3 Points in the 4th Quarter

pasadenavol

Enough Said! This entire staff needs to go and NOW! First loss in history to MSU - and the Lady Vols are now in 9th place in the SEC...9th!!! Let that soak in for a while.

Hart - either Holly goes or time to rally the Alumni and get you out! Save this program!!!!

Reactions: 14 people
Chw apparently had no problem w the 4th quarter. She is so sad and just concerned that her girls are "hurting "! If you're tired of em hurting freaking coach them better so we can win!!!!!! That's how you can help!!

Reactions: 1 person
We have a really weak-minded team, and our teams for the last several years have bee weak-minded. No mental toughness. One can say that because we cannot deal with pressure; every game this team plays, you know if is basically going to fall apart at some point in the game. You don't know when it's going to happen, but you know it's coming---and it's going to be of some duration, and it might (and now usually) cost us the game. The Vol collapse usually occurs in the 3rd quarter, but we played our best 3rd quarter of the year tonight--and then scored 3 points in the 4th! You can't make it up.

DeShields? I don't even know what to say about her? Was her ankle bothering her--or was it, is it, her head? Seems as if she's got some judgment problems. She comes in tonight and immediately tries a trick pass down in the low post to.....Cooper. Why? I was astounded she actually corralled the pass amid all the bigs around her. That was followed by DeShields taking two off-balance jumpers, both misses. If you are going to shoot the ball, then square up and go up strong. Notice how on a lot of her shots, she is sort of floating/leaning one way or the other--off-balance, and misses. She tries to make a lot of cute passes; Warlick has got to stop playing her. I don't know what her problem is, but she's got to stop making so many freakin' bad decisions. I thought tonight that maybe the ankle sprain talk was just a PR thing to mask her getting benched. Don't know--but the player we thought might be one of the best talents in the country has been a disaster. this team anymore. That little stretch was the only part of the game I saw; I can't watch this group anymore.

Reactions: 7 people
When they got the 11 or 12 pt lead in the 3rd quarter, it was because they pushed tempo - forced the defense out of half court defense. They passed the ball well and hit open jumpers. 4th quarter - insert Diamond Deshields, slow the tempo, turn the ball over and get schooled on rebounding.

Reactions: 4 people
When they got the 11 or 12 pt lead in the 3rd quarter, it was because they pushed tempo - forced the defense out of half court defense. They passed the ball well and hit open jumpers. 4th quarter - insert Diamond Deshields, slow the tempo, turn the ball over and get schooled on rebounding.

the tempo slowed down when the MSU coach decided to quit being bull headed and went to a 2-3 zone to stop the dribble penetration. When they did that just like the other teams that have handled us we had no offense to run. You would think that we could eventually learn at least 2 or 3 sets to run against a zone but I haven't seen one yet.

Reactions: 6 people
All of these comments are correct and made by those that have knowledge of the game. Ever notice that every fricking time the LV's get a lead CHW makes a change to the line-up that disrupts the entire flow of the game.

As sad as it is the players aren't shutting the game down, it is the coaching staff. Fans it has all changed and coaches that understands the game can take ( no star ) players and win.

Be ready as there will be those that post to this thread and say we are not true LV fans , but the fact is they don't understand the game and the obvious. Lets see I have to be careful of how I post this " how do you get soda through a straw"....yea that's the extent of the coaching staff

the tempo slowed down when the MSU coach decided to quit being bull headed and went to a 2-3 zone to stop the dribble penetration. When they did that just like the other teams that have handled us we had no offense to run. You would think that we could eventually learn at least 2 or 3 sets to run against a zone but I haven't seen one yet.

If I'm Alabama, the best thing they can do is press Tennessee the whole game and fall back into a 2-3 zone. Tennessee has the overwhelming talent advantage, but Bama has heart and the much better coach, and they almost took out A and M tonight..Should have actually, but got called for a silly foul at the end of the game..

I'm surprised we got that many...Ugly.... basketball...Ugly.
Yeah, come to Tennessee....That a be the day.

Fire holly fire elzy fire dean fire law fire the whole damn staff managers too..

Last edited:
If you're looking for laughter
While passing through K-town
Get tickets to a LV basketball game
See the famous Holly the clown

She will whistle and scratch
Hide her head like a roach
But don't waste your money
If you're expecting a coach

She will yell and wave
And jump up and down
She will embarrass the fans
Cause she's Holly the clown

Reactions: 10 people
If you're looking for laughter
While passing through K-town
Get tickets to a LV basketball game
See the famous Holly the clown

She will whistle and scratch
Hide her head like a roach
But don't waste your money
If you're expecting a coach

She will yell and wave
And jump up and down
She will embarrass the fans
Cause she's Holly the clown

Well that's a first. A poem about our piss poor coaching. Even Dooley didn't get that honor

Why did Mississippi State wait until the fourth quarter to play zone? Don't opposing coaches watch tape? The Vols cannot score against a zone.

Those girls are suppose to be some of the very best. Before this season began, I was sure it was going to be a championship run with only a few teams in our way..

I know Pat picked Holly, but some people are just better "coordinators" than head coaches-- We see it all the time in football.

That said, we played well when Deshields was sitting on the bench.. Sometimes players are good--but they are playing for their own stats and not for the team.

That said, we played well when Deshields was sitting on the bench.. Sometimes players are good--but they are playing for their own stats and not for the team.

I get that vibe every time I watch Diamond and Cooper on the court. I don't think either one has bought into the concept of "team."

The chemistry on this team is pathetic and that has to fall right back to the coaching. Instead of showing improvement throughout the year, this team has regressed. Hart shouldn't wait until season's end to make a move. Do it now!!!

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back