..news update - the troll has change of heart

jryevols

Although I have spoken what I felt the truth about the Lady Vols Basketball Team , there have been a couple readers that nicknamed me the troll. Never really hurt my feelings, just understood that they had difference of opinions and that's cool.

Although my comments may have seemed harsh , as many I was allowed to write my disgust with the coaching and plying of the LV'S , but last night I realized that something had changed.

These young ladies many out of high school love their coach and she has devoted her life to coaching and mentoring them. Her interview was honest and from the heart, and when the team tried to carry her off the floor, I saw a genuine love and respect , and isn't that what we want from a coach and her team.

These girls represent our beloved University of Tennessee and I doubt that any of them have wanted to lose a game. In percentage to the games played she has won more than Butch Jones , but the fans aren't burning down his house just yet.

Using a great line from Rocky , when Rocky Balboia had defeated the Russians he said " if I can change, if they can change , then we all can change.

Finish Strong LV'S and Make Us All Proud

The Troll With A Heart:mf_surrender:

Reactions: 11 people
well it is all ways better to Holler Go Lady Vols :clapping:

and welcome to the Good Side instead of the Dark Side :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
Its not all bad, we played a really hard schedule for a young team, all the injuries. The ladies weren't ready, but it looks like Holly is getting them ready, it making this her team.

Gotta have faith!

Although I have spoken what I felt the truth about the Lady Vols Basketball Team , there have been a couple readers that nicknamed me the troll. Never really hurt my feelings, just understood that they had difference of opinions and that's cool.

Although my comments may have seemed harsh , as many I was allowed to write my disgust with the coaching and plying of the LV'S , but last night I realized that something had changed.

These young ladies many out of high school love their coach and she has devoted her life to coaching and mentoring them. Her interview was honest and from the heart, and when the team tried to carry her off the floor, I saw a genuine love and respect , and isn't that what we want from a coach and her team.

These girls represent our beloved University of Tennessee and I doubt that any of them have wanted to lose a game. In percentage to the games played she has won more than Butch Jones , but the fans aren't burning down his house just yet.

Using a great line from Rocky , when Rocky Balboia had defeated the Russians he said " if I can change, if they can change , then we all can change.

I normally tsp reading when I see lady,but I read it and to even compare their win % is stupid Butch took over a football team decimated and with years of being awful.and holly took over the best program in women's basketball history.

Reactions: 4 people
Your comment about the percentages being stupid need to have a closer evaluation and analysis. I agree that the program that Butch took over was terrible , but Holly did not inherit a super pack of a ball club as I remember. Look at the teams that like Conn or South Carolina. The reason that they are winning the games they are is because of super-stars in the women's division , exceptional ballplayers , like a Candice Parker. Tell me my friend how many of those we have.

You know as well as I do that a Britney Grinder and the rest of the super-stars alone can dominate the game. Holly doesn't have that luxury as of yet but she will. It took Butch three years of recruiting to get a decent team and still only finished 9-4.

It's a matter of time and Holly will land a big one and the road to recovery will be back once again.

There are about 282 other division schools that would love to have Holly if they could afford her, and many that have never made it to the show.

So go back and do your homework if you want to defend your turf and call other's comments stupid.....

The Troll

Reactions: 3 people
I normally tsp reading when I see lady,but I read it and to even compare their win % is stupid Butch took over a football team decimated and with years of being awful.and holly took over the best program in women's basketball history.

And by the way the Online Slang Dictionary defines Troll as:

Someone who knows that small minded people are in such abundance that internet entertainment will always be provided.

So eat that Princess:clapping:

just remember the quality of the competition before you get too warm & fuzzy with the state of LadyVoldom. They're only one loss away from the Hanging Tree. Let them beat a worthy opponent or two first before Holly gets canonized.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Your comment about the percentages being stupid need to have a closer evaluation and analysis. I agree that the program that Butch took over was terrible , but Holly did not inherit a super pack of a ball club as I remember. Look at the teams that like Conn or South Carolina. The reason that they are winning the games they are is because of super-stars in the women's division , exceptional ballplayers , like a Candice Parker. Tell me my friend how many of those we have.

You know as well as I do that a Britney Grinder and the rest of the super-stars alone can dominate the game. Holly doesn't have that luxury as of yet but she will. It took Butch three years of recruiting to get a decent team and still only finished 9-4.

It's a matter of time and Holly will land a big one and the road to recovery will be back once again.

There are about 282 other division schools that would love to have Holly if they could afford her, and many that have never made it to the show.

So go back and do your homework if you want to defend your turf and call other's comments stupid.....

The Troll

I don't really follow these things too much, but didn't she fail to sign any top recruits this cycle. You sound like a blind sheep.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't really follow these things too much, but didn't she fail to sign any top recruits this cycle. You sound like a blind sheep.

A lot of the Holly is the greatest thing, since canned soup, fans, have short memories, or truly are not looking at the potential future. Unless Holly recruits well for JC talent, we have a few transfers, the 2016 recruiting collapse will have an adverse affect upon the Lady Vols. She will need a banner recruiting 2017 campaign. We cannot get over excited because the Lady Vols beat two teams that they should have beat. If they can beat A&M and play USC, like they should, then we may have something.

The Troll
I have to take exception to your comment "but Holly did not inherit a super pack of a ball club as I remember. Look at the teams that like Conn or South Carolina. The reason that they are winning the games they are is because of super-stars in the women's division , exceptional ballplayers , like a Candice Parker". Holly inherited what Pat had to work with, she also was in on who was recruited and the players were very much recognized as legitimate basketball players of high caliber. Holly has recruited the likes of Basahara, Andra, Nia, Jasmine Jones & Phillips, Jordan, Janna, Mercedes, Kortney, Alexa, Jamie, Meme and Te'a. All who have high credentials for being sought after basketball players. I will not give her the excuse that she does not have players that are too young or not good enough to play for Tennessee.

Its not all bad, we played a really hard schedule for a young team, all the injuries. The ladies weren't ready, but it looks like Holly is getting them ready, it making this her team.

Gotta have faith!

Graves--four year starter
Carter--junior/3 year starter
Reynolds--vet
DeShields---2nd year plus a year of watching plus college BB's freshman of the year
Russell---2nd year plus a year of watching plus nation's no. 1 recruit
Nared--2nd year

Let's not play the "we're young" card. That's not the problem with this team. We've lost three games to bad teams--arky, miss. state and Va. tech. Va. tech, which beat us and held us to, what 41 or 43 points--has LOST SEVEN of its LAST EIGHT games, and got beat by ND by 40. We lost to florida, which has three SEC losses. And Stanford? The cardinal have lost 5 games this year. If you listen to Warlick talk about the Vols, you would think we were LaSalle or Indiana St. or some second/third-rate program that, more than halfway through the season, is beginning to become a more competitive team. It's painful. Can you imagine Geno or McGraw saying things like this two-thirds of the way through the season: "Well, we're starting to learn to play with each other a little better. On offense, we're moving more--and we're practicing better." She might as well say this: "By April, I expect us to be a very solid team." And this has basically been our MO for the last four years.

Reactions: 5 people
What Butch has done is absolutely amazing. Holly is in no way like Butch Jones. If what you said is true about other schools winning with stars then why doesn't Holly get stars she needs? Is it hard to recruit to Tennessee? Butch signed back to back top 5 classes while our record was 6-6 and 5-7. It should not be hard to sign the best in the country to play for the Lady Vols.

You're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it - people like you.

Last edited:
Graves--four year starter
Carter--junior/3 year starter
Reynolds--vet
DeShields---2nd year plus a year of watching plus college BB's freshman of the year
Russell---2nd year plus a year of watching plus nation's no. 1 recruit
Nared--2nd year

Let's not play the "we're young" card. That's not the problem with this team. We've lost three games to bad teams--arky, miss. state and Va. tech. Va. tech, which beat us and held us to, what 41 or 43 points--has LOST SEVEN of its LAST EIGHT games, and got beat by ND by 40. We lost to florida, which has three SEC losses. And Stanford? The cardinal have lost 5 games this year. If you listen to Warlick talk about the Vols, you would think we were LaSalle or Indiana St. or some second/third-rate program that, more than halfway through the season, is beginning to become a more competitive team. It's painful. Can you imagine Geno or McGraw saying things like this two-thirds of the way through the season: "Well, we're starting to learn to play with each other a little better. On offense, we're moving more--and we're practicing better." She might as well say this: "By April, I expect us to be a very solid team." And this has basically been our MO for the last four years.

Well our impact players are all young... Cooper, Deshields and Russell, less than one year of playing basketball with the team and together, now add Nared and Middleton. wuteva.

Minus Graves, Reynolds, and Carter...like you would really build an offense or team around those three wuteva. U just want to argue, our team is young in the terms of playing basketball together and playing in this system.

Each team takes time, and each season is a progression, Holly is not Geno or Muffett. Holly is Holly. And I back Pat and roll with Holly.

Our M.O, oh you mean league champs and two elite 8 appearances, yes that has been or M.O, hopefully we can upgrade this season, if not there's always next year.

Defense, rebounds, and good guard play win championships.

Reactions: 2 people
Do you all honestly believe by firing Holly we will be playing in the final four next year?

VN Store

Back