Why the concern

meekfan

Lately there have been many comments asking whether we are going to make the tournament or not. Why the concern? After the latest exhibition of our (lack of) talent last night, exactly what do you think we would do if we made it in? Lose to Ball State in the 1st round?

Reactions: 4 people
Could not agree more. it's hard to watch this team play. The lack of energy from the coaching staff is the most concern. In game adjustments is far and in between. Change is need fast

Reactions: 2 people
IIRC, UT has never missed a tourney. It's one of the few streaks the LV have left. This team has been breaking most of the rest, so it would be nice to preserve one in Pat's honor.

Reactions: 1 person
Agree...it would only serve to more embarrass the program with a national focus.There is another month in which this program could be renovated but I have little hope in that direction with the existing coaching staff

Tournament.................are you kidding me. Perhaps ping pong. Surely not ladies basketball you are referring to.

Lately there have been many comments asking whether we are going to make the tournament or not. Why the concern? After the latest exhibition of our (lack of) talent last night, exactly what do you think we would do if we made it in? Lose to Ball State in the 1st round?

We wouldn't be playing Ball St. We will be the Ball St.

bull crap, make the Tournament and see what happens then,that is my goal every year for the Lady Vols,make it and then worry about it from there,it is all just practice :) then there are the Tournaments,there is still a lot of basketball to be played before the NCAA Tournament even starts

I don't really worry to much about the regular season,like I said make it first and then worry about it :)

Reactions: 3 people
The NIT maybe. This team is a long shot at making the NCAA tourney. The way they are playing lately, they better just be aiming to stay above .500. Hart has a decision to make at the end of the season. Nobody in their right mind can watch this team play and not realize there is a huge problem at the top. Lady Vols post Pat Summitt = UCLA men's team post John Wooden

Last edited:
The NIT maybe. This team is a long shot at making the NCAA tourney. The way they are playing lately, they better just be aiming to stay above .500. Hart has a decision to make at the end of the season. Nobody in their right mind can watch this team play and not realize there is a huge problem at the top. Lady Vols post Pat Summitt = UCLA men's team post John Wooden

not quite the same as ucla. after wooden they did go to final 4 the next year I believe. they had good records but no national champs. they went through 5 coaches in 12 years, most had good records but they were not wooden's record. of course we later found out wooden's teams were paid by boosters. they won a national championship in the 90's I think and did make a few final fours.
what we must do when chw is gone is make sure we don't make a mistake with the hire. see Texas woman's basketball, la. tech basketball, etc. if not we will continue to drift in the wilderness and go through a host of coaches. we cannot survive a failed hire.

not quite the same as ucla. after wooden they did go to final 4 the next year I believe. they had good records but no national champs. they went through 5 coaches in 12 years, most had good records but they were not wooden's record. of course we later found out wooden's teams were paid by boosters. they won a national championship in the 90's I think and did make a few final fours.
what we must do when chw is gone is make sure we don't make a mistake with the hire. see Texas woman's basketball, la. tech basketball, etc. if not we will continue to drift in the wilderness and go through a host of coaches. we cannot survive a failed hire.

Correct, Gene Bartow never lost more than 5 games at UCLA and they fired him which was a huge mistake.

IIRC, UT has never missed a tourney. It's one of the few streaks the LV have left. This team has been breaking most of the rest, so it would be nice to preserve one in Pat's honor.

That's the thing that hurts. Under Holly our beloved Lady Vols have hit so many Lows it is ridiculous. The latest Low was losing that streak against MSU. I'm afraid the next Low will be missing the tournament, which is what they are trending to.

Holly has lost a lot of supporters this year and if she does not turn things around ticket sales will really hurt next year.

VN Store

Back