Devotie left?

peachstatevolgirl

So... I noticed Hannah Devotie is no longer on the roster. No biggie, as she only pinch ran, but are there any other exits I should take note of? Excluding Koenig and Aldrete, of course.

Here is the new roster and I think she is the only one besides the two that transferred back to California.

Official Softball Roster - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

Question: Why are we losing young (Ladies) talent so early in the year? I mean besides homesick why do they commit to come here then ask for a transfer back out after 1Season or whatever the reason is..Can't they see that the Vol Nation here in Rocky Top is strong & could use them & their talents to help guide the team to greater heights (CWWS)?? Rant over now returning you back to your regular program..lol

Question: Why are we losing young (Ladies) talent so early in the year? I mean besides homesick why do they commit to come here then ask for a transfer back out after 1Season or whatever the reason is..Can't they see that the Vol Nation here in Rocky Top is strong & could use them & their talents to help guide the team to greater heights (CWWS)?? Rant over now returning you back to your regular program..lol

Aldrete left because of the death of a friend and wanted to be close to home again. Koenig have no idea probably homesick for California. I suspect a player like Devote lost scholarship money because of all the new signee.
Young people leave in every sport we lose no more in softball than football etc.

Some players leave because they get recruited over, playing time goes down, and that is not good for them. I think, correct me if wrong, that Koenig was benched some late last year because she was hitting so poorly. She might have worried about her playing time going time, wasn't feeling confident about her place on the team--and after Aldrete made her odd, unfortunate decision to leave, it was easy for Koenig to follow.

Aldrete left because of the death of a friend and wanted to be close to home again. Koenig have no idea probably homesick for California. I suspect a player like Devote lost scholarship money because of all the new signee.
Young people leave in every sport we lose no more in softball than football etc.

Devotie was a walk-on, not receiving any money. It's not uncommon for walk-ons to give it up after a season or two. A lot of work for very little payoff.

Reactions: 1 person
Devotie was a walk-on, not receiving any money. It's not uncommon for walk-ons to give it up after a season or two. A lot of work for very little payoff.

I can understand her looking for some scholarship money or playing time elsewhere

I would like to see the NCAA have more scholarships for softball,what was the number ? it wasn't much

Devotie, Ybarra and Norris (also a walk-on) left. It's rare for a walk-on to last four years. I think Devotie and Norris are still at UT as students, but not positive. Ybarra went to Loyola-Marymount.

I can understand her looking for some scholarship money or playing time elsewhere

I would like to see the NCAA have more scholarships for softball,what was the number ? it wasn't much

She stayed at UT as a normal student, like most of the former walk-ons that have left the program.

VN Store

Back