How do you like me now?

Martic

All you haters out there how do you like Tea' now? You'll have to find someone else to rip apart now?

TN has played 19 games... she's had 2 good games. Here's hoping she continues steadily progressing, but let's not jump off the deep end in our logic, eh?

Reactions: 6 people
I don't think most of the fans here hate any of the players. If they are playing terrible it is alright to say they are playing bad because they are. Ripping a players bad play is not hating them it happens in every sport.
She has played some terrible games this season and it appears she has been working to get better. I wish I could say that about all the players on the team.

Reactions: 2 people
Finally THIS is the Tea Cooper I was excited about coming to Tenn! The girl was an absolute beast in high school! I honestly didn't expect her to hot a freshman wall but it happened. I'm hoping she's turned the corner, cause it'll only help us in the long run this season! If she's clicking and DD finally gets it together with efficiency and turnovers, and Mercedes decides to get big, we could easily go into the tourney and rattle off some games and make the FF! I have faith.

Reactions: 3 people
If this is how the fans support their winning team why would any top prospect want to come here and be trashed like this. You are the Rock in Rocky Top. It's a mystery to a newbie like me. Do other team's fan sites rip them to shreds? I think I'll take a look and see.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
If this is how the fans support their winning team why would any top prospect want to come here and be trashed like this. You are the Rock in Rocky Top. It's a mystery to a newbie like me. Do other team's fan sites rip them to shreds? I think I'll take a look and see.

They're losing just about as much as they're winning.

All you haters out there how do you like Tea' now? You'll have to find someone else to rip apart now?

I'm still not impressed. For the season, she is shooting 34% from the field and 26% from three. Her 34% shooting is well below the team's average of 41%, yet she has chucked up the second most shots on the team. She leads the team in fouls committed, yet she is only 6th in total minutes played. She has only 40 assists, but 54 turnovers. An A/TO ratio of less than 1 is extremely poor for a guard.

In summary, Cooper and Diamond currently lead the team in shots taken (even though both are shooting extremely poorly for the year), fouls committed, and turnovers. The stats don't lie. Neither player has done much to help the team win games.

Reactions: 8 people

She played terribly until the last two games, and was one reason why we lost games--not the only reason, but certainly one reason. Not a good defender, poor shooting, turnovers. Yet Warlick was giving her big minutes still. You can't give big minutes to players who are not contributing positively--and that goes for DeShields and anybody else who contributions are more negative than positive.

And it's not just about scoring points. How many points are you giving up on the other end? If you score 16 but have four turnovers and are a poor defender who is responsible for the other team scoring 10, 14, 16 points, you haven't really contributed much at all, have you? This applies to everybody.

She played terribly until the last two games, and was one reason why we lost games--not the only reason, but certainly one reason. Not a good defender, poor shooting, turnovers. Yet Warlick was giving her big minutes still. You can't give big minutes to players who are not contributing positively--and that goes for DeShields and anybody else who contributions are more negative than positive.

And it's not just about scoring points. How many points are you giving up on the other end? If you score 16 but have four turnovers and are a poor defender who is responsible for the other team scoring 10, 14, 16 points, you haven't really contributed much at all, have you? This applies to everybody.
she's bout as good a defender we have. She has to try and do something as no one else on the team seems to want to take a shot. Sure she's been in a funk but who on this team hasn't ? When I said "haters" I didn't mean that literally. How about giving her some credit. You people are tough:disappointed:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
she's bout as good a defender we have. She has to try and do something as no one else on the team seems to want to take a shot. Sure she's been in a funk but who on this team hasn't ? When I said "haters" I didn't mean that literally. How about giving her some credit. You people are tough:disappointed:

She is a freshman and she has now put together very good back to back performances. She clearly is starting to make the adjustment. This should be a cause for optimism.

I swear I think some "fans" are pulling hard to the LVs to fail so they can get some kind of points for being right about Holly and this no-good squad of players.

The reality is that quite a few on this board were predicting that mighty Ky with their great coach (at home) would stream roll the LVs.

It is disappointing that they fell apart in the 3rd quarter and even more disappointing they could finish the comeback; but that was a game they clearly could have won.

Yes, they need to get better but I saw some tangible signs of improvement. The glooming and dooming is really not warranted from this game.

Tea is a talent. I knew she'd come around. Just didn't know when the light bulb would come on for her. It was a pretty frustrating process watching her go through that though. I know it must have been frustrating for her but I think she has finally broken through. Now if we can get a couple more players do this then we can finish out the season decently. Right now I think Carter, Reynolds, Middleton, Graves and Cooper are playing well. I think those should be the ones playing the most minutes until the others prove they can stop turning the ball over and making bad decisions.

I'm still not impressed. For the season, she is shooting 34% from the field and 26% from three. Her 34% shooting is well below the team's average of 41%, yet she has chucked up the second most shots on the team. She leads the team in fouls committed, yet she is only 6th in total minutes played. She has only 40 assists, but 54 turnovers. An A/TO ratio of less than 1 is extremely poor for a guard.

In summary, Cooper and Diamond currently lead the team in shots taken (even though both are shooting extremely poorly for the year), fouls committed, and turnovers. The stats don't lie. Neither player has done much to help the team win games.

You don't deserve any likes for the above.

VN Store

Back