I feel guilty

OrngeJuiceJones

As this team marches to new lows as a program, I find myself almost cheering for whoever we play. It's exactly how I felt watching Dooley and his final year or 2. I'm a Vol fan thru and thru, and spent thousands attending and traveling. But I am done. I refuse to watch us make the same mistakes over and over, and the same ones that have plagued us for 3 years now keep happening. I'm sick of lack of adjustments, bad fundamental basketball, and most of all.. hearing Holly after every loss feed us loyal Vol fans a load of sh1t. We deserve better, so do these kids, and so does Pat. These mistakes and let downs aren't a trend, because afterall trends change, upward and downward. We are in a free fall downward,not just on the court but also in recruiting. This is now the new normal for UT. At this rate, we'll be like LA Tech. So Do I feel guilty cheering for the other teams hoping maybe as we hit new lows as a program that it will force a change, just like it did with Dooley.. actually no I don't.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I've been calling Holly Warlick, Holly Dooley, in some of my recent posts. Of course we all know Dooley lost to KY after TN had won 26 straight against them. This Lady Vol loss tonight against Miss ST has to be equal to or greater than the KY loss by the football team. As you know the Lady Vols had NEVER lost to Miss St...36 straight. Think about it. I support every lady on the basketball team, but I will never ever support Holly Dooley. Some would call me a NEGA VOL, say whatever you want. But I saw the downward trend with the Lady Vols last year and the year before that. I'm not saying I'm a genius about basketball coaching, but how it was not obvious to others that this program was in a decline then, and still going down hill, is beyond me. I hope Dave Hart can see that Holly Dooley will never get the job done here. She should step down IMMEDIATELY if not sooner! Dave Hart positively should replace her at the end of the year no matter how many wins they finish with. I predict 16-13 final record.

Reactions: 3 people
I've been calling Holly Warlick, Holly Dooley, in some of my recent posts. Of course we all know Dooley lost to KY after TN had won 26 straight against them. This Lady Vol loss tonight against Miss ST has to be equal to or greater than the KY loss by the football team. As you know the Lady Vols had NEVER lost to Miss St...36 straight. Think about it. I support every lady on the basketball team, but I will never ever support Holly Dooley. Some would call me a NEGA VOL, say whatever you want. But I saw the downward trend with the Lady Vols last year and the year before that. I'm not saying I'm a genius about basketball coaching, but how it was not obvious to others that this program was in a decline then, and still going down hill, is beyond me. I hope Dave Hart can see that Holly Dooley will never get the job done here. She should step down IMMEDIATELY if not sooner! Dave Hart positively should replace her at the end of the year no matter how many wins they finish with. I predict 16-13 final record.

I agree. This is NOT LADY Vol basketball.

As this team marches to new lows as a program, I find myself almost cheering for whoever we play. It's exactly how I felt watching Dooley and his final year or 2. I'm a Vol fan thru and thru, and spent thousands attending and traveling. But I am done. I refuse to watch us make the same mistakes over and over, and the same ones that have plagued us for 3 years now keep happening. I'm sick of lack of adjustments, bad fundamental basketball, and most of all.. hearing Holly after every loss feed us loyal Vol fans a load of sh1t. We deserve better, so do these kids, and so does Pat. These mistakes and let downs aren't a trend, because afterall trends change, upward and downward. We are in a free fall downward,not just on the court but also in recruiting. This is now the new normal for UT. At this rate, we'll be like LA Tech. So Do I feel guilty cheering for the other teams hoping maybe as we hit new lows as a program that it will force a change, just like it did with Dooley.. actually no I don't.
This is what so called band wagon fans do . Not needed root for whom you please.

It's not just the poor performance on the court that has me so worried. It's the combo of poor performance and lack of success in recruiting.

Reactions: 5 people
My two cents is maybe too much energy was expended about the stupid name change issue and not enough on coaching and recruiting. I hate to say it but reminds me a little of Missouri's boycott, how did that turn out? I know you will say apples to oranges, stupid argument fiji, but is it really? Or was it another distraction to a bad coach, and no recruiting.

It's not just the poor performance on the court that has me so worried. It's the combo of poor performance and lack of success in recruiting.

Yes, the bad play and recurring mistakes are bad enough, but the future of this program from that standpoint looks even worse. You're exactly right.

I feel sorry for these athletes to have to go through this...the Coaching Staff on the other hand can take a hike!
hike1.jpg

Doing the same things over and over and getting the same ridiculous results is asinine. Doesn't make anyone less of a fan if they decide not to subject themselves to it. I'm not a Lady Vol pom-pom shaker but I support them and have for as long as I can remember. But the program is currently at a crossroad. Holly's not the answer and she's proven she can't handle the job. Time to move on.

I will NEVER pull for anyone when it comes to them playing against our school!

NEVER!!!!!

I understand the coaching sucks and all, but pulling for anything or anyone playing against our school is total blasphemy!

NEVER!!!!!!

Holly should have never been hired in the first place. Imagine what this could do to our recruiting. Adversity has been suspect for years. During Pat's last years they struggled against any decent opponent. Makes me wonder how long Holly has been calling most of the shots.

Holly should have never been hired in the first place. Imagine what this could do to our recruiting. Adversity has been suspect for years. During Pat's last years they struggled against any decent opponent. Makes me wonder how long Holly has been calling most of the shots.

True, a lot of what you see now of Holly was evident the year she was acting HC with Pat on the bench.

Still, as CPHS's handpicked successor, her hire was a fait accompli. Her departure is going to be anything but..unfortunately.

These girls are giving it everything they've got, and that is really all one can ask of them. I'll be pulling for them to win every game, but they'll have a better chance if they get a new coach or if the current coach finally figures it out. Eliminating the momentum-stopping substitutions would be a good start, IMO. When there are five on the court clicking on all cylinders, please, just let them keep playing for a while. Don't do the other coach's job and break up a match-up that is working to our advantage. Force the other coach to do that, then counter if need be.

I will still root for the team to win but I will not support Holly as the coach. Lady Vol Basketball was the one constant at UT and she has run the program in the ground.

Your assessment is spot on but with one revision.

A.) recruiting - not a single coach knows how to recruit, including Pat. They never had to, The top talent was breaking down the door to be apart of the Lady Vol Legacy

B.) defense - it was enough in the ladies game to just be a defensive juggernaut in the past... Not anymore. Fresh and new coaches are able to employ offense of scheme's into the ladies game unlike in the past.

C.) coaching tree/dementia - The entire staff on that bench is born and bred on defense defense defense...all Pat. We don't know how much her dementia laid into her last few years as a coach, but I believe the women's game evolved beyond Pat/Holly

Running this program into the ground will be an understatement. Don't believe she should be allowed to finish out the year. If they lose at Texam A&M, which is going to hapoen at this rate, she should be left at the airport and not fly back with the team. If you are a vol fan for many years this team and staff is hard to watch. All staff have to go and start over before is too late.

We have to be proud of your team and program. Can anyone reall say that Hollt deserves to be the coach of this team. The player don't even appear to be responding to her. Zero control and leadership.

It breaks my heart when the Lady Vols lose but I still watch their games and keep on hoping for the best. Has Holly been less than stellar as a coach to a bunch of underachiever? Have I been miserable watching the Lady Vols? Yes to both, but I refuse to cheer for their opponents. I am a Lady Vol no matter how bad the coaching becomes.

This is what so called band wagon fans do . Not needed root for whom you please.

BS :lolabove:
NO this is what band wagon fanz do..........stick there headz in the sand and ignore the obvious. Why bring your fandom into the discussion. I don't care how many games you been to or how big a fan you. The question of our fandom is not the issue, the program is going down the tubes and Holly needs to mercifully step down .... :hi:

I wouldn't call you a NEGA VOL,I would just say your not a fan at all :hi:

Running this program into the ground will be an understatement. Don't believe she should be allowed to finish out the year. If they lose at Texam A&M, which is going to hapoen at this rate, she should be left at the airport and not fly back with the team. If you are a vol fan for many years this team and staff is hard to watch. All staff have to go and start over before is too late.

I agree with you on the not finishing out the year part but I wouldn't want her left at the airport. That only needs to happen to people like Kiffin that was bound to have karma come back around and smack them in the face. It's not that Warlick is a bad person or anything like that but she's just not cut out for head coaching and beyond that has lost her team which ultimately will lead to her firing or resigning. It's just a matter of time. The only thing I'm surprised about is why has there not been a petition started? I mean we started one to get the men's coach fired, why not do it for her? I'm sure we could find 30,000 signatures.

you mean like getting a petition on a coach that had a very good year ? didn't they make the sweet 16 after that ?

all a petition usually does is make the fans look really dumb and give a bad name to the School

VN Store

Back