Fire Holly and rebuild to national prominence

BuffDaddy

This season is a total disaster and next year isn't looking much better, just look at the incoming recruiting class....pathetic. Holly is nothing more than a sympathy hire and is being exposed every game as not being able to live up to the Tennessee tradition of being a national powerhouse on the court. When you think of national powerhouses today, you definitely don't include Tennessee in that discussion. People can say this or that about the players but bottom line, it all starts with Holly and coaching. It's time to fire her and save the sinking ship that is Lady Vol basketball because let's face it, right now we are all aboard the Titanic and the band is playing as we are going down!

Reactions: 7 people
This season is a total disaster and next year isn't looking much better, just look at the incoming recruiting class....pathetic. Holly is nothing more than a sympathy hire and is being exposed every game as not being able to live up to the Tennessee tradition of being a national powerhouse on the court. When you think of national powerhouses today, you definitely don't include Tennessee in that discussion. People can say this or that about the players but bottom line, it all starts with Holly and coaching. It's time to fire her and save the sinking ship that is Lady Vol basketball because let's face it, right now we are all aboard the Titanic and the band is playing as we are going down!

Amen to that. Need all realistic lady vols fans to get on board and demand a change. Can we start a petition on this?

Reactions: 4 people
The tradition of the UT women's basketball program has taken a serious hit with Holly at the helm. I don't see the Vol girls rising to prominence again as long as she's in charge. Perhaps Dave Hart will one day come to his senses and realize that Holly's taking the program nowhere. When he does, my fear is that he'll replace her with a women's coach who once had a lofty reputation but who's now in the decline of her career and has just been shown the door by her current employer.

Reactions: 1 person

Someone pass me a hymnal. I am a little fuzzy on the lyrics to "Nearer My God To Thee."

Amen to that. Need all realistic lady vols fans to get on board and demand a change. Can we start a petition on this?

Doubt that is going to be needed, unless Holly turns it around quick. But as I recall, the last petition just made fans look like idiots. So, if you want to look stupid, have at it. Not like anyone can stop you. Just put your real names and addresses on it this time.

While you are 100% correct you must look at the bottom line! Hart knows this, rational fans know this, and even the players and recruits know this but one problem. Can UT afford to can her? What it is down to is the MONEY!!

What is crazy about sports contracts in general is the fact that today coaches and even professional players get REWARDED for incompetence! Sports is now just like the federal government and we as fans keep supporting it! We, the fans, deserve a lot of the blame here!
:cray:

Last edited:
The tradition of the UT women's basketball program has taken a serious hit with Holly at the helm. I don't see the Vol girls rising to prominence again as long as she's in charge. Perhaps Dave Hart will one day come to his senses and realize that Holly's taking the program nowhere. When he does, my fear is that he'll replace her with a women's coach who once had a lofty reputation but who's now in the decline of her career and has just been shown the door by her current employer.
Trust me...if Barnes had the talent Warlick has...he would be in great shape!

Reactions: 2 people
"gloom, despair and agony"

What it's like to be a UT fan in 2016.

Last edited:

I would say Hart has seen all the writing on the wall that he needs. Whether the internal power structure of the UTAD / Boosters allows such a change is another story.

I just don't know what that is. But, UTLVBB won 8 NCs with the greatest coach of all time before DH stepped foot on campus. I'm sure, plenty of power players (manipulators? / seditious staff?) exist who would "put him in his place" were he to prematurely (in there opinion) make a change.

I have doubts that the UTAD is actually ran properly as a whole. He11, we had a throng of people protesting a name change. We had lawsuits(iirc?), firings, and division over merging the ADs into a 20th century organization. I'm near certain, not a soul in that UTWAD, raised the 1st question about the "appointed successor" to CPS.

Other than the 7 figure salary, this UTLV coaching collapse is not a situation that I would want to be in Dave Hart's shoes on. Don't believe it's a cut and dried decision that he'll make.

JMO

Trust me...if Barnes had the talent Warlick has...he would be in great shape!

To extrapolate that level of talent over the men's team makes you realize what an unbelievable roster situation we have. Would love to see just 1 season with players of that caliber. Heck, I would bring back Wade Houston to coach a group like that!

Signing day is Wednesday, spring football and the Orange and White game Apr 16. Can't believe it is not football season next.

Well obviously we beat Alabama today, but I believe a change should be made. You cannot say the ship has been righted now.

PS. I did see an improving Tea Cooper. This gal is going to be a player for someone (I hope not for HW). Want HW gone asap.

Reactions: 2 people
Writing is on the wall. How long it takes and the pain that must be endured before we absolutely can't take it anymore is another thing.

He ain't hiring another Rick Barnes

images
Z
9k=
9k=

Last edited:
Of all sports, UT doesn't have to settle for a LVBB coach. UT should be able to have it's choice of the some of the very best coaches in the business.

Of all sports, UT doesn't have to settle for a LVBB coach. UT should be able to have it's choice of the some of the very best coaches in the business.

I doubt they would have their choice. Everyone has heard about us having a "FIRE THAT COACH" fan base. It's not just toward Holly either.

VN Store

Back