Define Stretch Four please

JohnStL

Dunbar was describing her position as a stretch 4.

I suspect that means using her ability to take her post player out to the 3 pt line. Is there another LV or other player who was a Stretch-4

Without trying to be clever or cute it did get me to wondering are there other designations I've never maybe a Point-1 or 2-Post.

Or perhaps Holly heard "free Dunbar!"

Stricklen was a stretch 4 or point forward ummm also Alex Fuller even Spencer was a stretch 4 or 3/4... Pretty much hey are post players with consistent perimeter shots that can pull opposing post players away from the basket and effectively stretch the offense

Reactions: 1 person
Stricklin wasn't a 4. As I recall, she was a 3 who ended up playing point because our guard situation was so bad. Spencer was a lot like Burdick, so maybe they both could be called stretch 4s. Their specialty was the mid-range jumper.

A bigger player who typically struggles to guard on the perimeter. So they mask that deficiency by guarding a post and then they are a nightmare for a bigger player to guard because they are capable of passing and shooting from the perimeter. Dunbar fits that description very well. Very similar to Spencer.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back