Holly Not Going Anywhere

Decker Moss

After watching the video of Hart and the Lady Vols celebrating Warlick's 100th victory after the game last night, it is obvious that Holly is not going anywhere. My hope is that this year has lit a fire under her and she will make some changes to ensure we improve and become relevant in women's basketball again

While I have been extremely critical of her coaching and leadership abilities, I have been disturbed at the personal attacks against her. My vocalness has been based on my support of our team and the belief that we deserve the best. Evidently the powers that be, believe that is what we have, or don't have the interest, or money, to pursue it. I will just have to accept the fact that Holly is our coach and pray for the best.

#VFL

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
"Holly Not Going Anywhere"

Unless pushed out the door. Don't think it is deserving at this point:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: 7 people
The team will win just enough that she'll never get fired... Just making the NCCA tourney will be enough to keep the job. WCBB isn't a big enough money maker to fire a coach with a winning record. Sadly they'll never complete for a national championship either.

Reactions: 6 people
Since this thread isn't on fire (no pun), just wanted to mention that Kellie Harper's Mizzou State team has taken over the lead in their conference and plays tonight at 8 PM EST on ESPN 3 (for those who get it) against a team that beat them earlier. Should be a good conference rematch.

Kellie's team is currently on a five-game win streak.

Go, Kellie, Jon, Jackie (Styles), and Lady Bears! :clapping:

Reactions: 1 person
Unless this team can really pull it together and roar into national contention this year, which in turn might spark our recruiting, I think the Vols will be mediocre under Warlick. The only success she could claim in prior years was doing well in the SEC--nothing more than that for a program that is used to being in the Final Four. This year, we are not even doing well in the SEC--first ever loss to miss. state; rare loss to arky, loss to florida. And recruiting? It's been going south. I don't think Hart cares all that much about women's bb, truth be told. He comes from bama, which has been the worst program in the league for a long time. Warlick is not a good coach.

I know it's Alabama and Arkansas but the last 2 games they have looked better. None of us know what goes on behind the scenes. I'm not a Holly lover. But I'm not so much a hater either. It's just we have come to expect so much more from our team. And being embarrassed on the national scene is not the Lady Vols brand. Let's hope they are starting to come together. I like the way they used Russell last night. She appeared to be demanding the ball at times and seemed to fight for rebounds a little harder. I would love to see a final four run come together this season. But I just really want to see progress. Next week or so will tell if these girls have any fight and pride with the looming schedule. Go Lady Vols.

Reactions: 3 people
OP, you were told that before. How about enjoying a win now...:)

GO LADY VOLS AND HOLLY!

Holly is a joke. Regardless if Hart fires her this year or in the next 5 years. She is ruining a once proud national power and its not going to get any better anytime soon.

Reactions: 10 people
"Holly Not Going Anywhere"

Unless pushed out the door. Don't think it is deserving at this point:

Not long ago, there was a big push on here to fire Holly and hire Nikki - anyone see LSU play last night ? I know they have been hit hard by injuries and have no depth (which has never been an excuse for Holly), but can you imagine this board if we put that team on the floor ?

The last two games they have looked better for two primary reasons. The first was the competition they faced. The second was Graves being out forced Holly to come out of the ill-advised double post half court offense she elected to use. In the next game Graves will be back. Watch what offense she runs and you will know if she has finally gets it or not.

This team has no bangers other than an undersized Graves, so it should be transition style with wide spacing like Barnes runs his team since they also have no bangers other than an undersized Schofield. The LV's do have a tall center in Russell, a luxury Barnes does not have, who should stay in the low post, rebound, and make lay-ups while being fouled. Besides the transition style, the half court O should be dribble drive with Cooper and Carter feeding out to DeShields, Middleton, etc. for mid-range J's to 3's when the lay-up is not there.

On D they should take advantage of their roster and press full court for 40 minutes while running and playing the passing lanes all the time. Park Russell near the basket in the lane for blocks, rebounds, and outlet passes. She only stands around anyway. In half court they should run match-up zone more since they are not physical and are actually very slow to recognize what the opponents are running on O. Own the boards on missed shots, they have enough quickness to transition while keeping everybody in to rebound.

If they do those things they will win more games and have a team identity they currently do not have. If they don't they will lose half their games the rest of the season and fail quickly in both the SEC and NCAA. There will be more backlash from the fan base for Holly. But it is all on her to set the stage for them to be able to do their best.

Holly is not the coach to lead this team to a national championship. If you are satisfied with being a middle of the pack SEC team, then great. Just don't bash Holly when we continue to lose to the top teams in the nation. If you love Holly, then stay by her.

We should have been scoring in the 70's all season. If we had no more than two or three losses at the most. Scoring points has been the problem and it took the team to long to figure out how to attack the zone. You still have to make shots and the third quarter was an example of that. We managed to get some shots to fall in the fourth and won the game. The one post offense is working Russell got a lot of touches last night. Onward to the next game because these next three determine a lot about the season very tough opponents. If we could win 2 of 3 I think would be excellent.

Holly's not going anywhere and she's getting acclaim for home wins over two mediocre SEC teams.

Meanwhile we continue to lose ground to UConn, ND, Stanford etc. Our status as the top one or two women's bb program grows dimmer. We're like bama football was under Dennis Franchione...winning games, but out of the national conversation. bammers put up with that for all of two years... ...

You know it's gotten bad when people are celebrating two home victories over two of the worst teams in the SEC. Every year the program's bar drops a little lower, a little lower...As someone said above, this team should have maybe one loss, not six or seven.

This program will be in a shambles before Hart does anything. And, I mean a dumpster fire.

Reactions: 4 people
You know it's gotten bad when people are celebrating two home victories over two of the worst teams in the SEC. Every year the program's bar drops a little lower, a little lower...As someone said above, this team should have maybe one loss, not six or seven.

Its not who they played. It's how they won. You do realize this team has been playing down to everyone. Virginia Tech for example. 1st Arkansas game. The last 2 games they played like they should have played in all their losses. If they had we may be talking about only 1 or 2 losses at this point. That's why their celebrating. Stop looking for just the negative all the time. See that there has been progress.

WORD.........well said. We might as well pull out the red carpet for this staff. Uconn , Stanford, ND, Baylor, South Carolina, Maryland, Ohio state, to name a few are by far better program right now. We cannot even recruit well against them or beat over anyone of them and we are celebrating wins over two bad team. Once again this is not a talent issue. It is a bad coaching problem. Like someone said earlier let's keep celebrating and accepting average result as OK. Empty seats will at some point take care of this ridiculous staff and incompetence. Dood luck to the person hoping for a final four appearance. Seriously.

WORD.........well said. We might as well pull out the red carpet for this staff. Uconn , Stanford, ND, Baylor, South Carolina, Maryland, Ohio state, to name a few are by far better program right now. We cannot even recruit well against them or beat over anyone of them and we are celebrating wins over two bad team. Once again this is not a talent issue. It is a bad coaching problem. Like someone said earlier let's keep celebrating and accepting average result as OK. Empty seats will at some point take care of this ridiculous staff and incompetence. Dood luck to the person hoping for a final four appearance. Seriously.

So, what is the appropriate response to back-to-back conference wins? Booing? There is not much the team or staff can do about past games so wouldn't building a winning streak, after a disappointing start, like be a good thing? Sure these are not the toughest teams but you do have play who is on your schedule and a win is a win.

Reactions: 2 people
OP, you were told that before. How about enjoying a win now...:)

GO LADY VOLS AND HOLLY!

Surprise, surprise that Holly's girlfriend is on here taking up for her. You are 1 of 2 things, blind or a troll. There is no way you could think that Warlick is the right coach for this team. It's not like this is her first year of coaching and you don't know what you're getting. This middle of the pack junk has been going on for years. We know you've been singing her praises and admitting you're wrong is hard to do for people but it's ok, admitting that she's a hack is ok to do.

It doesn't matter if Holly is getting support from Dave Hart, the men's coach and her players carrying her off the court for win 100. That doesn't change the fact that Holly does not know how to develop players, nor does it change the fact she hasn't recruited any players for 2016 all those players that were offered a scholly said NO to her. It doesn't change the fact she does not know how to make adjustments in games nor does she know how to use her players for success on the court i.e. Kortney Dunbar and Nia Moore. Holly also is a very bad communicator. And above all else her fashion sense is godawful. I make it a concerted effort not to listen or watch her speak before or after games. She might be the friendliest most likeable person in the world but I don't know about that all I know is Holly is an awful coach. I can only hope that she gets better in her job and the Lady Vols continue to win.

It is just no fun watching her on the sidelines especially when players come in off the court and she slaps the players on their behinds mumbling good job. I can't stand it!

VN Store

Back