Jasmine Jones

Ladyvolfan4ever

Has anyone heard anything about how Jasmine is doing? That was really scary. She was laying on the floor right in front of us not moving. With her concussion problems this wasn't good. Prayers going up for her.

Reactions: 1 person
My GUESS is that Jasmine suffered another concussion. Even if it is not definitely determined that she suffered another concussion, the medical staff will be very cautious with her since she sustained a concussion last season.

Hope she recovers very soon.

prayers for Jasmine. Speedy recovery. It was scary to see her lying there motionless. Talk about bad luck. Have you seen any team with the concussion problems we have?

Hope she's ok, but the team is better without her. She's a turnover machine and horrible offensive shooter. Holly needs to play a 7-8 person rotation. She wouldn't start for any other elite program in the country.

Team is better without Jasmine. Ok! See, **** like that, 11 boards, and four players have more turnovers, and three are tied with her at 10 a piece.

Fans huh, more like haters.. whateva.

Reactions: 4 people
Team is better without Jasmine. Ok! See, **** like that, 11 boards, and four players have more turnovers, and three are tied with her at 10 a piece.

Jasmine played very well against Texas. She was crashing the boards. She had 11 rebounds and 1 assist in only 23 minutes of playing time, and just 1 turnover.

Reactions: 7 people
They aren't watching the actual game, they are watching the games in the Holly haters heads, with there HOlly hater goggles.

Like Jasmine is going to be our go to player, nope she will be a nice utility player by the end of the career, if healthy.

We need her to board and play defense, anything she gives us on the offensive end is a bonus, almost like Nicky! But she has to be a threat when she's in position to score and do it with confidence, that's it paint to 10 feet, she should be money.

Get us steal, rebounds, extra possession and shut team opposing 3 and 2 players down. And has the third best shooting percentage on the team in the pre season.

Jasmine elevate straight up (you can jump over almost any you face) and stop fading away on your shots.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I like Jasmine but it seems like she doesn't know her strengths on offense. Basketball IQ is very low.

Jasmine your offense is in/or around the paint and crashing the boards, like they really runs sets for Jasmine, with her athleticism, she should be shooting the ball leaning forward or straight up, too many times she's shooting the ball fading to the left or right, with her leaping ability, if she leaned or fade toward the basket, she will be in better position to get her own misses cos her ability to hit the floor and get up is off the chart.

We have to become a better team and we will.

Jasmine has played well in the big games tho!

Last edited:

Have you watched her play? One or two games of decent offensive production don't outweigh her typical play. She's a GREAT defender, and scores well off of rebounds. A good coach would say, "jasmine don't shoot the ball unless you've rebounded it, we need you for defense." Then again, we have a coach that would rather be their friend than make the tough decisions we need to win. The approach is used by coaches all the time to reward players. Our men's coach uses it with Reese. Reese loves shooting 3's, although his usually percentage isn't that high. Coach Barnes told him he couldn't shoot a 3 unless he has 10 rebounds in a game. Jasmine should be coached to her strength - defense.

Last edited:
Jasmine your offense is in/or around the paint and crashing the boards, like they really runs sets for Jasmine, with her athleticism, she should be shooting the ball leaning forward or straight up, too many times she's shooting the ball fading to the left or right, with her leaping ability, if she leaned or fade toward the basket, she will be in better position to get her own misses cos her ability to hit the floor and get up is off the chart.

We have to become a better team and we will.

Jasmine has played well in the big games tho!

It seems Pat that you have a higher basketball iq than our coach. If you can see Jasmine's strengths, why can't the coaching staff?

They aren't watching the actual game, they are watching the games in the Holly haters heads, with there HOlly hater goggles.

Like Jasmine is going to be our go to player, nope she will be a nice utility player by the end of the career, if healthy.

We need her to board and play defense, anything she gives us on the offensive end is a bonus, almost like Nicky! But she has to be a threat when she's in position to score and do it with confidence, that's it paint to 10 feet, she should be money.

Get us steal, rebounds, extra possession and shut team opposing 3 and 2 players down. And has the third best shooting percentage on the team in the pre season.

Jasmine elevate straight up (you can jump over almost any you face) and stop fading away on your shots.

Her asset is rebounding and defense.For three years now she has been a turnover waiting to happen.Starting her demonstrates Holly's ineptness in evaluating basketball talent...either that or Jasmine has some pictures of Holly in a compromising position

That's a reflection of the coaching, not the player... especially for a 4th year junior.

I agree. I think it's the coaches and player. If you've been playing basketball this long you should know what you can't do but maybe thats where basketball IQ comes in.

Folks, let's give Jasmine some credit also...she averages 20.4 minutes per game...6 other players average more...so her starting is in name only. She is tied for 2nd best free throw percentage with Diamond, behind only Graves. She is the 3rd best rebounder on the team, trailing only Graves and Russell. She is 2nd in blocked shots behind Russell. She is probably the 2nd best athlete on this team...can press and defend...maybe better than anyone on that team. Effort is never a problem with her...she will lay her body on the line...and as my uncle who was wounded 3 times in the South Pacific fighting Japanese one island to the next...once said...I want someone in the foxhole next to me whose ready to lay it on the line.

Reactions: 5 people
Jasmine is a tremendous athlete, gives her all on almost every play, which probably puts her at risk of having these types of injuries. Given her concussion history and the fact that the shot to her face was very similar to Ariel's, I'm guessing the medical staff will be extra cautious with her

Jasmine is a tremendous athlete, gives her all on almost every play, which probably puts her at risk of having these types of injuries. Given her concussion history and the fact that the shot to her face was very similar to Ariel's, I'm guessing the medical staff will be extra cautious with her

Agree and she should consider TE on the football team

I recall Warlick saying that Massengale was day-to-day after getting slapped in the face, and she missed the entire second half of the year. There is no doubt that some people are more susceptible to head blows than others. Was it Cooper she knocked heads with? Whoever it was, popped right up, and Jones laid on the floor like she was hit with a cannon ball. Some players are fine after a week or two, others take six months.

It is unfortunate that we have two great athletes, with size, in Graves and Jones, but both have limited games.

Her asset is rebounding and defense.For three years now she has been a turnover waiting to happen.Starting her demonstrates Holly's ineptness in evaluating basketball talent...either that or Jasmine has some pictures of Holly in a compromising position

What shocks me is Jasmine has been a Vols for 4 years now and is still unable to drive to the on a defender. Now that`s what you call bad coaching.

I recall Warlick saying that Massengale was day-to-day after getting slapped in the face, and she missed the entire second half of the year. There is no doubt that some people are more susceptible to head blows than others. Was it Cooper she knocked heads with? Whoever it was, popped right up, and Jones laid on the floor like she was hit with a cannon ball. Some players are fine after a week or two, others take six months.

It is unfortunate that we have two great athletes, with size, in Graves and Jones, but both have limited games.

I could be wrong but after that hit i think Jones might be done for the year.

Jas's offensive woes is all on the coaches. They're trying so hard to turn a power forward into a perimeter player. Instead of playing to her skill set. They should've had Jas backing up Bash, and Kortney for Diamond at least until they get Jaime back in rotation.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back