Meme Jackson reminds Carolyn Peck of Jewell Lloyd

boxerpupsrcool

When I went back and watched the replay of Penn St and the Lady Vols, I noticed what Peck said about Jackson reminding her of Jewell Lloyd. I was a little taken aback by that comment because I would have never thought of Jewell Lloyd and Meme Jackson being comparable to each other, but after watching more of Meme in the CN game, I can see some similarities between her and Lloyd. Both are very athletic and tenacious on defense, have similar builds and both have really pretty looking three point shots..If Jackson could even turn into half the player that Lloyd turned out to be, then that would be a great bonus for the Lady Vols

I think she was referring to her athleticism and jump shot. Clearly Jackson's skill set is no where near Lloyd's as of now.

I don't mind Peck--but the color commentators in women's basketball are close to useless because they don't really analyze games and they are never critical of poor play. Our own Lizzy Harrison was the color commentator tonight for the Syracuse game, and she was terrible. But then I expected her to be terrible. She's young, she's inexperienced, and there is just his tendency to never say anything truly insightful about the game. You'd think she could, having just finished four years of high-level college basketball, but she didn't make a single insightful comment all night--it was bland nothingness: "Both teams are really playing hard....."

I think we need to give Jackson a little playing time. She had a steal tonight in about the two minutes she played.

VN Store

Back