Diamond DeShields, Now A Lady Vol, Would Love To Play The Huskies

From the article

When Geno Auriemma walked into the room Tuesday for women's college basketball media day at ESPN, DeShields stood and gave the Hall of Fame coach a big hug. She calls UConn "the juggernaut." Despite how others have felt or still feel, DeShields says she wants to play the Huskies.

"People hate UConn. People love UConn," she said. "You admire what they're doing. There's no way you can't. UConn is the best. I have close friends that play there. I love to see their success. I have nothing bad to say about UConn. Yeah, you want to play against them. I wish we could.

Reactions: 2 people
they wanted a buck from me stubbs no idea why,unless they have seen some of my post on here lol

thanks for the post linkster:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
We could play them this season in the tourney. We'll never play them in the regular season as long as Coach Summit is alive plus Geno put that crazy thought that Tennessee had to apologize to the Moore's.

I like that Diamond wants to play against the best of the best... hopefully this encourage her mates to play hard for 40 minutes, every game so they'll go deep into the tourney

I don't know how to take the first paragraph from Geno, but the 2nd paragraph he is 100% right on the money!

"There was never any doubt she (Diamond) was the kind of talent coming out of high school that could have kind of a Maya [Moore] impact on a program," Auriemma said. "It was managing all the other stuff that went along with it that was going to be an issue for wherever she went. Now that she's at a place that's used to that, they know how to do that somewhat."

"Just by your program's culture, who you are and how you do things almost can guarantee you a Sweet 16 spot. Those next two weekends, it's a player, maybe two if you're lucky, who then takes over and gets you to Tuesday night [for the national title]. They haven't had that player. I think they do now."

Yes he's 100% correct on the 2nd paragraph. I don't like the somewhat on the 1st paragraph but it's Geno. He can't give us too much credit lol.

This Lady Vol team is poised to make a major run in the tourney. Uconn knows what DD brings to the table.

I love that underline cockiness of hers. It's sooooo CP3.. Like literally she's like its and opinion a educated opinion but nevertheless an opinion.. Basically saying their best has nothing on me SC who,, We are TENNESSEE.. I am sooooooooooooo ready for this season

VN Store

Back