Hart making the next hire..............

Advol

Hart has almost completed his task of putting that Ol Baby Blue Lady Vol stuff to bed. He is almost done with his project.
Do you honestly think he is going to make a good hire to replace Holly.
'Dream ON!! :hi::hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Hart has almost completed his task of putting that Ol Baby Blue Lady Vol stuff to bed. He is almost done with his project.

You start a thread with THIS? SMH

Reactions: 14 people
I wish we were bad in football again. I miss the days when people were complaining about something worthwhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Your dream's a nightmare, so spare me your angst. Coach Barnes was a very good hire for an undesirable job. Butch's hire is beginning to look brilliant. Holly appeared to be a prudent choice. That one didn't pan out, but there's no evidence Hart will make anything but a wise choice. Nonetheless, haters gona' hate.

Reactions: 4 people

Hart has done got blasted for the Lady Vol thing. I think Holly is safe for now. But I do think we need a different coach for the Lady Vols in basketball. I just do not think it will happen.

Read that the change from Lady Vols and putting the entire Dept under one AD was already planned for some time but the former AD never pulled the trigger. Saving money and reorganizing the dept contributed to us now having a surplus so we were able to hire Shoop and start planning the next of Neyland upgrade. From a distance it appears to me he has done a good job but I don't have inside info so I could be wrong.

Reactions: 2 people
Read that the change from Lady Vols and putting the entire Dept under one AD was already planned for some time but the former AD never pulled the trigger. Saving money and reorganizing the dept contributed to us now having a surplus so we were able to hire Shoop and start planning the next of Neyland upgrade. From a distance it appears to me he has done a good job but I don't have inside info so I could be wrong.
I don't think Dave has saved any money. He said himself that the money we have now was due to the new SEC TV contract. Let's not give credit where it's not due. Rick Barnes fell into his lap after he screwed up royally with Tyndall. Barnes was unemployed so how hard could it be to talk someone into coming to UT with the facilities hey have when your job hunting and have some ties to the area.

Reactions: 3 people
Your dream's a nightmare, so spare me your angst. Coach Barnes was a very good hire for an undesirable job. Butch's hire is beginning to look brilliant. Holly appeared to be a prudent choice. That one didn't pan out, but there's no evidence Hart will make anything but a wise choice. Nonetheless, haters gona' hate.

no job at the original UT is undesirable . :shakehead:

If only LV fans were "whining" about the program, I would say that it was time to stop. That is certainly not the case. There have been articles and people, who are knowledgeable about basketball, that have expressed concern over the direction this program is going. None of the articles or individuals have ever come out and said fire Holly.

I was in Texas when the Lady Longhorns began to go downhill. A lot of fans complained when the Longhorns started losing to teams they usually beat and recruiting fell off. There were three reasons for the Lady Longhorns heading South, they allowed Coach Jody Conradt to stay too long because she was the one who built the program up as one of the best in Women's basketball, other schools like the Lady Vols began to control recruiting in Texas high school that were controlled exclusively by the Lady Longhorns and the administration just never bought into ladies' sports programs being as important as men's sports. During this same period of time at least 2 Texas football and basketball coaches were fired for not winning championships. Both teams were continually on the hot seat from fans, the board and administration. Only the lady Longhorns' fans expressed concern over the direction the program was headed in. Five stars became scarce and the program just was not the same until the present coach.

The fact is that we have final four players, there has to be a reason why we simply do not play up to our capability. Unfortunately that is a question that has to be answered by the coaching staff. If the coaches do not have the answer then you would have to be in denial to believe things will get better.

Last edited:

The 'baby blue' should have been put to bed long ago. I don't know where that crap came from--was never a Tennessee color.

The Vol vs. Lady Vol should have been consolidated long ago. Good for Hart--who, by the way, has done a pretty dang good job in his time on the Hill.

These 'Lady Vol' only fans drive me nuts. We're all Vols!!

The 'baby blue' should have been put to bed long ago. I don't know where that crap came from--was never a Tennessee color.

The Vol vs. Lady Vol should have been consolidated long ago. Good for Hart--who, by the way, has done a pretty dang good job in his time on the Hill.

Have you noticed their shoes?

I didn't mind the baby blue as an accent color. But orange is definitely supposed to be the main color. Now, the smokey grey uniforms I think are terrible. I'm probably in the minority on that, and that's okay, but I don't like them.

I didn't mind the baby blue as an accent color. But orange is definitely supposed to be the main color. Now, the smokey grey uniforms I think are terrible. I'm probably in the minority on that, and that's okay, but I don't like them.

I alway thought it was Pat's Eyes Blue:).

Yes, orange is our primary color.

Think it's hypocritical to complain about Lady Vols using a little blue and say nothing about the black and grey other UT teams wear/have worn, especially when it is used as the dominant color. But that's OK...it's what the players want. Right? We want the players to be happy. Right? They might not sign if we don't have a lot of different uniforms. Right? And a lot of various colors. Right?

GO BIG GREY!

As a matter of fact, Jeff, I don't mind the grey uniforms occasionally. If it's important to the kids, then let them have some fun. Think it's juvenile, but most of the players are juveniles. They can't even legally drink (but they can vote, spin that one around in you head awhile:)).

First of all, baby blue is not a school color. However, if it's something that the lady vols have made to fit the women's athletic programs then it should've been voted into school colors LONG before dave hart or nike ever arrived. Secondly, the women's basketball program shouldn't be the only women's sport represented by this color scheme. Third of all, as far as CHW is concerned, lay off for a minute and think about some things. From what I've watched, we aren't very talented. Maybe on paper, but when a 5* recruit can shoot 90% in practice, but only 30% in games, there's more than a coaching issue. Lastly, should CHW be replaced? Maybe? That's a decision that will be made in time. What I do know is, as unhappy as the fan base is and the current performance of the team, something's gotta give. GBO!

Your standards must be pretty low.

Nonsense...it is distinctive and I think it looks pretty good. No different than having grey accents, or black trim, or anything like that except it goes well with the orange and is unique. The mindset that the women's unis and name have to be exactly the same as the men's is that of those who tell us we have to open Marine infantry and SEALs to women, when about one in a million qualify physically. No offense to women, there is plenty they can do that I can't and I accept that. :salute::pat:

Hart is a smart guy, he can tell if he just leaves things the way they are it will die on the vine. Don't mess with the hitman, he'll hit ya back, hard.

If diehard Lady Vol fans are willing to continue giving Holly the benefit of the doubt then Hart will be less likely to make a change.

Perhaps it's true that you get the coach you deserve, to coin a phrase.

VN Store

Back