Former Lady Vol Candace Parker hosts Gamecocks

wecocky

Hi, Gamecock fan here (I come in peace). I have always had a huge respect for UT's women's basketball program and have even had the honor of meeting coach Summit. That said, I'm thrilled that USC elevated our program to compete nationally, and I am loving what Dawn is building in Columbia.

Apparently last night, while USC was visiting L.A. prior to their flight to Hawaii, former Vol great Candace Parker hosted the team for dinner and a little bball (check out Dawn Staley's twitter account for some of the pics). I believe this is a great example of what sets the SEC apart from other conferences, as there is a mutual respect between the programs. Here's wishing you luck this season, with the exception of when our teams meet, of course.

Reactions: 8 people
Hi, Gamecock fan here (I come in peace). I have always had a huge respect for UT's women's basketball program and have even had the honor of meeting coach Summit. That said, I'm thrilled that USC elevated our program to compete nationally, and I am loving what Dawn is building in Columbia.

Apparently last night, while USC was visiting L.A. prior to their flight to Hawaii, former Vol great Candace Parker hosted the team for dinner and a little bball (check out Dawn Staley's twitter account for some of the pics). I believe this is a great example of what sets the SEC apart from other conferences, as there is a mutual respect between the programs. Here's wishing you luck this season, with the exception of when our teams meet, of course.

Thanks, and nice post.

But FYI there is no such thing as a former Lady Vol. Candace IS a Lady Vol.

Reactions: 7 people
Very cool. Maybe the LV need to plan a trip through there to get the same treatment...

CP3 and Dawn Staley are good friends. Staley coached her on the National Team. On the other hand, no sure if she would have invited the UConn team though (Geno also coached her).

Reactions: 2 people
Looked liked they had lots of fun. I must say Candace must be crazy paid because her house looks humongous plus she has basketball and tennis courts. The cost of living in California is high.

Looked liked they had lots of fun. I must say Candace must be crazy paid because her house looks humongous plus she has basketball and tennis courts. The cost of living in California is high.

Her overseas team pays her very well

She is also married to Shelden Williams (he played in the NBA and currently plays in China) and they have a combined net worth of close to 5 million.

Her husband was an NBA player from Duke. I think he played for Boston. Not sure if he is still active. One year salary in the NBA is probably more than a lifetime earnings for Women basketball...

VN Store

Back