Union vs LSU

teacherdean

Enjoying some women's basketball. Union is giving LSU all it can handle. It has been touch and go. LSU is up by 7. The game is on Watchespn.

Reactions: 1 person
I want to state upfront that this is not a bash on women's basketball...I see lots of Vol Nation talk on here about women's basketball. Do you all that watch the women's game also watch the men's game? I love sports but after watching the men I find the women's game too slow for me. I see very little jump, lots of missed layups, and even some hitting the bottom of the backboard when under the basket. I have watched enough to see there are a "few" women whom play the game at a high level, but there are few teams with enough of those players to keep the game going at a quality pace. I think that is why UCONN has been on top for so long. For you hard core fans, what is it about the game that makes it exciting? Thanks

I want to state upfront that this is not a bash on women's basketball...I see lots of Vol Nation talk on here about women's basketball. Do you all that watch the women's game also watch the men's game? I love sports but after watching the men I find the women's game too slow for me. I see very little jump, lots of missed layups, and even some hitting the bottom of the backboard when under the basket. I have watched enough to see there are a "few" women whom play the game at a high level, but there are few teams with enough of those players to keep the game going at a quality pace. I think that is why UCONN has been on top for so long. For you hard core fans, what is it about the game that makes it exciting? Thanks

The boy game they either shoot a 3 ball or dunk run no plays. The girls runs plays and passes the ball a lot more. :clapping:

Reactions: 7 people

I watch men's basketball sometimes, but I am not nearly as big a fan of men's basketball as I am of women's basketball. In my opinion, men's basketball involves a lot of showboating and often is more about individual players and what they do to draw attention to themselves as opposed to how their team works as a unit. Women's basketball is in many ways more fundamentally sound; it's not a dunking contest or a track meet, and for most of the players (there are a few exceptions), it doesn't involve grandstanding or showing off. John Wooden once commented on the purity of women's basketball, and I agree. I much prefer to watch a women's game and find women's basketball more entertaining than men's basketball. I have little to no interest in watching a back-and-forth dunking contest.

Reactions: 3 people
I watch men's basketball sometimes, but I am not nearly as big a fan of men's basketball as I am of women's basketball. In my opinion, men's basketball involves a lot of showboating and often is more about individual players and what they do to draw attention to themselves as opposed to how their team works as a unit. Women's basketball is in many ways more fundamentally sound; it's not a dunking contest or a track meet, and for most of the players (there are a few exceptions), it doesn't involve grandstanding or showing off. John Wooden once commented on the purity of women's basketball, and I agree. I much prefer to watch a women's game and find women's basketball more entertaining than men's basketball. I have little to no interest in watching a back-and-forth dunking contest.

I agree w/this also. I look forward to the Lady Vols games each year but I don't care at all what happens in the WNBA or NBA.

I prefer to watch Lady Vol basketball because it is an excellent representation for the State where I was born, reminds me of the exciting days as a young kid watching my sisters playing hs ball. but mostly I like watching beautiful healthy young ladies playing a great game. As long as they are wearing Tn orange! :)

...For you hard core fans, what is it about the game that makes it exciting? Thanks

The first thing I like about it is that it's not men's basketball. The second thing I like about it is that it's not men's basketball. The third thing I like about it is that it's not men's basketball. Oh, by the way, this is not meant to bash men's basketball.

Reactions: 4 people
Go Union!

Never thought I'd ever say them werds! my relatives mostly fought fer the South. lol

For you hard core fans, what is it about the game that makes it exciting? Thanks

if you want to see championship basketball,you need to be watching the Lady Vols

I do watch the mens team play,but the Ladys game is more fun to watch,at least to me

like some have said,the mens game is more of a track meet other than some basketball fundamentals

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back