Assistant Coach?

CincyLadyVol

Any chance the program gets one or two new assistant coaches in the off-season? Perhaps one that is efficient in offensive schemes or one that has a good reputation in recruiting?

Any chance the program gets one or two new assistant coaches in the off-season? Perhaps one that is efficient in offensive schemes or one that has a good reputation in recruiting?

Any chance the program gets a New Head Coach in the off season? Perhaps one that is efficient in offensive schemes or one that has a good reputation in recruiting?? :hi:

Reactions: 11 people
Any chance the program gets a New Head Coach in the off season? Perhaps one that is efficient in offensive schemes or one that has a good reputation in recruiting?? :hi:

Like assistants are the problem? Cut the head off this ugly monster.

Reactions: 3 people

Well said. It starts with the head coach. Assistant are not efficient because the head coach is not able to recognize who is efficient. Accountability and efficiency starts at the top. Clean house.

Reactions: 2 people
Like assistants are the problem? Cut the head off this ugly monster.

As I agree, don't know about the language. However when you have your two best players always committing the most turnovers in games, it is beyond inefficient assistant coaches. This is a staff that is incapable of holding anyone accountable starting with themselves. Therefore head coach has to go first and all the assistant. How can you have player turning the ball over so many times and yet have them on the floor. That is unacceptable by any standard.

Reactions: 1 person
What assistant would come her and risk getting canned with Holly? If she doesn't go this year, it will be the next season after that. If I were a coach looking for an assistant position, UT would be the last place I would look. If she can't coach All American players, why would you think she could teach an aspiring basketball coach either?

Reactions: 4 people
If the team gets to the FF, Holly would prove her methods (whatever they are) work and that she deserves to stay. Anything less tbh she deserves to be fired. We don't only need new assistants, we need a head coach who can get the most out of the players.

If the team gets to the FF, Holly would prove her methods (whatever they are) work and that she deserves to stay. Anything less tbh she deserves to be fired. We don't only need new assistants, we need a head coach who can get the most out of the players.

I think FF is Gate 3 Upper Deck behind the Band.
That is the ONLY FF Holly is gonna see.... :hi:

Since the Assistant coaches work more with the players than the Head Coach. Right now I see that Law needs to get Diamond on the right track. She seems to have done some work with Cooper and Reynolds and motivated them to get in the gym and get better.

Russell looked a little more aggressive yesterday so maybe Dean is trying to get her to where she should be. She isn't ever going to be Parker but I think she could give us a lot better defense and continue to put up a double double every night.

I think were going to win several of these games to end the season. I still suspect we'll be 18 and 11 going into the tourney. I think we could win a couple there or be eliminated in the first game depends on where we go from here.

As far as the final four not going to happen this year and don't see it ever happening with Holly and this staff. They are not recruiting like when Summit was in charge and as a result the things Summit used to do to win defense and rebounding are going south. You need big girls to win with defense and rebounding and other than Russell who right now hasn't reached her potential we don't have any.

Summit always had four or five 6'4" girls who could bang the boards get a lot of put backs and seal off the rim on defense with the other team not getting any layups. We never lost the rebound battle or the points in the paint. We always got up 10 to 15 shots more than the other team. None of this happens now and with no one coming in the team gets weaker in the post next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
As I agree, don't know about the language. However when you have your two best players always committing the most turnovers in games, it is beyond inefficient assistant coaches. This is a staff that is incapable of holding anyone accountable starting with themselves. Therefore head coach has to go first and all the assistant. How can you have player turning the ball over so many times and yet have them on the floor. That is unacceptable by any standard.

THE TRUTH! Well said!

VN Store

Back