Quit being proud Holly, talk to coach Barnes

jryevols

There will be those waiting to see how I bash Holly and the LV's this week , but many are correct, all the negativism in the world will not change the coach or the players. If you watch the game without coaching bias you will see that we have the ability but it is well known that ability - direction = 0 , or washout.

A. The girls are playing streetball , there is very little direction, watch in the next game how many of the players are running around and throw their hands in the air ( saying throw me the ball). Both Middleton and DeShields are constantly doing it.

B. Globetrotter syndrome - too much passing and style play. You don't pass behind the back when you are behind on the scoreboard.

C. This is a group of McDonald players , playing for themselves. There a few team players , but Diamond and Tea should have their names taken off and replaced with BALL-HOG. Ball hogs may shine from time to time but they never win respect from the other players or games for that matter.

D. I will say it over again , leave Dunbar in the game longer than you do DeShields. Her first two shots were both threes , she needs a chance to warm up. She as well has no direction. She is the easiest in the world to defense. She goes to the corner , and just stays there waving her arms.

E. Finally and the real reason I wrote this thread, is that Holly needs o sit down and talk with coach Barnes. You may say " well he hasn't won either". Coach Barnes inherited the smallest team in men's college basketball and has them playing like they are all seven footers. They are fast and enjoyable to watch. I agree they have faults as well , but the man has taught them to play and they remain close in all games because ability + direction = achievement.

Holly needs to have her team practice with the men's team......... they will learn more than they do from the coaches.

Reactions: 3 people
There will be those waiting to see how I bash Holly and the LV's this week , but many are correct, all the negativism in the world will not change the coach or the players. If you watch the game without coaching bias you will see that we have the ability but it is well known that ability - direction = 0 , or washout.

A. The girls are playing streetball , there is very little direction, watch in the next game how many of the players are running around and throw their hands in the air ( saying throw me the ball). Both Middleton and DeShields are constantly doing it.

B. Globetrotter syndrome - too much passing and style play. You don't pass behind the back when you are behind on the scoreboard.

C. This is a group of McDonald players , playing for themselves. There a few team players , but Diamond and Tea should have their names taken off and replaced with BALL-HOG. Ball hogs may shine from time to time but they never win respect from the other players or games for that matter.

D. I will say it over again , leave Dunbar in the game longer than you do DeShields. Her first two shots were both threes , she needs a chance to warm up. She as well has no direction. She is the easiest in the world to defense. She goes to the corner , and just stays there waving her arms.

E. Finally and the real reason I wrote this thread, is that Holly needs o sit down and talk with coach Barnes. You may say " well he hasn't won either". Coach Barnes inherited the smallest team in men's college basketball and has them playing like they are all seven footers. They are fast and enjoyable to watch. I agree they have faults as well , but the man has taught them to play and they remain close in all games because ability + direction = achievement.

Holly needs to have her team practice with the men's team......... they will learn more than they do from the coaches.

When you are in a tailspin, you try anything. Doubt they would try that. It makes too much sense.

Reactions: 1 person

Thanks for the laugh.

Reactions: 7 people

If that's what you see, you don't know what you are seeing.

Reactions: 4 people
I like Coach Barnes, but I don't see how his sharing how to blow double-digit leads in the second half is going to help...:dunno:...:hmm:

GO LADY VOLS AND HOLLY!

Reactions: 2 people
Look the woman is not the answer Pat hand picked her for the job time to move on, are we will be like the mens basketball program in a year or 2.

I like Coach Barnes, but I don't see how his sharing how to blow double-digit leads in the second half is going to help...:dunno:...:hmm:

GO LADY VOLS AND HOLLY!

Keep on being a Holly supporter. It won't be long before you will be able to have the best seat in TBA because most will be empty. You being a member since 2009 I can't see how you want to settle for a coach that is quickly taking our program to the bottom of the SEC.
Remember the streaks we used to enjoy, well none of them was a must win game to keep us in the TOP 25 with 7 McDonald's All Americans. You seem to think it is the girls, well every other team in the top 25 gets more from their players than our staff, it should not be hard to figure out our problem

Reactions: 2 people
KNS probably has an opening. Might wanna give em' a shout. This post has the same flavor.

Keep on being a Holly supporter. It won't be long before you will be able to have the best seat in TBA because most will be empty. You being a member since 2009 I can't see how you want to settle for a coach that is quickly taking our program to the bottom of the SEC.
Remember the streaks we used to enjoy, well none of them was a must win game to keep us in the TOP 25 with 7 McDonald's All Americans. You seem to think it is the girls, well every other team in the top 25 gets more from their players than our staff, it should not be hard to figure out our problem

Great perspective in response to the first comment. I don't believe that any vols fan is saying we should not support the players. Quite the opposite. We feel that this coaching staff is doing this incredible talented ladies a lot of injustice by putting them in this ridiculous position. This team might not win 20 games this season first time ever, they might be seeded at 5 or 6 seed first time ever, 4 or 5 seed in the SEC tournament that also could be first time ever.. Hope you supporter get the message. Bad coaching period.

I think Holly may have consulted somebody because our offense against the zone looks much better. I think were finally conquering the green eyed monster of this team the zone. I think tonight when Arkansas plays it were going to thrash it and score a lot of points.

blah,blah,blah

another uuuh new member complaining

When you are in a tailspin, you try anything. Doubt they would try that. It makes too much sense.
First of all what makes you think Barnes would agree? Secondly the men have chocked away quite a few games themselves and have a lot of turnovers. I think they kind of mirror each other, turnovers, missed layups!! Go figure

VN Store

Back