Way too early Creme's Bracketology for 2016

We go to the Dallas region with games against Texas and then Baylor. Yeah, that sounds fair.

Ughhhhh how did I know they'd put Baylor in our region. I hope this doesn't come to fruition, Baylor can be a dangerous team with Jones back.

He literally did the bracket by going down the polls. We are paired with Baylor because we are ranked #4 and they are #5.

We very well could end up in Dallas if South Carolina gets a higher #1 seed. I want us to be in Lexington, but to do that, we have to be the second #1 seed, beating out ND and South Carolina for it. Sioux Falls is really the only neutral locaton in terms of no local teams.

Reactions: 2 people
I want us to be in Lexington, but to do that, we have to be the second #1 seed, beating out ND and South Carolina for it.

Good news is, based on the 2015-16 schedule, the desired outcome is directly within our control.

Feeling good about the SC game at home (and at a neutral site in the conf tourney). It's that ND road game that looks like trouble.

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee will be a #1 seed once again and I think can beat Texas and Baylor if sent to Texas in the NCAA Tournament.

He literally did the bracket by going down the polls. We are paired with Baylor because we are ranked #4 and they are #5.

We very well could end up in Dallas if South Carolina gets a higher #1 seed. I want us to be in Lexington, but to do that, we have to be the second #1 seed, beating out ND and South Carolina for it. Sioux Falls is really the only neutral locaton in terms of no local teams.

If Kentucky can get a 4 seed they would be the host team in Lexington and under the current guidelines neither S Car nor Tenn could be put in the same region.

Not really. There isn't one poll in which tOSU is 8th and if he simply used a poll then UConn would have the No 8 team in their region as the 2. He got around the Kentucky problem by making them a 5 seed and sending them to Sioux Falls.

The rule about keeping conference teams separated was also ignored because he has the 2 AAC teams set to play in the S16.

The bird's nest of siting rules has gotten so crazy that I would be happy if the committee just sited the one seeds according to geography and let the S curve decide the rest.

Reactions: 1 person
If Kentucky can get a 4 seed they would be the host team in Lexington and under the current guidelines neither S Car nor Tenn could be put in the same region.

I don't think Kentucky will be near good enough to be a #5 seed. They recently lose three players and depth may be a problem for the Cats.

Not really. There isn't one poll in which tOSU is 8th and if he simply used a poll then UConn would have the No 8 team in their region as the 2. He got around the Kentucky problem by making them a 5 seed and sending them to Sioux Falls.

The rule about keeping conference teams separated was also ignored because he has the 2 AAC teams set to play in the S16.

The bird's nest of siting rules has gotten so crazy that I would be happy if the committee just sited the one seeds according to geography and let the S curve decide the rest.

He didn't ignore the rule about the same conferences in the same region. South Florida is the 5, so in theory they won't make it to the Sweet 16 by losing to #4 Texas A&M.

Great points about UK in Lexington. As I mentioned in another thread, I know a lot of folks get off on rooting for the SEC (I do not). That's fine if you feel that way, but if you are a South Carolina or Tennessee fan you need to make an exception for UK the next three years. Otherwise our teams are going to get shipped out of region. Ideally next year UK is a 5 or worse and the SEC champion gets sent to Lexington. Although in the event South Carolina and UT get a 1 seed I could see them sending us there for to save ticket sales.

Unless I missed it, he has no Southern Conference champ and Chattanooga is ranked 25 in the AP poll. I know it's preseason, but if you're going to take the time to do a bracket, you should at least try and make it credible.

Unless I missed it, he has no Southern Conference champ and Chattanooga is ranked 25 in the AP poll. I know it's preseason, but if you're going to take the time to do a bracket, you should at least try and make it credible.

Chattanooga is the#6 seed in the Lexington bracket.

off topic and ijmvvho, Tn fans should completely fill tba for the sc game. every seat!

if they are battling for a top spot, git er done!

Reactions: 3 people

It's not necessarily that simple.

If Tennessee ends up number four they go to Dallas.

If Tennessee is number three, ahead of Notre Dame, they still go to Dallas rather than Sioux Falls, and Notre Dame goes to Sioux Falls.

If Baylor is five they go to Dallas. But if Baylor is six and Ohio State is five they don't send Ohio State to Dallas, there are three closer locations for Ohio State so Ohio State five and Baylor six still sends Baylor to Dallas.

If Louisville ends up ranked ahead of Baylor, they don't send Louisville out to Dallas. So Louisville five, Ohio State six and Baylor seven still sends Baylor to Dallas.

In other words, I've identified six different orders of finish that all send Tennessee to Dallas with Baylor

Last edited:

VN Store

Back