Linnae Harper transferring from Kentucky

but why is it sad? Certainly not for UT, she was one of the better Wildkitties.

she played out of position a lot at Kentucky, I think that is playing a round in this Kentucky played a 3 guard offense a lot and at 5'6" she spent most of the time guarding/playing the 3 spot where most of the players she went up against was atleast 6'0, I doubt if she is granted the ok to transfer in conference so I think she ends up elsewhere (not at SC) her style of play is perfect for C.Vivian Stringer and Rutgers thats the type of guard they are known to recruit, but the other schools she considered was us, Miami, Ohio State, & UCLA and if we are out her best chance to win is at Ohio State & they become real scary if she goes there and its not to far from her state (about a 5 hour drive)

she played out of position a lot at Kentucky, I think that is playing a round in this Kentucky played a 3 guard offense a lot and at 5'6" she spent most of the time guarding/playing the 3 spot where most of the players she went up against was atleast 6'0, I doubt if she is granted the ok to transfer in conference so I think she ends up elsewhere (not at SC) her style of play is perfect for C.Vivian Stringer and Rutgers thats the type of guard they are known to recruit, but the other schools she considered was us, Miami, Ohio State, & UCLA and if we are out her best chance to win is at Ohio State & they become real scary if she goes there and its not to far from her state (about a 5 hour drive)

She had no real position. She didn't possess traditional guard skills, and was too small to effectively play the forward position in college.

Personally, I didn't think she was as good as her HS ranking suggested, but I will admit she played with a lot of heart and rebounded like she was 6 inches taller.

I was sitting next to a KY fan at SEC tourney and they said she was hard headed, wanted to do things her way. Mentioned that sometimes while playing she lost focus or something like that. I think she and MM bumped heads.

He gave her an 'unconditional' transfer because she/he already know where she is going. Makes him/program look better for 'unconditional', but if it was an SEC school, he would of said no. She fit in well with the SEC style of play I thought.

Reactions: 1 person
He gave her an 'unconditional' transfer because she/he already know where she is going. Makes him/program look better for 'unconditional', but if it was an SEC school, he would of said no. She fit in well with the SEC style of play I thought.

So how soon before an announcement is made as to where she ends up

So how soon before an announcement is made as to where she ends up

If a player is planning to transfer to an NCAA or an NAIA university, they first have to receive written permission from their current school to talk with other coaches first. Once completed, then they begin to contact the coach/school they are interested in. My guess would be two weeks.

strange time to transfer in that she has practiced this semester. One could speculate that differences escalated between coach and player leading to a mutual agreement to quietly move on.

Hope she doesn't take that attitude to Northwestern... I saw them last season they truly have a gem in Nia Coffey

I thought Northwestern too or Depaul because they are close to home but I think she also wants a chance at a Final Four

Interesting quote from Mitchell: “We have another challenging schedule this season, especially in the nonconference, and it’s important we don’t waste any opportunity to improve this preseason as we head into our season opener vs. Rice.”
Doesn't he think the conference schedule is very challenging?

Interesting quote from Mitchell: “We have another challenging schedule this season, especially in the nonconference, and it’s important we don’t waste any opportunity to improve this preseason as we head into our season opener vs. Rice.”
Doesn't he think the conference schedule is very challenging?

Bet he's glad he only has to play us once this year. :)::dance2::)

VN Store

Back