Time: 9:00 p.m. ET

the game will be televised on the

SEC Network

you can stream the game here

Watch #19 Tennessee vs. #13 Mississippi State Live Online at WatchESPN

you can listen here

University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live or

Cumulus | WNML-AF

the Lady Vols are ranked 19th in the AP Top 25 Poll and 23rd in the USA Today Coaches Poll

Mississippi State are ranked 13th in the AP Top 25 Poll and 12th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

it is plain and simple what the Lady Vols need to be focused on and that is stop all the dumb turnovers,this is a must and no long pointless periods,make a few shots when it is tough going

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 3 people
The great thing is Miss state can't put the ball in the basket as well, I believe we can win because the will play man to man.

I think there could be a full house for this game in Starkville tomorrow night and Graves and Russell need to have double doubles in order for the Lady Volunteers to win.

The great thing is Miss state can't put the ball in the basket as well, I believe we can win because the will play man to man.

Isn't that cheating? Shouldn't it be woman-to-woman? I don't like all this sexist talk. Let's call it like it is. Isn't this the PC generation? What difference does it make--just another L?

Reactions: 1 person
Not a chance to win here again in my opinion. Especially on the road. I will say Lady Bulldogs 66 Lady Vols 59. That would make us 12-8. That's unbelievable to me. When's the last time the Lady Vols had a 12-8 team at this point in the season?

Date: Thursday, Jan. 28, 2016
Time: 9:00 p.m. ET

the game will be televised on the

SEC Network

you can stream the game here

Watch #19 Tennessee vs. #13 Mississippi State Live Online at WatchESPN

you can listen here

University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live or

Cumulus | WNML-AF

the Lady Vols are ranked 19th in the AP Top 25 Poll and 23rd in the USA Today Coaches Poll

Mississippi State are ranked 13th in the AP Top 25 Poll and 12th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

it is plain and simple what the Lady Vols need to be focused on and that is stop all the dumb turnovers,this is a must and no long pointless periods,make a few shots when it is tough going

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

And stop all these crazy substitutions that simply has not worked. Please use one main line up, like most good teams, with a few breaks for the starters and foul trouble substitutions.

Reactions: 2 people
Just a friendly reminder that Mississippi State is still the only team in the SEC that has NEVER beaten the Lady Vols. I'm confident Holly is the one that will change that...

Thanks GM for the heads-up. Hope the LV's can play the whole game like they played the first half of the Kentucky game.

Another opportunity how many turnovers will we have in this one? They actually can force turnovers hopefully were ready.

Not a chance to win here again in my opinion. Especially on the road. I will say Lady Bulldogs 66 Lady Vols 59. That would make us 12-8. That's unbelievable to me. When's the last time the Lady Vols had a 12-8 team at this point in the season?

You need to learn how to add after the win tonight it will be 13 - 7. Go Lady Vols...:rock:

Since I live 2 hrs away, I have gone to all of State's home games. The big difference I see is that their coach has them believing that they can win every game. They don't dare go off the game plan because the players believe in him. Our girls just do their own thing like high school girls. I will be in my orange sitting in a sea of maroon tonight. I would love to see Vic come to Tennessee and restore the program. He makes what Holly make. Look at the crowd and enthusiasm tonight and see what he has done in 4 yrs. We might have a chance if #00 doesn't cause us to turn the ball over too much and if Vivians doesn't play well.

And stop all these crazy substitutions that simply has not worked. Please use one main line up, like most good teams, with a few breaks for the starters and foul trouble substitutions.

I can subscribe to this ^^^^.Why in the world Holly has 5 players on the floor at one time and none are scorers is beyond my comprehension.She should cut down playing time for number 0 to one minute per game and reduce the rotation to 8 players;and,run the offense thru Diamond Deshields every time down the court ....tell her to shoot the ball and not to pass unless it is wide open .....and all others to crash the boards .This is the worst offensive rebounding team of all time.And ,if Holly has any X's and O's experience at all play 4 out with one post down low.That is all for my lesson today....tune in tomorrow for another exhilarating exposition on basketball.

A couple of the ideas in this thread "cutting down the turnovers" and "running the offense through Deshields" are diametric opposites. How about telling DD to drive, stop, and pop, taking away her green light to shoot threes that she can't make anyway, and parking her butt on the bench for 5 minutes every time she throws the ball away.

Maybe it's better that they lose this game, plod through the rest of the pre-tournament season uneventfully, and get that #8 seed in the NCAA tournament with UConn or Baylor waiting for them. Perhaps that would be the kick in the pants that fires them up and gets them to play to the level everyone expected at the start of the season.

Even if they failed to make the FF, the thought of them getting it together for just one game and ruining Geno and Breanna's 4-Peat would more than make up for the regular season. In a situation like that, they would have nothing to lose and would likely play better than they would in losing to an Arizona State or Louisville in the second round.

VN Store

Back