Taylor Rowland injury

peachstatevolgirl

Anybody know what happened to Taylor Rowland of the Vols softball team? I follow her on Instagram. I see she's on the road to recovery. Recovery from what exactly? Thought she played fall ball... What did I miss?

volcrazy, when did this happen, and will she make it back for the season? Thanks pal.

volcrazy, when did this happen, and will she make it back for the season? Thanks pal.

TBH, I'm not positive how it happened. I know one of her friends was wishing her luck with her ACL surgery on social media (I think Twitter but could've been IG) and there were pics of her on crutches a couple weeks ago.

Unfortunately, it is hard to get any real information about collegiate sports teams or the players on the teams. There will be injuries but fans will often not know or hear about them because there are no announcements from the team or athletic department. Some of it is related to the privacy obsession that some schools have nowadays--"we mustn't mention that Emma Fastballer has a strained elbow as that is super-sensitive information that could be deemed invasive"--and some of it is just the fact that universities only really disseminate positive PR fluff. I get that, to a point--PR fluff is part and parcel of big business America--but the team's fans are left scrambling for hard facts. And let's begin the countdown until someone replies by saying that YOU are not entitled to know ANYTHING! Poor fans.

Reactions: 1 person
your right armchair,it is hard to find information about womens sports anyway and the University's attitude these days doesn't help at all

Unfortunately, it is hard to get any real information about collegiate sports teams or the players on the teams. There will be injuries but fans will often not know or hear about them because there are no announcements from the team or athletic department. Some of it is related to the privacy obsession that some schools have nowadays--"we mustn't mention that Emma Fastballer has a strained elbow as that is super-sensitive information that could be deemed invasive"--and some of it is just the fact that universities only really disseminate positive PR fluff. I get that, to a point--PR fluff is part and parcel of big business America--but the team's fans are left scrambling for hard facts. And let's begin the countdown until someone replies by saying that YOU are not entitled to know ANYTHING! Poor fans.

I know this post is a shot at me and that's fine. But I maintain what I've always said, I don't believe fans are entitled to injury information if a player does not want it released.

When a player wants it released, they usually post it themselves on social media, Hannah Wilkinson of the soccer team is a great example. But if an athlete does not want it out there, then the school should not and will not put it out.

I know you disagree for whatever reason, but being a fan of a team does not entitle you to know the personal details of members of the team. Period.

Actually, DP, you can take that statement one step further because, under HIPAA, unless the individual authorizes the release of information, the University "cannot" releasse any information.

Jim

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back