Streak's alive ... for now

Lady Vols ranked 23 in AP poll

This is their worst ranking since November 2014, wasn't Holly the HC back then? Old Holly Dooley just keeps on putting an end to all those Lady Vol records. As she said, she will be here until they, the Administration, tells her to go. By that time she will, more than likely, put to rest all of the Lady Vol streaks. It is for sure that no matter how much we try, we will never forget the passionate Holly Dooley.

Reactions: 3 people
Will drop out of coaches poll tomorrow.

Attachments

• TN.jpg
    TN.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 11
That three game stretch will decide if we fall out. If we win them all but SC we'll stay in of course I am saying we take care of Arkansas at home which may not happen.

That streak won't survive much longer.

Remaining games::

Arkansas- toss up
Texas A&M -loss
Vanderbilt-loss
South Carolina-loss
Ole miss- toss up
LSU- toss up
Alabama- toss up
Georgia- toss up

This is a team that is currently 3-5 on the road, cannot score against zone defense, turns the ball over 20 plus times a game. Against decent competition, no way they win. Therefore for the first time ever the lady vols will not be ranked come tournament time.

Which mean Dave Hart must do the right thing, clean house. At this rate we will not have a championship team for another 3-4 years. Heck no single committ for next year. How in the world did this team get to this point.

Duke fell out of the AP poll a week ago for the first time since 1999 (312 weeks).

It happened to them; it can happen to us. Arkansas is a must-win.

Reactions: 1 person
There are 6 SEC teams ranked ahead of the Lady Vols. Has that ever happened?

Have been an active fan since very early 80's and can't ever recall that.

As pointed out before, we are very fortunate that all of the teams we play twice just happen to unranked teams. And some of those games (Vandy) are at venues that have always given us trouble (and we had to squeak out a win against them at home).

Of course, FL, Mizzou, and others could fade & fall out of the poll or have a bad tournament. If we don't move ahead of them, would the name & SOS be enough to warrant an NCAA invite? How many SEC teams will get in?

Still a chance for the Lady Vols to make it all the way to second place in the league. The next four games should decide everything we need to go 3 ans 1 and then finish 4 and 0. That would be 20 wins and 9 losses going into the SEC Tourney.
Road game as Texas A&M and Vandy are huge need both of them. SC at home will take a major effort.

I'm going to make a "bold" (although many may think I'm a fool) statement and say we win out the rest of the regular season, "If" (and that's a big if). Holly does these 3 things;

1. Starts Te'a Cooper at the PG position the rest of the way!

2. Bring Both Graves and DeShields off the Bench (Start Nia Moore or Nared at the 4). More is the only post player I have seen who consistently catches Te'a's passes and I think starting her will only increase her play! She is one of those players that if she blocks a shot early she is ready to go. We saw glimpse of it last year when she started in the beginning of the year (yes it was to cupcakes but 20 points and 15 rebounds isn't an easy task)

3. Let Diamond play (don't micromanage her or tell her where to go with the ball let her game go with the flow of the game)

I believe SC is going to Upset Uconn (Tuck has been sitting too long to have to defend Wilson as her first game back from sitting out) which will put SC on a Cloud as the new number 1 seed and the will come into TBA and be shown why we still are the "Lady Vols" I know I am drinking somebodies Kool-Aid but the end of the Alabama game and the way the players were excited may have done it!

I'm going to make a "bold" (although many may think I'm a fool) statement and say we win out the rest of the regular season, "If" (and that's a big if). Holly does these 3 things;

1. Starts Te'a Cooper at the PG position the rest of the way!

2. Bring Both Graves and DeShields off the Bench (Start Nia Moore or Nared at the 4). More is the only post player I have seen who consistently catches Te'a's passes and I think starting her will only increase her play! She is one of those players that if she blocks a shot early she is ready to go. We saw glimpse of it last year when she started in the beginning of the year (yes it was to cupcakes but 20 points and 15 rebounds isn't an easy task)

3. Let Diamond play (don't micromanage her or tell her where to go with the ball let her game go with the flow of the game)

I believe SC is going to Upset Uconn (Tuck has been sitting too long to have to defend Wilson as her first game back from sitting out) which will put SC on a Cloud as the new number 1 seed and the will come into TBA and be shown why we still are the "Lady Vols" I know I am drinking somebodies Kool-Aid but the end of the Alabama game and the way the players were excited may have done it!

I think its something stronger than Kool-Aid that you are drinking :)

I don't know what is more delusional - we are going to win out or SC is going to beat UCon. We aren't going to win out and SC has little chance of beating them. I may be a SEC homer but I'm not out of my mind (not yet, give me a couple more games of watching Holly coach).

IF anybody think that Sc will be Uconn. you smoking crack. They dont put up enough points and tuck will be ready to go trust me and they wont put tuck on aja it will be Stewart and butler will see a lot of minutes

VN Store

Back