A Comedy Of Errors...And The Beat Goes On

hokievol12

How many hours of practice has gone into molding this team into the worst conglomeration of McDonald's All Americans in the history of women's basketball? I'm beginning to think this team is in serious jeopardy of even making the post season! DeShields and Nared stood out to me as the two best offensive weapons on the floor for Arkansas...just cleverly disguised in lady vol uniforms! Facial expressions when parked on the bench were those of players with a no care attitude! And the beat goes on...

Reactions: 2 people
Holly's attempt at making a useful product out of women's basketball...
P1200499.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
I did notice Jamie smiling & smirking on the bench at one point of the game. not good vibes

I picked a bad year to join this forum. I was wanting to join in with all you celebrators this year. My bad. Please accept my apologies.

The three teams I root for are Iowa St, Baylor and Tennessee. I was concerned about ISU this year do to lack of good recruiting. But they're actually doing better than I expected. Baylor has talent all over but seems to be having problems being functional. More turnovers than I've ever seen from a Mulky team. If you believe in prayer, you might want to say one for them as they go to TX Sunday. I doubt BU will win there at this stage. However I would have never thought Arkansas would beat the Vols either. Guess I should just root for UConn. But can't bring myself to that.

Reactions: 1 person
I picked a bad year to join this forum. I was wanting to join in with all you celebrators this year. My bad. Please accept my apologies.

No problem. Hope you enjoy your stay.

[/QUOTE] The three teams I root for are Iowa St, Baylor and Tennessee. I was concerned about ISU this year do to lack of good recruiting. But they're actually doing better than I expected. Baylor has talent all over but seems to be having problems being functional. More turnovers than I've ever seen from a Mulky team. If you believe in prayer, you might want to say one for them as they go to TX Sunday. I doubt BU will win there at this stage. However I would have never thought Arkansas would beat the Vols either.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you've been keeping up with current events but we need all the prayers we can get for our team.

[/QUOTE] Guess I should just root for UConn. But can't bring myself to that.[/QUOTE]

Hey, why not, many do it on this site already in one form or another and several are in the closet and just take a jab occasionally at the disparity between programs in the current state. Just read the last ten post strings and that will tell you everything you need to know about being successful and accepted in this forum.

I did notice Jamie smiling & smirking on the bench at one point of the game. not good vibes

I noticed that as well. It was at the end of the game when DeShields fouled out and sat next to her on the bench. Don't know if the smirk was directed at DeShields, Holly, the game or what. Regardless, it was inappropriate and unacceptable. The young lady would be deep in my dog house.

I noticed that as well. It was at the end of the game when DeShields fouled out and sat next to her on the bench. Don't know if the smirk was directed at DeShields, Holly, the game or what. Regardless, it was inappropriate and unacceptable. The young lady would be deep in my dog house.
So the girls cant have any facial expressions of any sort now????

I don't think she was smirking as in being smug. It looked more like that "McKayla Maroney Is Not Impressed" expression.

Attachments

• Not impressed.jpg
    Not impressed.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 4
when you are getting your ass kicked by a 40 lb short and scrawny weakling like arky was in relation to the LV's, you should be mad as hell & not taking it anymore, not smiling & smirking and having a good ole time on the bench. imvho

JN wasn't the only one either

I noticed that as well. It was at the end of the game when DeShields fouled out and sat next to her on the bench. Don't know if the smirk was directed at DeShields, Holly, the game or what.

She was probably glad to see Diamond get her comeuppance. There is a chemistry problem with this team and more than a little resentment directed towards the dynamic duo and their me-me-me attitudes.

She was probably glad to see Diamond get her comeuppance. There is a chemistry problem with this team and more than a little resentment directed towards the dynamic duo and their me-me-me attitudes.

We are a terrible offensive team. I think the sets we run are most TERRIBLE--what is the point of running a weave with guards outside the three-point line against a zone, as we do, accomplishing nothing but wasting time on the possession clock? Seems utterly stupid. We are careless with the ball--too many turnovers, don't pass with any precision, there seems little chemistry and we can't shoot. We struggle to get our point total past the 50s! We didn't even get to 50 in one game. These are the same problems that plagued the program the last several years that PS was coaching--when the program started to slip noticeably--and Warlick is carrying on that bad tradition of bad offensive basketball.

Diamond and her BFF Cooper.

Cooper is a problem because she can't score and can't pass.

This team would be sub-.500 without Diamond.

If you need players to blame, Carter, Reynolds and Nared should be getting more slack than Diamond.

We are a terrible offensive team. I think the sets we run are most TERRIBLE--what is the point of running a weave with guards outside the three-point line against a zone, as we do, accomplishing nothing but wasting time on the possession clock? Seems utterly stupid. We are careless with the ball--too many turnovers, don't pass with any precision, there seems little chemistry and we can't shoot. We struggle to get our point total past the 50s! We didn't even get to 50 in one game. These are the same problems that plagued the program the last several years that PS was coaching--when the program started to slip noticeably--and Warlick is carrying on that bad tradition of bad offensive basketball.

Maybe fans should be looking at the UT backcourt assistant. She was a 12 year assistant to CViv (great recruiter, bad game coach) at Rutgers (a program that had no offense) and then she took a moderately successful program at Illinois and turned it into a loser. Nowhere in her resume is there any indication that she knows how to coach offense. I'm going to plagiarize a post I read on another board describing Rutgers during her tenure - "a program where an organized offense was optional."

Last edited:
Maybe fans should be looking at the UT backcourt assistant. She was a 12 year assistant to CViv (great recruiter, bad game coach) at Rutgers (a program that had no offense) and then she took a moderately successful program at Illinois and turned it into a loser. Nowhere in her resume is there any indication that she knows how to coach offense. I'm going to plagiarize a post I read on another board describing Rutgers during her tenure - "a program where an organized offense was optional."

That's a good point I'd never considered, so I went back and looked at Law's record at Illinois and it wasn't pretty.

Illinois averaged 65.2 points per game in 2006-07, the season before Law took over. Her teams then averaged 60.2 ppg over the next 5 seasons and shot about 40.5% from the field. After 3 disastrous seasons in her last 4 years there, Law was fired in March 2012. The 2012-13 team then averaged 68.9 ppg.

Average attendance dropped from just under 1,500 a game in 2008 to just over 1,000 a game in Law's last season.

Warlick said about her new hire in May 2012, "Besides the X's and O's of the game and her reputation as an excellent recruiter, Jolette is just a great individual and a terrific role model. She will be a great fit for us at Tennessee."

While Pat's program started to down spiral before she retired we know that part of this decline might have been related to health issues. We were still winning and making the NCAA's but with limited success. Holly is still winning but having limited NCAA tourney success. This year seems to be a big downward trend in the program related in great part to recruiting and coaching management. Do we save the program by replacing Holly or do we give Holly a chance to save the program? Right now the program seems to be in a down spin and Holly seems to be unable to turn the program in the desired direction. Right now we have a potential mess on our hands.

That's a good point I'd never considered, so I went back and looked at Law's record at Illinois and it wasn't pretty.

Illinois averaged 65.2 points per game in 2006-07, the season before Law took over. Her teams then averaged 60.2 ppg over the next 5 seasons and shot about 40.5% from the field. After 3 disastrous seasons in her last 4 years there, Law was fired in March 2012. The 2012-13 team then averaged 68.9 ppg.

Average attendance dropped from just under 1,500 a game in 2008 to just over 1,000 a game in Law's last season.

Warlick said about her new hire in May 2012, "Besides the X's and O's of the game and her reputation as an excellent recruiter, Jolette is just a great individual and a terrific role model. She will be a great fit for us at Tennessee."

Get rid of them all; starting with Holly!

GTFO? The pieces to CHW puzzle are coming together slowly but surely. "Besides the X's and O's? No besides that's MAJOR. :banghead2:

Thank you for sharing that information as it is very important to know those things.

Fascinating information.

If you are insecure in your position, one approach is to surround yourself with weaker subordinates so your authority is not challenged.

Given the close association with CPS (and the promise that she would remain involved), the LVs could have grabbed some dynamite assistants instead of a fired head coach from a weak mid-major program. Missed opportunities don't come back except to bite you.

i don't disagree with the warlick criticism at all but to this point i've been surprised the assistants have seemingly been given a pass!

VN Store

Back