Allstar Lady Vols Basketball Team

mlindsay

I had a conversation (or shall I say more like a heated debate) with one of my co-workers who is a hardcore UConn about which program has had the best talent, produced the most stars, assistant coaches, (in a nutshell who has had the best program over the history of Women's Basketball) We both agreed to disagree (as I stood up for my Lady Vols and rightfully so he stood up for his UConn Huskies. For the sake of this thread though I would like to know who would you list as your Allstar Lady Vols Basketball Team?

Copy the outline below and respond!

Head Coach: Pat Summit
Assistant Coach# 1-
Assistant Coach # 2-
Assistant Coach #3-

Starters
PG-
SG-
SF-
PF-
C-

Bench
PG-
SG-
SF-
PF-
C-

2 Players who doesn't get the credit/resepect they deserve (But is/was very important to the Lady Vols Basketball Program)

I am looking forward to the responses!

If you could freeze them at their highest potential in their career:

Toss up D. Charles/B. Gordon
Holdsclaw
Catchings
Parker
Toss up between Marciniak/Lawson

UCONN:
Lobo
toss up between Cash/Jones
Moore
Taurasi
Bird

Tennessee has had the best bigs ever in Womens Basketball. Uconn has had the best guards ever in Womens Basketball. I think the nod goes to Tennessee because the guards wouldn't survive a game against our perimeter defense/interior defense.

Holdsclaw
Catchings
Parker

UCONN:
Lobo
Moore
Taurasi
Bird

Tennessee has had the best bigs ever in Womens Basketball. Uconn has had the best guards ever in Womens Basketball. I think the nod goes to Tennessee because the guards wouldn't survive a game against our perimeter defense/interior defense.

I agree! Defensively we would be tough to beat also we have potential Triple Doubles from 3 players every time they touch the floor (Parker, Catching, Holdsclaw) Also Parker's ability to handle Point Guard duties at 6'4" would be tough for them to match! I wouldn't mind seeing it in a celebrity type game against these players

I had a conversation (or shall I say more like a heated debate) with one of my co-workers who is a hardcore UConn about which program has had the best talent, produced the most stars, assistant coaches, (in a nutshell who has had the best program over the history of Women's Basketball) We both agreed to disagree (as I stood up for my Lady Vols and rightfully so he stood up for his UConn Huskies. For the sake of this thread though I would like to know who would you list as your Allstar Lady Vols Basketball Team?

Copy the outline below and respond!

Head Coach: Pat Summit
Assistant Coach# 1-
Assistant Coach # 2-
Assistant Coach #3-

Starters
PG-
SG-
SF-
PF-
C-

Bench
PG-
SG-
SF-
PF-
C-

2 Players who doesn't get the credit/resepect they deserve (But is/was very important to the Lady Vols Basketball Program)

I am looking forward to the responses!

My opinion:

UCONN's starting 5 of Stewart, Taurasi, Moore, Lobo and Bird.

Montgomery, Cash, Wolters, Rizzotti, Sales, and Abrosimova off the bench.

*****destroys*****

UT's starting 5 of Parker, Holdsclaw, Catchings, Lawson, and Daedra Charles.

Marciniak, Randall, McCray, Edwards, Stricklen, and Bridgette Gordon off the bench.

It'd be a relatively low scoring game because of the athletes on the floor playing D but UCONN wins that matchup 67-52.

My opinion:

*****destroys*****

Marciniak, Randall, McCray, Edwards, Stricklen, and Bridgette Gordon off the bench.

It'd be a relatively low scoring game because of the athletes on the floor playing D but UCONN wins that matchup 67-52.

No way.

I think the superior All-star team would be Tennessee's following line-up:
Tamika Catchings
Candace Parker
Chamique Holdsclaw
Bridgette Gordon
Tonya Edwards

To assure victory over whatever CT arranges:
Daedra Charles and Sheila Frost would provide inside help off the bench.
Michelle Marciniak and Sheila Collins would provide backcourt options.
Angie Bjorkland would provide the missing offensive dimension.

Holdsclaw
Catchings
Parker

UCONN:
Lobo
Moore
Taurasi
Bird

Tennessee has had some very good post players, but so has LA Tech with Janice Lawrence, Pam Kelly, Venus Lacy, Erica Westbrook, Alisa Burras, Racquel Spurlock, Tori Harrison, and so on. Connecticut has had some of the best guards offensively. Taurasi makes them a contender with her offensive abilities alone. (I am not a UConn fan, she has been a heartbreaker in the NCAA tournament).

Holdsclaw, Catchings, Parker, Daedra Charles, and Marciniak/Lawson/Bobbitt. Add in Tiffany Johnson, maybe Dana Johnson, definitely Nikki McCray (that was my heart on the floor), Dena Head (she could score), Abbe Conklin (big girl could hit a three), Latina Davis.

My opinion:

*****destroys*****

Lol that's funny.

Reactions: 1 person
I would have loved this thread even more had it not included anything UCONN...we could have just done an all star team for the the Lady Vols.

Starting Line Up
Kara Lawson
Semeka Randall
Chamique Holdsclaw
Tamika Catchings
Candace Parker

Bench
Latina Davis
Loree Moore
Gwen Jackson
Shyra Ely
Nicky Anosike
Glory Johnson
Daedra Charles
Sidney Spencer
... This is hard lol because I want to throw Lisa Harrison McCray Hornbuckle T.Edwards and Bridgette Gordon in there... Oh Tasha Butts and Michelle Snow maybe Tye Fluker hmmm Fluker or Anosike

Starting Line Up
Kara Lawson
Semeka Randall
Chamique Holdsclaw
Tamika Catchings
Candace Parker

Bench
Latina Davis
Loree Moore
Gwen Jackson
Shyra Ely
Nicky Anosike
Glory Johnson
Daedra Charles
Sidney Spencer
... This is hard lol because I want to throw Lisa Harrison McCray Hornbuckle T.Edwards and Bridgette Gordon in there... Oh Tasha Butts and Michelle Snow maybe Tye Fluker hmmm Fluker or Anosike

I said the same thing! This is extremely difficult (especially the bench players) because you add someone and then you feel like you forgot someone but from the 3-5 positions we have had some of the best players to play Women's Basketball imo

Gotta fit at least one of these from my era on your team: Trish Roberts, Cindy Brogdon and Holly Warlick. There is no video on them since they played in the late '70s. But I saw them play a lot and they were good.

Last edited:
Gotta fit at least one of these from my era on your team: Patricia Roberts, Cindy Brogdon and Holly Warlick. There is no video on them since they played in the late '70s. But I saw them play a lot and they were good.

In their prime would they have been able to keep up with a Parker, Holdsclaw, Bobbitt, Catchings, MCray? Just asking.

In their prime would they have been able to keep up with a Parker, Holdsclaw, Bobbitt, Catchings, MCray? Just asking.
Its tough for me to remember enough detail from 35+ years ago and to compare between eras, but I do remember Holly was all over the court and could handle the ball really well and play solid D. So, possibly her.

Starting Lineup:

Daedra Charles
Candace Parker
Bridgette Gordon
Chamique Holdsclaw
Tamika Catchings

Bench:

Kara Lawson
Tonya Edwards
Semeka Randall
Dena Head
Nicky Anosike

Two players that don't get the credit/respect they deserve:

Shannon Bobbitt
Alexis Hornbuckle

Would Parker, Holdsclaw, Bobbitt, Catchings, and McCray (Nikki, I presume you mean) been themselves--as we know them--had their playing eras been in the 70s?

I would say the nature of the game predicated by the competition of the time would have configured them similar to the field of players they would be facing.

Starters
PG- Holly Warlick
SG- Kara Lawson
SF- Bridgette Gordon
PF- Tamika Catchings
C- Candace Parker

Bench
G- Semeka Randall
G- Michelle Marciniak
F- Chamique Holdsclaw
F- Nikki McCray
C- Daedre Charles

Starters
PG- Holly Warlick
SG- Kara Lawson
SF- Bridgette Gordon
PF- Tamika Catchings
C- Candace Parker

Bench
G- Semeka Randall
G- Michelle Marciniak
F- Chamique Holdsclaw
F- Nikki McCray
C- Daedre Charles
With all seriousness, how can you leave a 3x NCAA champion and one of the best women's college basketball players to ever play, out of the starting line up?

Reactions: 4 people
With all seriousness, how can you leave a 3x NCAA champion and one of the best women's college basketball players to ever play, out of the starting line up?

We're talking about three of the best to ever play and my team starts only two forwards. I've always liked Catchings more than Holdsclaw, and well, Bridgette is like my favorite Lady Vol so she starts on my team.

Last edited:
we need an all time hot lv team selection so I'll start off with Nia Moore, lisa Harrison, C Parker, K Dunbar, and drum roll please..... assistant coach Mickey Demoss..

lol

VN Store

Back