr.
Dunbar Jr.
Nared Jr.
Deshields Jr.
Russell Jr.
Cooper Soph.
Jackson Soph.

is probably who we have coming back. I am thinking Jones gives up basketball to many concussions and think she will graduate. I don't see her mother and I agree with her letting her play anymore after suffering 4 in the last two seasons.

I've always wondered what this lineup could do offensively if given an extended chance:

1-Cooper
2-DeShields
3-Nared
4-Dunbar
5-Russell

That's all I could think too but Dunbar against bigs at USC, TX, Baylor, etc., would be disastrous.

Right now it would be Dunbar don't know if we'll sign anybody in April.

Kortney may not even be back next season and I wouldn't blame her. Just like Nia, Kortney is being under utilized.

It makes absolutely no sense not to implement Kortney into a game. Keep her active and set up for success. That's too difficult for this coaching staff.

I say Fire Holly, NOW and let us get a better coach.

Reactions: 9 people
Could he offer some advice to Rick Barnes on how to win a damn road game, too?

It's amusing how people continue to pick replacements for a coaching position that is Not open, and will Not be open anytime soon.

---
..and some people have no issue with seeing a once proud program spiral down the drain into insignificance. I get the whole "win lose or tie..vol till I die" thing but the irreversible digression of what was a source of pride and accomplishment for UT does matter to some people.

Reactions: 5 people
To replace holly. I think the powers that be need to seriously consider MacMillin from UTM. He has done great things with very little. The ladies at UTM just took the lead in their conference. He is a great X's and O's coach. It is also where we found Pat Head Summit. Could it be fate?
how silly can it get..move on or support our coach& players

Last edited:
Today's game is one where once again the game plan is playing not to lose. 11 pt lead just frittered away with bad fundamentals...no confidence in closing it out. Coach has to instill a mindset..and the mindset is fear. Whether they survive this one or not..it's another one that shouldn't have been this close.

Geez. Pathetic effort. 13 point lead just choked away...even with two of A nd M's stars fouled out. Holly is a horrible coach for this program.

Announcer said "Tennessee's body language is as if they've already lost". Nice job Holly.

Reactions: 3 people
football team went through this for 7 years so expect it from the ladies for several more

I love Holly and wish she could turn the corner and get back on track. She's devoted her life to the program. However, if it doesn't work out, I cannot endorse Kevin McMillan enough. I actually had the privilege of playing for him when he was a high school coach. And when I say privilege, I mean an absolute privilege. The man knows the game inside out. He's a basketball genius and cares deeply about his players. He wants nothing more than to see his players succeed both as a team and individually. It's no coincidence that he's been highly successful everywhere he's coached. You cannot find a better person both on and off the court and I know he would be an absolute ambassador for the program.

Reactions: 3 people

Reynolds Sr.
Middleton Jr.
Dunbar Jr.
Nared Jr.
Deshields Jr.
Russell Jr.
Cooper Soph.
Jackson Soph.

I agree, but I could also see Diamond leaving to play overseas one year (to rebuild her image) and then entering the WNBA draft. This season hasn't gone the way she envisioned it and based on the way her and Holly interact I could see her not staying another year.

I love Holly and wish she could turn the corner and get back on track. She's devoted her life to the program. However, if it doesn't work out, I cannot endorse Kevin McMillan enough. I actually had the privilege of playing for him when he was a high school coach. And when I say privilege, I mean an absolute privilege. The man knows the game inside out. He's a basketball genius and cares deeply about his players. He wants nothing more than to see his players succeed both as a team and individually. It's no coincidence that he's been highly successful everywhere he's coached. You cannot find a better person both on and off the court and I know he would be an absolute ambassador for the program.

Fire Holly, NOW!:)

Bring Kevin McMillan in as coach for the Lady Vols, now. Anybody is better than CHW at this point.

Reactions: 1 person

No, I'm trying to fill a void in talent at the coaching position for Tennessee!

Reactions: 1 person
how silly can it get..move on or support our coach& players

I guess you supported Dereck Dooley as well. You're delusional if you think Holly (Dooley) Warlick can coach. I support each and every lady on that team. Would not blame any of them for transferring...and some should.

VN Store

Back