new softball signees announced

kamoshika

Is that .889 batting average listed for Seggern correct???

Coming off their seventh trip to the Women's College World Series, co-head coaches Ralph Weekly and Karen Weekly have reeled in yet another strong recruiting class for the Volunteers' softball program.

Caylan Arnold, Jenna Holcomb, Kaitlyn Martin and Chelsea Seggern will all join the Volunteers for the 2016-17 academic year.

"This class has a little of everything - pitching, speed and power," Karen Weekly said. "All of these young ladies have a high softball IQ.

Vols Welcome Talented Group of Newcomers for 2017 - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Another great group of young ladies to carry on a great UT softball tradition. Thanks to the Weekly's for the great job. Too many greats? :)

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
thanks for the post kamoshika :hi:

it looks like the Weeklys have pulled in another great class,I like that they are getting some pitching along with speed and some strong bats

I can't wait till the season starts

Kaitlyn Martin not coming to UT - enrolled at UT Martin -- no explanation

Probably got more money....wish the NCAA would raise the scholarship numbers allowed in softball and baseball to at least 25

Last edited:
The NCAA absolutely needs to RAISE scholarship numbers for softball and soccer--which each have a substantial number of regular players--and lower the number for basketball, which is think is 15. That is a ridiculous number for a sport that has only 5 starters. The basketball total should be 12, at most.

The NCAA absolutely needs to RAISE scholarship numbers for softball and soccer--which each have a substantial number of regular players--and lower the number for basketball, which is think is 15. That is a ridiculous number for a sport that has only 5 starters. The basketball total should be 12, at most.

Agreed!!

I suppose if Martin was given a full scholly to UT-Martin and, say, half a scholly by the Weeklys, one could see her making the decision to go to the smaller school--but, gosh, she is giving up a lot. We're talking about two completely different programs.

I suppose if Martin was given a full scholly to UT-Martin and, say, half a scholly by the Weeklys, one could see her making the decision to go to the smaller school--but, gosh, she is giving up a lot. We're talking about two completely different programs.

I may be wrong but I believe her scholarship at either place is academic. The valedictorian in each school always gets a full ride at any state school unless something has c

I may be wrong but I believe her scholarship at either place is academic. The valedictorian in each school always gets a full ride at any state school unless something has c

A valedictorian does not get a full ride to a state school.

I figure Martin just decided that she could go to UT Martin and drive home everyday. Only about thirty miles from where she lives.

I figure Martin just decided that she could go to UT Martin and drive home everyday. Only about thirty miles from where she lives.

B7_B_0wIIAAafrf.jpg:large

There is no story...she received more money from UTM....still gets along with the UT coaches who wishes her well.....most of our money goes to the out of state kids and we try and lure the home state kids that really want to be here sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't

There is no story...she received more money from UTM....still gets along with the UT coaches who wishes her well.....most of our money goes to the out of state kids and we try and lure the home state kids that really want to be here sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't

You live in Alabama so how did you come up with this ? BTW the Renroe sisters turned out pretty good and like the other poster claimed Martin was the valedictorian of her class so whats the explanation there ? The money should not be an issue - a partial softball scholarship and an academic scholarship (even partial) makes up a full one -- coupled with no mention of the change by anyone makes it a story

VN Store

Back