Will Mississippi State's historic win knock Tennessee out of Top 25?

Not as embarrassing for this school as Dooley losing to Kentucky. However this is legendary embarrassing for this school. Holly should resign. But yes bye bye 25.

Reactions: 2 people
Deshields is the fly in the ointment. LVs up by twelve in the 3rd qtr with her on the bench and Carter, Reynolds, Cooper, and our bigs are on the floor. D.D. enters the lineup at the start of the 4th and we get out scored 22-8 in the final 14 min{OT). :question: :dunno: Is D.D. a star or a role player ? :dunno:

Reactions: 5 people
That is Probably the Vandy but kicking game that Dooley received to seal his fate. They may have not fired Holly yet, but it is coming.

Reactions: 1 person
Sad state for the Lady Vols. maybe Geno would come if offered the keys to a major bank? End his career by rebuilding the once proud program that Pat built from nothing? I'm halfway serious.

AP has us at 19 but that was before the Kentucky loss. Coaches dropped us to 23 taking the Kentucky loss into consideration.

ASSUMING we beat Alabama by a pretty wide margin, I could see us 23-24 in the AP and probably 25 in the coaches poll. In a vacuum, you can't drop a team that much for losing very close games to 2 teams in the top 15.

Having said that, with 8 losses, we have no business being in the top 25 anyway.

Reactions: 3 people
Deshields is the fly in the ointment. LVs up by twelve in the 3rd qtr with her on the bench and Carter, Reynolds, Cooper, and our bigs are on the floor. D.D. enters the lineup at the start of the 4th and we get out scored 22-8 in the final 14 min{OT). :question: :dunno: Is D.D. a star or a role player ? :dunno:
Just my opinion here but... I see DD as a major talent. She's a star if you only consider her basketball gifts.

But... I'm starting to think that maybe the chemistry issues are at least a partial result of her "me first" attitude and lack of team play is affecting everyone, and that's as big a problem as the coaching deficiencies.

I think Holly needs to bench her (if she does indeed have an attitude) and let the chips fall where they may. We were better with her off the floor last night...

Just my opinion here but... I see DD as a major talent. She's a star if you only consider her basketball gifts.

But... I'm starting to think that maybe the chemistry issues are at least a partial result of her "me first" attitude and lack of team play is affecting everyone, and that's as big a problem as the coaching deficiencies.

I think Holly needs to bench her (if she does indeed have an attitude) and let the chips fall where they may. We were better with her off the floor last night...

If she scored her usual 15 pts last night, a loss wouldn't be in discussion.

I've been seeing a lot that Tennessee is a better team without her. That's crazy! Without her, this is not a tournament team. Imagine playing SC without her. It would be over after the first 3 minutes.

If she decided to hang up her LV jersey, just think how horrible this team would be next year. Maybe not even NIT worthy.

Holly needs to find a way to coach her.

I've been seeing a lot that Tennessee is a better team without her. That's crazy! Without her, this is not a tournament team. Imagine playing SC without her. It would be over after the first 3 minutes.

If she decided to hang up her LV jersey, just think how horrible this team would be next year. Maybe not even NIT worthy.

Holly can't coach, so we need to find a coach that can teach these players to play and take this program back to the national prominence we once were

Reactions: 5 people

I agree with you. I remember watching DD at UNC and being impressed by her level of talent. However, I do recall rumblings at UNC about the concern over team chemistry, specifically involving her relationships with her teammates. In watching numerous UNC games, I took notice of how DD and her teammates interacted (or in some cases didn't interact). I wasn't terribly surprised when it was announced that DD was transferring and considering USC among others, and I admit I was intrigued by the idea of her playing for Dawn. My biggest concern, however, was how she would blend in with the current team chemistry. Dawn preaches the idea of team, and each player has to know and be successful at their individual roles for the entire team to be successful. I was concerned that if DD were to become a part of the team that it could have an adverse impact on that philosophy in practice. I admit I cringed when DD ultimately chose to go to UT because I did not want us to face that talent with a possible SEC title on the line. Having been a Pat Summitt fan growing up, I still pull for UT when they aren't playing the Cocks, of course. Here's hoping the Lady Vols can turn things around and finish 2nd in the SEC. :)

I agree with you. I remember watching DD at UNC and being impressed by her level of talent. However, I do recall rumblings at UNC about the concern over team chemistry, specifically involving her relationships with her teammates. In watching numerous UNC games, I took notice of how DD and her teammates interacted (or in some cases didn't interact). I wasn't terribly surprised when it was announced that DD was transferring and considering USC among others, and I admit I was intrigued by the idea of her playing for Dawn. My biggest concern, however, was how she would blend in with the current team chemistry. Dawn preaches the idea of team, and each player has to know and be successful at their individual roles for the entire team to be successful. I was concerned that if DD were to become a part of the team that it could have an adverse impact on that philosophy in practice. I admit I cringed when DD ultimately chose to go to UT because I did not want us to face that talent with a possible SEC title on the line. Having been a Pat Summitt fan growing up, I still pull for UT when they aren't playing the Cocks, of course. Here's hoping the Lady Vols can turn things around and finish 2nd in the SEC. :)

We're headed right to the cellar at the speed of light.

DD played lights out at NC , not so in Knoxville. :question:

Yes, but if she scored her usual 15 points that would have necessitated her taking 15 shots (her season average is 1 point per shot) which means taking away 11 shots from other players - so you would have to be really careful who you took them away from! If for example you took 6 from Carter and 4 from Middleton instead of increasing TN's offensive output, you would decrease it by 4 points and they wouldn't make it to overtime, let alone win.

Yes, but if she scored her usual 15 points that would have necessitated her taking 15 shots (her season average is 1 point per shot) which means taking away 11 shots from other players - so you would have to be really careful who you took them away from! If for example you took 6 from Carter and 4 from Middleton instead of increasing TN's offensive output, you would decrease it by 4 points and they wouldn't make it to overtime, let alone win.

Her points per shot is higher than Carter. She shot well last night, but let's not pretend she is an efficient scorer.

You could easily take away all the shots Jordan or Te'a missed in the 4th Q.

Let me see who is responsible for these unexplained and dumb founded substitutions, hum, would that be Holly Dooley?:crazy:

Imagine playing SC without her. It would be over after the first 3 minutes.

What a shame, the once proud LV used to do that to most teams.
The right "coach" needs to be brought in to return the program back to national prominence.

from the looks of it they may drop out of the Top 25,of course there strength of schedule should figure in and they may stay in them

diamond deshields at north carolina youtube - Bing video

VN Store

Back