Third Player Leaving KY Women's Program

kinda of makes one wonder,but she is a freshmen,they may have not just got along very well,so it is hard to tell

Who was the second one?

From the article: "Rich becomes the third player to leave the program in as many weeks behind starting guard Linnae Harper, who unexpectedly asked for a release last week, and Chrishae Rowe, who was dismissed by Matthew Mitchell in October “for failure to uphold standards of the program." "

When I met Mitchell back in August he seemed in a weird mood, almost quiet, not the usual I see. Asked how everything is going and he said something like "alright but it could be better". Definitely something behind the scenes going on. 9 players on the roster w/out Epps back yet.

Sure hope this is the last one.

I don't necessarily want to wish any ill upon a specific team however it bears mentioning the closer we get to the season that it is not in our best interest for UK to do well the next three years.

Rupp in Lexington is essentially the "South" regional host site for womens basketball the next three years. As long as UK is a top 16 seed they are guaranteed to play there and if bracketing principles around teams from the same conference are in play will mean UT and USC will be sent off to either Bridgeport CT (UConn regional), Dallas, or Sioux City, SD. I do not want to leave that decision up to the committee. Have to believe if UK is not Top 16 they will put UT in Lexington.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
there is no telling what the NCAA will do as far as who is playing in what bracket,i asume there are some rules,but they will change them according to what they like

the Lady Vols need to kick some butt and decide there own destiny in the Tournament

Reactions: 1 person
Another player previously transferred to WKU, Jaycee Coe from Gainesboro, TN. Would love for Morgan Rich to transfer to WKU which is only 25 miles from her hometown. I met her several years ago while officiating her HS volleyball games. Very nice and well mannered young lady. Good luck to her.

Mitchell is in a tough position given the overwhelming success of the men's team and recruiting ability. And his team hit a peak and the expectations of fans (would you believe) expected continued progress up the mountain of elite teams and and .

Many ways to speculate as to what were the expectations for this year and how were they conveyed to players and how did each individual player respond.

home sickness, reduced playing time, too many requirements on the non fun parts of preparation, and/or a tendency to talk back. Managing time for practice and classes while maturing in college is without doubt taxing.

I once witnessed Pat's response to two freshmen (one who was integral throughout her career and the other who transferred) who were talking while she taught.

Is something going on in Lexington that we don't know about? 3 players in 3 weeks could mean they didn't like the water or wasn't going to get much playing time. Too much expectations this year for that program right now for this to had happen. Hope HCM don't lose any more.

Is something going on in Lexington that we don't know about? 3 players in 3 weeks could mean they didn't like the water or wasn't going to get much playing time. Too much expectations this year for that program right now for this to had happen. Hope HCM don't lose any more.

it is interesting to know what is going on in Ky,but i'd have to rate there problems as a I don't really care much :)

yeah, what goes on with kensucky ain't my concern either. hope they lose every game, unless they play uconn.

Mark Richt has lost control of the Lady Cats.
(He may be be at Georgia much longer and I want to get as many Richt jokes in as I can)

Harper is visiting Ohio state later this month, they were a finalist when she picked Kentucky.

Ohio State is going to continue to be a problem for UK recruiting now that Kevin McGuff is in charge. Many of the greats in Lexington over the years (think Walker, Bishop, Rice, etc.) were all Ohio natives.

VN Store

Back