Tamika Catchings Deserves Respect

hokievol12

Anyone watching Tuesday night's WNBA game saw one of basketball's greatest ever players targeted by inept officals and relegated to bench warmer for simply breathing heavy on Minnesota players. Fever head coach, White, called it a "travesty" in post game comments and will probably be slammed with a hefty fine but for her not to say something would have been an even greater travesty. Maya Moore and Whalen drew completely bogus fouls on Catchings several times...and Maya Moore can foul repeatedly without a whistle ever blowing. No wonder there are critics who maintain the WNBA is a joke! The technical called on the Fever's Johnson was also a travesty...completely insane. I can see now why Minnesota is 19-3 in post season play on their home court...they OWN the officials!

Reactions: 8 people
wnba.com posted this story after the game.
Catchings Vows Team Will Be Ready For Game 3 - WNBA
I feel this is their way saying, yeah, you got screwed ....

I had to stop watching it in the 2nd half. It was clear the team could of taken it away in the 2nd half but the ref's refused to call any contact when we (Ind) penetrated the paint to get shots. Catch drove the lane, literally got hit in the head by Augustus, still able to get the shot off and miss, gets her own rebound, Moore fouls her, and still no call. It was clear that the ref's wanted it close. How many times did Fowles go over the back? I understand it's WNBA, but come on! Friday's home game is going to be sold out and I'm really excited for Catch and the fever to take a 3-1 lead after the home/home series.

To bring this back to Tennessee this year...

The Fever are going up against Fowles, Moore, Augustus, Whalen, Brunson and holding their own all due to defense. Catch is literally the only 'power' star on the team, but the team is managing to still win/keep it close against a offensive power house. Our own team (Tennessee) is very capable of doing the same to any team in the country with our defense. The Fever currently has January scoring in double digits with Catch, and Coleman is hitting the outside 3. The Fever lineup isn't scary at all, but they carry a work horse attitude that is built on Catching's defense.
Will Diamond be our Catch? I don't think so. Catching is her own, and nobody can duplicate her, but I think Diamond can be the player to bring an energy we haven't seen in a long time.
Go Fever!

Reactions: 6 people
Anyone watching Tuesday night's WNBA game saw one of basketball's greatest ever players targeted by inept officals and relegated to bench warmer for simply breathing heavy on Minnesota players. Fever head coach, White, called it a "travesty" in post game comments and will probably be slammed with a hefty fine but for her not to say something would have been an even greater travesty. Maya Moore and Whalen drew completely bogus fouls on Catchings several times...and Maya Moore can foul repeatedly without a whistle ever blowing. No wonder there are critics who maintain the WNBA is a joke! The technical called on the Fever's Johnson was also a travesty...completely insane. I can see now why Minnesota is 19-3 in post season play on their home court...they OWN the officials!

SO glad you posted this.... I am really beginning to see how the league baby's Maya... and lets her get away with some real with I think are dirty type plays ..being overly aggressive. It was really pissing me off I don't know if the WNBA need the ratings and need to extend this series ...but last night was a Sham...

Reactions: 5 people
Totally agree with the first 3 posts. I won't say anything else until I cool down because I would get banned.

I'll be back!

Reactions: 4 people
SO glad you posted this.... I am really beginning to see how the league baby's Maya... and lets her get away with some real with I think are dirty type plays ..being overly aggressive. It was really pissing me off I don't know if the WNBA need the ratings and need to extend this series ...but last night was a Sham...

It's not just Maya it's anything Uconn which truly upsets me. Candace Parker returned late and got her team into the playoffs averaging nearly a triple double and didn't win the MVP when she carried her team to the post season and who was it awarded to (the former UConn recruit that turned on them Delle Don and I am not saying she didn't deserve it but LA without parker was 3-15 and she returned and they finished something like 15-17. Then you add that Minnesota is filled with Uconn players (Moore, Asjah Jones, Renee Montgomery, and Kalanna Green) and look how they hype every player from Uconn in the draft (Stewie, Moore, KML, Hartley, Dolson, Tina Charles) I can go on and on. Espn does the same thing it's like they have to support UConn or they feel no one will watch it which isn't the case. Look at what Catchings is doing for Indy, what Candace did for LA, what Kara was doing for Washington before getting hurt but there is rare mention of it. Parker is the reason the US won the Gold the last time and it was with Geno really not wanting to play her and she also had a triple double the other day (and Geno still doesn't want to play her because she choose us without even considering his program)

Reactions: 5 people
It's not just Maya it's anything Uconn which truly upsets me. Candace Parker returned late and got her team into the playoffs averaging nearly a triple double and didn't win the MVP when she carried her team to the post season and who was it awarded to (the former UConn recruit that turned on them Delle Don and I am not saying she didn't deserve it but LA without parker was 3-15 and she returned and they finished something like 15-17. Then you add that Minnesota is filled with Uconn players (Moore, Asjah Jones, Renee Montgomery, and Kalanna Green) and look how they hype every player from Uconn in the draft (Stewie, Moore, KML, Hartley, Dolson, Tina Charles) I can go on and on. Espn does the same thing it's like they have to support UConn or they feel no one will watch it which isn't the case. Look at what Catchings is doing for Indy, what Candace did for LA, what Kara was doing for Washington before getting hurt but there is rare mention of it. Parker is the reason the US won the Gold the last time and it was with Geno really not wanting to play her and she also had a triple double the other day (and Geno still doesn't want to play her because she choose us without even considering his program)

UConn is the preferred flavor right now. When we return to the top of WCBB, then we will have the press following our players around. BTW, Parker was second in minutes played in the National teams' first game (triple double) and led in minutes played in their second game (double double).

Reactions: 3 people
I agree with that,I was pissed at the way Geno treated Candace in the Olympics. I thought Taurasi played awful but she wasn't replaced in the lineup. They would not have won it without Candace coming in and saving the day! Geno's comment when asked by Candace's impact on the game was "she needed to play like that all the time" He gave her no credit! He barely acknowledged her triple double. If it had been a uconner he would have said something smug like of course she did she's one of the best players in the world!!

Reactions: 7 people
UConn is the preferred flavor right now. When we return to the top of WCBB, then we will have the press following our players around. BTW, Parker was second in minutes played in the National teams' first game (triple double) and led in minutes played in their second game (double double).
well said...

Catchings and Moore are both great players who get the spotlight when they are winning. You know thats how it goes.

UConn is the HOT college team right now so of course they'll get a bulk of the press. Teams, fans, players and coaches need to step their game up and stop B&Moaning.

read the Boneyard there's nothing but love for Catchings. stop sounding soooo petty

Reactions: 1 person

BTW, he wasn't referring to only those two games but the Olympics, where GENO decided to bench Parker for whatever reason.

Reactions: 3 people
BTW, he wasn't referring to only those two games but the Olympics, where GENO decided to bench Parker for whatever reason.

Yes, mlindsay was quite clear in his/her post, referencing
" Parker is the reason the US won the Gold the last time"
along with " (and Geno still doesn't want to play her because she choose us without even considering his program)". There wasn't any reason for me to include the "last time" as I didn't have anything to add to that situation. I included CP's minutes played for the national team in the first 2 games they played on the current tour because it added information about CP and the current national team. BTW. In the last game the national team played (the 3rd out of 4), Parker played the fewest minutes (17).
Their toughest game will be played this afternoon at 1pm our time according to the USAB website.
USA Basketball Women's National Team Schedule

Here is a link to a stream of the game
ZVVZ USK Praha - USA (?eny, p?ítelské utkání) - Basketbal na TVCOM
Though their countdown clock says it starts in about 13 hours. Something's off.

Parker didn't get benched. She only started 3 games because she refused to play the 5. If she had started Catchings would have sat and you would be on Geno for that.

You make it sound like Parker spent the championships sitting when in fact she took more shots than everyone on the team other than Charles.

Parker started 3 of 8 games. Moore started 5 of 8. Did Geno sit Moore those 3 games out of vindictiveness because she didn't win the NC for him her senior year?
:rolleyes:

Parker didn't get benched. She only started 3 games because she refused to play the 5. If she had started Catchings would have sat and you would be on Geno for that.

You make it sound like Parker spent the championships sitting when in fact she took more shots than everyone on the team other than Charles.

Parker started 3 of 8 games. Moore started 5 of 8. Did Geno sit Moore those 3 games out of vindictiveness because she didn't win the NC for him her senior year?
:rolleyes:

Parker never refused to play the 5, you can make thing up but we don't have to beleave you and we don't

Parker never refused to play the 5, you can make thing up but we don't have to beleave you and we don't

I never expected you to believe it. Didn't realize you also speak for the entire board. But it's what I read at the time and it fits with Parker's aversion to banging in the paint. I don't recall ever reading about Geno being vindictive toward Parker anywhere but on a LV message board.

I never expected you to believe it. Didn't realize you also speak for the entire board. But it's what I read at the time and it fits with Parker's aversion to banging in the paint. I don't recall ever reading about Geno being vindictive toward Parker anywhere but on a LV message board.
I'm sure you have not, go sell some more pocketbooks.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back