Wnit?

j'adorevol89

Looking at the remainder of the schedule they are not making the NCAA tourney unless they win the SEC tourney and that's a long shot in hell... So what is our WNIT seed like really

Looking at the remainder of the schedule they are not making the NCAA tourney unless they win the SEC tourney and that's a long shot in hell... So what is our WNIT seed like really

Looking at the schedule and knowing that Alabama played A and M really tight tonight..Actually should have won the game. Ole Miss beat Kentucky. I think Tennessee is in real danger of missing the tournament for the first time ever. Holly has had a lot of bad firsts with this team, but not making the NCAA tournament will trump them all. Holly needs to pull a Steve Spurrier and retire NOW. Let either Elzy or Lockwood finish out as interim head coach..

Reactions: 6 people
Looking at the schedule and knowing that Alabama played A and M really tight tonight..Actually should have won the game. Ole Miss beat Kentucky. I think Tennessee is in real danger of missing the tournament for the first time ever. Holly has had a lot of bad firsts with this team, but not making the NCAA tournament will trump them all. Holly needs to pull a Steve Spurrier and retire NOW. Let either Elzy or Lockwood finish out as interim head coach..

Agree with everything you said except handing it over to Elzy (no HC experience) or Lockwood (worst post coach in the country). Hate to do it, but hand it over to Jolette Law - at least she has HC experience (Indiana or Illinois, can't remember which).

Agree with everything you said except handing it over to Elzy (no HC experience) or Lockwood (worst post coach in the country). Hate to do it, but hand it over to Jolette Law - at least she has HC experience (Indiana or Illinois, can't remember which).

It was Illinois. I think she recruited Moore to play for her at Illinois

Tennessee needs a new coach and they need one now.... Holly has a loaded team and can't win... Holly is officially the worst coach in the world...

Reactions: 5 people

Don't be irrational. They're not playing to the level we expect, but they'll still easily make the NCAAT. Rpi is #12, SOS #1. Now will they lose first round once they get there? Probably.

They are at least No 6. Will nt have 20 wins without major upsets. If they haven't ruined Diamond, they could get on a roll. I am afraid she is walking dead this season

Don't be irrational. They're not playing to the level we expect, but they'll still easily make the NCAAT. Rpi is #12, SOS #1. Now will they lose first round once they get there? Probably.

What's the point of having a strong schedule if you lose every other game... just saying.. I'm pretty sure the committee if going to look at that..

Reactions: 2 people
Pat Summit always played the toughest schedule in the country. And, while it has gotten easier since Holly took over, it is still tough. I think if Holly keeps her job she will start making a cupcake out of conference schedule to pad the win column so it looks like she is making the team improve. But once SEC time rolls around, we will be stuck middle of the pack or worse.

Last edited:
Why would they accept a WNIT bid ? Losing there would be even more embarrassing than losing double digit games in the regular season in front of a national audience.

Reactions: 4 people
They are not going to miss the NCAAT. Unless they have a complete and utter meltdown, they will win enough of their remaining games to get in.

The last two losses sucked, but at least they were close...although it is amazing that in Kentucky's three game stretch vs. Ole Miss, Tennessee and Vandy, the only win they got was against the LVs.:no:

If this team doesn't make the tournament, Holly should immediately be fired. And not just removed from the job. Literally fired. Burned at the stake. That would be the greatest underachievement in the history of SEC athletics.

Originally posted by kamoshika:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...rors-beat-goes-post12306294.html#post12306294

Illinois averaged 65.2 points per game in 2006-07, the season before Law took over. Her teams then averaged 60.2 ppg over the next 5 seasons and shot about 40.5% from the field. After 3 disastrous seasons in her last 4 years there, Law was fired in March 2012. The 2012-13 team then averaged 68.9 ppg.

Average attendance dropped from just under 1,500 a game in 2008 to just over 1,000 a game in Law's last season.

NIT, really ? that would be hard for a Top 25 Team to accept,don't you think ?

Top 25 where? I love my Lady Vols to the core but I'm not about to save face when the last 2 games were pathetic... Preseason ranked 4 dropped to 8 to 13 to 19 do you see the descending trait??? even if they win against Bama the ranking will be lower come Monday.. You are aware that Tennessee is in the lower half of the SEC right now

Reactions: 2 people
Look, Holly is not going to pull a Kiffen or a Woody Hayes (although she might try the latter on some posters here if they can be identified and show up at courtside).

Might as well pull up our big girl & boy pants (hopefully, not talking about the same individuals), grit our teeth, and hope for the best. Although it would have unthinkable at the beginning of the season to even imagine not making the tournament without a major team blowup/scandal or key injuries to multiple starters, it's not so unthinkable right now.

In this crazy SEC season, they might go on a tear & rip through the remainder of the season (well, SC might be a stretch) even if they barely squeak by a few. And they are capable of putting up a decent showing in the SEC tournament with a high finish...even runner-up.

Whether that would be good for the long-term team prospects or whether a historically-low finish would force any significant changes is debatable. I don't see Holly resigning, and I don't see Hart firing her unless they posted a losing record and weren't invited to either tournament. And maybe not even then.

Hate to use a cliche here, but "it is what is is."

They are not going to miss the NCAAT. Unless they have a complete and utter meltdown, they will win enough of their remaining games to get in.

The last two losses sucked, but at least they were close...although it is amazing that in Kentucky's three game stretch vs. Ole Miss, Tennessee and Vandy, the only win they got was against the LVs.:no:

The meltdown has been happening for about a month. It will get worse as the schedule gets harder. Too much water has gone over the dam. The lake has been drained.

Originally posted by kamoshika:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...rors-beat-goes-post12306294.html#post12306294

Illinois averaged 65.2 points per game in 2006-07, the season before Law took over. Her teams then averaged 60.2 ppg over the next 5 seasons and shot about 40.5% from the field. After 3 disastrous seasons in her last 4 years there, Law was fired in March 2012. The 2012-13 team then averaged 68.9 ppg.

Average attendance dropped from just under 1,500 a game in 2008 to just over 1,000 a game in Law's last season.

Good fact finding.

Whatever the answer is to the LVs struggles, I am pretty confident that it is not Joletta Law.

That is the real concern. They are going to be a low seed and almost certainly the lowest in program history. So, they will have a quality first round opponent.

This team needs to get its act together quickly.

I think one of the water girls is available...:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

If we end up playing in the NIT
I like are chances of winning it all.

Just an outsider looking in. But of the last 8 games it appears to me that even THIS team has a good chance of going no worse than 6 - 2. I think ya'll be in.

I repeat, Holly should quit, however, she is in deep denial and will not quit but will need to be fired. Failure to recruit a single player for 2016 does not seem to be a problem to her. This Woman's head is hard as oak wood, she thinks she is doing fine and some way, some how things will automatically change. Holly needs a Psychiatrist to convince her that she is clueless and not head coaching material.

They will make the NCAAs even if as the sixth of six SEC teams. The NCAA committee knows six will get in and UT deserves that as much as any of the others. SC, Miss State, A&M get to host first rounds Then pick 'ems among UT, Mizzou Florida. Georgia and vandy on the outside The final four re winnable for the Vols. One win in the SEC tournament makes 20. ut they gotta beat the Arkansases for sure

VN Store

Back