Lady Vol Softball.

I'm excited about this year. I believe we will get some quality pitching help along with some hitting out of these freshmen.

Reactions: 1 person
There's no such thing as "Lady Vols" Softball. We only have the University of Tennessee Volunteers Women's Softball team.

We don't care what Dave Hart says.

You'll have to forgive reverseosmosis. He's frightened by an empowered woman and has anointed himself arbiter of Truth and Righteousness in order to rid the board of anything that reminds him of his fears. LOL.

You'll have to forgive reverseosmosis. He's frightened by an empowered woman and has anointed himself arbiter of Truth and Righteousness in order to rid the board of anything that reminds him of his fears. LOL.

Actually, I am just in favor of everyone coming together under the umbrella of inclusiveness. I'm not sure why you need to be so derogatory and spiteful. I can't fathom raining insults insinuating sexism at someone in favor of elevating the spirit of unity and empowerment.

Actually, I am just in favor of everyone coming together under the umbrella of inclusiveness. I'm not sure why you need to be so derogatory and spiteful. I can't fathom raining insults insinuating sexism at someone in favor of elevating the spirit of unity and empowerment.

LOL. You'd fit right in in a commune. Maybe one of those Soviet farming communes from the cold war days where everybody was (mis)treated the same and the individual ceased to exist. Yeah, that's where you belong.

Hey, I've got an idea. Since you want to take away the right of a woman to decide what she wants to be called, let's all decide what we're going to call reverseosmosis. How about Leader-of-the-He-Man-Woman-Haters club? Only thing is, you don't get to vote.

Reactions: 3 people
LOL. You'd fit right in in a commune. Maybe one of those Soviet farming communes from the cold war days where everybody was (mis)treated the same and the individual ceased to exist. Yeah, that's where you belong.

Hey, I've got an idea. Since you want to take away the right of a woman to decide what she wants to be called, let's all decide what we're going to call reverseosmosis. How about Leader-of-the-He-Man-Woman-Haters club? Only thing is, you don't get to vote.

A good non-sequitor or red herring always makes me feel better too.

He's a she.

I feel sorry for the two of you that are so willing to be mean and angry. You will regret being on the wrong side of this sexist history. It's time to progress beyond this isolationism. I hope you will each find peace in your hearts now and when history opposes you.

I feel sorry for the two of you that are so willing to be mean and angry. You will regret being on the wrong side of this sexist history. It's time to progress beyond this isolationism. I hope you will each find peace in your hearts now and when history opposes you.

Kook.

Reactions: 3 people
He's a she.

Doesn't matter. S/he is still all for taking away the individual and burying them. There is an old Twilight Zone episode called "Eye of the Beholder" where everybody looks exactly the same - hideously ugly. A TV in the background is showing a speech by the State's despotic leader extolling the virtues of conformity and unity, showing that this society's leader firmly believes that people who are different do not belong.

reverseosmosis would have made a fine, fine citizen of that society.

Reactions: 2 people
Doesn't matter. S/he is still all for taking away the individual and burying them. There is an old Twilight Zone episode called "Eye of the Beholder" where everybody looks exactly the same - hideously ugly. A TV in the background is showing a speech by the State's despotic leader extolling the virtues of conformity and unity, showing that this society's leader firmly believes that people who are different do not belong.

reverseosmosis would have made a fine, fine citizen of that society.

They remain individuals, and that is signified by a name on the back of most jerseys. Ultimately, they are all representatives of the same Power T that has been decided as the unifying symbol around which to assemble those individuals. It's odd that those wishing to be accepted the most are spending the most time trying to differentiate themselves from the group. I wonder if the Diversity Office could step in and supply some clarity to this situation.

They remain individuals, and that is signified by a name on the back of most jerseys. Ultimately, they are all representatives of the same Power T that has been decided as the unifying symbol around which to assemble those individuals. It's odd that those wishing to be accepted the most are spending the most time trying to differentiate themselves from the group. I wonder if the Diversity Office could step in and supply some clarity to this situation.

Spoken like a true representative of the State.

You don't recognize your own complicity in the loss of identity. Like I said, you'd fit right in in a Soviet-style commune. Inclusion, conformity, unification. Wow, you're downright anti-American.

You don't recognize your own complicity in the loss of identity. Like I said, you'd fit right in in a Soviet-style commune. Inclusion, conformity, unification. Wow, you're downright anti-American.

Full blooded liberal kook. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

You are not even taking into account that some of these women athletes could be playing in a state of pre-op transgender status based on current NCAA regulations and by-laws. The "lady" terminology is not fair to them. The best thing in this case is the singular Power T logo and Volunteers name. Since we are not ready for non-gender specific pronouns at the University, this creates the greatest comfort zone as far as terminology goes.

You are not even taking into account that some of these women athletes could be playing in a state of pre-op transgender status based on current NCAA regulations and by-laws. The "lady" terminology is not fair to them. The best thing in this case is the singular Power T logo and Volunteers name. Since we are not ready for non-gender specific pronouns at the University, this creates the greatest comfort zone as far as terminology goes.

What's not fair is you deciding what they will be called when they have made it plain they want to be called Lady Vols. If there were reams of former players calling for the dissolution of the name Lady Vols I'd listen to them and say ok. But there isn't. They are saying the exact opposite of what you are. But you are deaf.

Reactions: 5 people
What's not fair is you deciding what they will be called when they have made it plain they want to be called Lady Vols. If there were reams of former players calling for the dissolution of the name Lady Vols I'd listen to them and say ok. But there isn't. They are saying the exact opposite of what you are. But you are deaf.

That's the elitist mindset. They know better than the masses.

The minority is small and vocal. The majority that agree have no reason to voice anything. The "reams" of voices you don't hear are those speaking the loudest.

The minority is small and vocal. The majority that agree have no reason to voice anything. The "reams" of voices you don't hear are those speaking the loudest.

The only voice is yours. Your posting pattern here is clear. You only post whenever you find an opportunity to jab the board about the name Lady Vols. Why aren't you jabbing Dave Hart in the ribs about his decision to keep the name Lady Vols for basketball? You're a hypocrite and an ideological driven one at that. And people with ideologically-driven agendas aren't to be trusted.

By the way, congratulations for deftly dodging the question at hand. I knew you could do it.

VN Store

Back