TN Legislature to take up the case of Holly Warlick?

therealitytheory

So the "Bring Back the Lady Vols" case is tied up in committee while our legislators figure out who will pick up the tab when the Nike/PowerT deal is restructured. It seems like a good time for those backing the bill to add an amendment guaranteeing that Coach Warwick be protected along with the Lady Vol logo.

I'd be happy to help Rep. Kane with the verbage: "Be it advised that in addition to the measure reinstituting the Lady Vols name to all the girl sports at UT, that Knoxville native Holly Warwick, herself the embodiment of everything that is good and right with Lady Vol-dom, be exempt from any negative action taken by her pinhead employers at the university, or until at which time Coach Warwick hands the reigns over to another worthy Knoxville native successor whose name is emblazoned on the arena floor."

Maybe that'll get the ball rolling, otherwise our lawmakers may keep delaying a floor vote on what is clearly the most important issue of our time.

Last edited:
So the "Bring Back the Lady Vols" case is tied up in committee while our legislators figure out who will pick up the tab when the Nike/PowerT deal is restructured. It seems like a good time for those backing the bill to add an amendment guaranteeing that Coach Warwick be protected along with the Lady Vol logo.

I'd be happy to help Rep. Kane with the verbage: "Be it advised that in addition to the measure reinstituting the Lady Vols name to all the girl sports at UT, that Knoxville native Holly Warwick, herself the embodiment of everything that is good and right with Lady Vol-dom, be exempt from any negative action taken by her pinhead employers at the university, or until at which time Coach Warwick hands the reigns over to another worthy Knoxville native successor whose name is emblazoned on the arena floor."

Maybe that'll get the ball rolling, otherwise our lawmakers may keep delaying a floor vote on what is clearly the most important issue of our time.

The basketball team still is the Lady Vols. The bill is to address the other Lady Vol teams.

So the "Bring Back the Lady Vols" case is tied up in committee while our legislators figure out who will pick up the tab when the Nike/PowerT deal is restructured.

People say this but why would the deal with Nike be revisited at all? Nike could not care less whether we have an additional logo or not. In fact, we still have that same logo for the basketball team. It costs them nothing either way.

I know you are being facetious and trolling a little, but I have seen this argument enough to wonder why people think that way.

Reactions: 1 person
People say this but why would the deal with Nike be revisited at all? Nike could not care less whether we have an additional logo or not. In fact, we still have that same logo for the basketball team. It costs them nothing either way.

I know you are being facetious and trolling a little, but I have seen this argument enough to wonder why people think that way.

It's called a red herring. Like the whole decision was Nike's.

So you basically want the legislature to give Holly a guaranteed job until such time she decides to step down even thought she is taking this proud program into the gutter at an alarming pace. I want some of what your smokin/drinkin.

Reactions: 2 people
So you basically want the legislature to give Holly a guaranteed job until such time she decides to step down even thought she is taking this proud program into the gutter at an alarming pace. I want some of what your smokin/drinkin.

Does all sarcasm have to be blue-fonted around here, no matter how dripping it is? jeez

Holly, is that you? Reminds me of the Fulmer fiasco. Please don't wait so long to fire Holly as they did for Fulmer.

Yes I hope our legislators have figured out all the other problems before considering this for one minute

The basketball team still is the Lady Vols. The bill is to address the other Lady Vol teams.

Captain Obvious joins in.

The bill currently stalled in committee deigns to reinstate the Lady Vol brand to ALL sports. Of course that doesn't apply to the one sport that still sports the brand. My bit about a Holly attachment was a light jab at government over-reach, as well as the blue-wearing Lady Vol cabal who inspired the bill.

There is bittersweet irony in the fact that the same core supporters of #BringBackLadyVols also backed Pat's choice of Holly as caretaker of the program.

Holly, is that you? Reminds me of the Fulmer fiasco. Please don't wait so long to fire Holly as they did for Fulmer.

No Chuck, I'm as far from being Holly as you can get. Unlike you, I didn't want her hired to begin with.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back