Ralph & karen weekly to speak at wednesday press conference

they did bring up pitching by committee for the upcoming season and there talking about making improvements on the Defensive side of the game ,in the fundamentals and execution,which needs a lot of improvement this coming season over last seasons play

Why pitching by commitee ? I thought they had some good freshman pitchers recruited for the upcoming season.

Why pitching by commitee ? I thought they had some good freshman pitchers recruited for the upcoming season.

Agreed. Is this somehow a signal that Gabriel is not healthy and won't be ready, and thus they rotate the freshman in and out till they find one that can carry the load? Just speculating.

Agreed. Is this somehow a signal that Gabriel is not healthy and won't be ready, and thus they rotate the freshman in and out till they find one that can carry the load? Just speculating.

I know you have watched the video :) and they said it was the way the game is going these days,having multiple pitchers ready to go

they never did mention Gabriel being injured and hopefully she is ready to go this year

They said that pitching by committee is the new style in softball. That coaches and players could catch up on one or two pitchers in a three game series and that it was now best to always have extra pitchers to keep hitters off guard.
This is the way baseball does it these days you have your starters, middle relief people and closers. I think this is what they were saying was happening in softball. I suspect we want see many complete games this season from the Lady Vols. I suspect we may see four to five pitchers in a series.

and it could just be,because there are a lot of young arms coming in and there waiting on one to take over too :)

They said that pitching by committee is the new style in softball. That coaches and players could catch up on one or two pitchers in a three game series and that it was now best to always have extra pitchers to keep hitters off guard.

This. There are only a handful of pitchers in the nation that can eat innings against SEC hitters. Hitters have gotten much much much better just in the last 5 years. Every team uses video, analytics, special training aids, etc. I'm seeing this even at the travel ball level, where there are much less fewer girls that can dominate a game pitching.

VN Store

Back