Game Thread Lady Vols vs Albany

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Reactions: 1 person
We don't mind UConn fans who are respectful and here to discuss the game, but if some are trolling or become annoying you guys need to use the report button and one of the mods of I will take a look.

just thought i would add that to this upcoming game thread,encase anybody has missed it

Reactions: 4 people
My God, I haven't gotten over the last two games yet and now the next one is coming up. I can't take it!

Another really good mid major team, prolly better than UTC. took duke last year to the final seconds in the opening round of NCAA play. This will be a good test..

I thought holly had a great game plan for UTC to start, but it fell apart with her wholesale substitutions and all the turnovers. I mean they came out and hit a pretty good UTC team square in the mouth. This team looked like a NC contender in the first quarter, but they need to put a full four quarters together to have any chance at beating teams like SC, ND, A and M, Kentucky and the like. This seasons start kinda reminds me of how we started last season. Holly also tried the platoon system last year, and it didn't work. We have the pieces, holly just needs to stick with a lineup and get the turnovers under control.

My God, I haven't gotten over the last two games yet and now the next one is coming up. I can't take it!

Nail biters which should have been comfy wins. After the first quarter last night, I was almost positive I was in for some explosive offensive fireworks, then I see carter, Middleton, Moore, and Dunbar all come in at the same time and I was like here we go again lol

I think is just because CHW has so many good players this year and she is trying to figure out how to use them best

it is way early in the season and she will be doing a lot of experimenting to see what works best

Reactions: 4 people
Syracuse beat Rhode Island by 3. Albany beat them by 9. So yes need to be concerned will we make shots or again come down to the wire with this team.

I think is just because CHW has so many good players this year and she is trying to figure out how to use them best

it is way early in the season and she will be doing a lot of experimenting to see what works best

Probably so mule. the thing is, even the bench players, with the exception of Moore, are all top 100 players, better even than UTC's entire starting lineup. They should have been able to handle UTC by themselves..maybe that was holly's reasoning for having them all out there at the same time. I just hope we don't see that same combo anytime soon

Id like to see more of meme jackson, she def looks like she will be a good player for us.

Let's see start Dunbar at center, Moore at point guard, Middleton can play the three, Jones at power forward, and Jackson at two guard.:)
That should get us in a close game at the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
people tend to overlook the fact that UTC is a good team,they have made the tournament in the last 3 or 4 years , I believe

Reactions: 2 people
Diamond plays well, we will play well! It going to start setting up like that, if she starts, she gives this team confidence. Once Diamond becomes alpha lady with her production and performance, her demands and expectations will pick up. We should start seeing a more confident team.

Lady Vols starts off like last game, and build upon it, blow out!

Like to see us starting hitting some more threes. Also, we are not taking care of the ball in transition...:clapping:

GO LADY VOLS!

Holly needs to look at the end of the 4th quarter of each game (the players getting the job done) and start them. Russ, Graves, Diamond, Coop (Reynolds or Carter).

Just in case gule is still in the hospital, let me submit this:

Albany 84 UT 82

Get well, gule. Missing you and thinking about you, partner.

Reactions: 6 people
Another really good mid major team, prolly better than UTC. took duke last year to the final seconds in the opening round of NCAA play. This will be a good test..

I thought holly had a great game plan for UTC to start, but it fell apart with her wholesale substitutions and all the turnovers. I mean they came out and hit a pretty good UTC team square in the mouth. This team looked like a NC contender in the first quarter, but they need to put a full four quarters together to have any chance at beating teams like SC, ND, A and M, Kentucky and the like. This seasons start kinda reminds me of how we started last season. Holly also tried the platoon system last year, and it didn't work. We have the pieces, holly just needs to stick with a lineup and get the turnovers under control.

Good post.I would add that Holly needs to play zone busters against all zone defenses ....that includes a zone offense which creates some screens for the 3 point shooters and let them shoot when open ...not throw the ball into the post when 4 people are sagging in on the post

VN Store

Back