TN LV: Holly Warlick Should officially be on the HOT Seat

Lady Vols fans are the whiniest bunch of babies in all of sport. I'm going to go ahead and compare you to post Nick Saban Alabama football. That's the level of obnoxious crying that goes on around this board. You had the greatest coach of ALL time. It will probably never reach those levels again because there will never be another Pat Summit or anything close. Deal with it and support the team.

Reactions: 4 people
To me and I'll note I am a loyalist to coaches the last loss was extremely troubling and with the lack of recruiting prowess atm it may be time to at least start preparing to move on.
Not saying that we should, but we need to at least start considering it

Hasn't Holly really just been a place-holder for Tyler Summitt once he gets some solid head-coaching experience and a decent reputation for recruiting behind him? After all, the floor's already got his name on it.

Reactions: 3 people
Lady Vols fans are the whiniest bunch of babies in all of sport. I'm going to go ahead and compare you to post Nick Saban Alabama football. That's the level of obnoxious crying that goes on around this board. You had the greatest coach of ALL time. It will probably never reach those levels again because there will never be another Pat Summit or anything close. Deal with it and support the team.

Have you seen this team play

Reactions: 9 people
Rarely does it go well for a coach following a legend and this certainly isn't going well. The Lady Vols are trending downward and the future looks bleak with recruiting looking as bad as ever for a Lady Vol team. Time for a reset while we still have good talent here.

Reactions: 2 people
In my opinion, we have the worst basketball coach (ladies) in the SEC. I understand being loyal to one of your own. However, we badly need someone that can coach at least a little bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I hope Dave Hart sees that article. Holly should have been fired just as soon as the plane touched down at McGhee-Tyson last nite.

Reactions: 1 person
Hasn't Holly really just been a place-holder for Tyler Summitt once he gets some solid head-coaching experience and a decent reputation for recruiting behind him? After all, the floor's already got his name on it.

If that is indeed the case, he had better get here soon or he will have little to work with.

Just because we were the best team in the nation doesn't mean w can't ever be again! Do you apply this logic to all the Vols teams? If you were great once don't expect to be great again? Bolderdash!

Post Nick Saben was very bad Alabama football and right now post Pat is turning into bad basketball for Tennessee. No one but no one supports bad recruiting, bad coaching and bad basketball. You can support a team without supporting bad basketball. If one supports your ideology then fans, schools and the community should just support and deal with bad basketball. That is a pipe dream that will never happen.

Reactions: 2 people
Just because we were the best team in the nation doesn't mean w can't ever be again! Do you apply this logic to all the Vols teams? If you were great once don't expect to be great again? Bolderdash!

Exactly! Other great programs in other sports didn't close up shop after the legend left. Why should we just accept mediocrity? I've made the argument before that the goal of this program going forward should be to follow the footsteps of the Kentucky men's program post Adolph Rupp and have sustained championships over multiple decades and coaches rather than UCLA which has done virtually nothing since the era of John Wooden. We are at that crossroads.

There is nothing worse than slowly watching a program crumble like we did with Dooley and the football program. Hopefully Dave Hart won't allow that to happen to the Lady's BB program. If she can't win with the roster she has, there are a lot of great coaches out there who could.

There is nothing worse than watching a fanbase quickly bail, mid-season, on their team and the coaches, all of whom put more into it than anyone here.

It's the easy thing to do.

Quitters.

There is nothing worse than watching a fanbase quickly bail, mid-season, on their team and the coaches, all of whom put more into it than anyone here.

It's the easy thing to do.

Quitters.

Actually, watching this team play basketball for a coach who has NO clue is the hardest thing to do. And if you truly want to see quitters, just watch our players in the second half...

Reactions: 5 people
Post Nick Saben was very bad Alabama football and right now post Pat is turning into bad basketball for Tennessee. No one but no one supports bad recruiting, bad coaching and bad basketball. You can support a team without supporting bad basketball. If one supports your ideology then fans, schools and the community should just support and deal with bad basketball. That is a pipe dream that will never happen.

Nick Saban is still coaching...

Dave hart needs to be athletic director for all sports and not just football. Do your job and stop the bleeding! This program is too proud to fall into mediocrity.

Actually, watching this team play basketball for a coach who has NO clue is the hardest thing to do. And if you truly want to see quitters, just watch our players in the second half...

Really?

It's hard for you to watch a basketball game? You don't support the coach, obviously. You infer the players quit, so not much support in that regard.

Maybe you should curl up with a good book, some fast food, maybe a lifetime movie where it all shakes out in the end.

Stand up comedy if one feels confident...so many choices.

VN Store

Back