Fleser column

It's official they don't want Krystalline McCune which means they are really gunning for McCoy Holmes and Cox

Actually, they are going after McCoy and Cox.

It's pretty much a fact that Holmes is going to Texas, and the staff knew this before her visit.

Two recruits is likely, but there are a few situations where Holly would take three, and those situations are not out of the question at this point.

She is probably saying that because we lead for multiple players in the 2017 class. I think we sign McCoy and Kiara Lewis for 2016.

I haven't heard us mentioned with her at all.

I did see us mentioned once with Nadia Fengall, and that we could potentially get a visit, but at this point I don't think that will happen. I think the least likely player that we will get out of the confirmed visits is Odom.

Evidently Holly thinks were in good position with two players because we would definitely sign three if they wanted to come here. I suspect a couple of the players listed are not looking good for this class. I think McCoy is a player she thinks we can get and is key for this class with Moore and Graves leaving. Personally I hope Cox and McCoy want to come regardless of who were in on in 2017.

Lady Vols

Deshields expected to be ready, Dunbar moved to power forward, maybe two signees for 2016, no La Tech game for now.
The one thing she seems to be good at and now you are taking this away from her...:eek:lol:Kortney Dunbar arrived last season as a guard, but Warlick said the 6-2 sophomore has been moved to power forward. The switch shouldn't diminish her 3-point shot attempts.

Dale Ellis was a forward, I don't recall him missing out on too many shot attempts, jus sayin. :)

free Kortney!

Is there any interest from 2017 Evina Westbrook?
ProspectsNation says she's arguable the best defender regardless of class.
(She is from Oregon, not too far from where Russell, Reynolds, and Nared played)
Five Takeaways: Check Me Out 2015 | Prospects Nation

I think Westbrook may follow her brother to Oregon State. She is good, but the 2017 class is loaded and especially the state of Georgia. I think we are recruiting the state of Georgia very hard. There is four that I hope we sign. KK, Maya Dobson, Mikayla Combs and Autumn Newby are all really really good players from the state of Georgia.

It's official they don't want Krystalline McCune which means they are really gunning for McCoy Holmes and Cox

I just hope we don't strike out on both Cox and McCoy and have already told McCune we are no longer interested because we could be thin next year in the post

I just hope we don't strike out on both Cox and McCoy and have already told McCune we are no longer interested because we could be thin next year in the post

I agree. I think ND will get Cox's services. Realistically, I think we have a greater chance of landing McCoy. Out of the big 3, McCoy is the only one to take an unofficial visit to Tennessee and that was for a one day camp. The visit went very well and I'm sure the staff made it very clear how badly they need her services. I think McCune may have gotten complacent and quit working as hard because she knew she held an offer. It was a bit odd that her hometown school Louisville wasn't even recruiting her, yet she had an offer from Tennessee. I totally understand your point, but I can understand why Tennessee may have moved on. The staff may like their chances with the 2017 class. Tennessee will need elite talent to battle UConn, ND, Duke, Baylor, SC, Maryland and Louisville the next few seasons. These other teams will be loaded.

The one thing she seems to be good at and now you are taking this away from her...:eek:lol:Kortney Dunbar arrived last season as a guard, but Warlick said the 6-2 sophomore has been moved to power forward. The switch shouldn't diminish her 3-point shot attempts.

That sounds good until you realize she had a total of 37 attempts in the 20 games in which she appeared.

Dunbar has to show she can play well in other aspects of the game, not just shooting threes, though that is an important asset. We had this issue with Zolman--remember her? A good three-point shooter (when left alone)--but wasn't very good at anything else. She was a true guard while Dunbar is a forward.

Zolman wasn't bad in my opinion.

I would go further and say she developed into a good to very good all round player.

As a freshman and sophomore, there is no question that she had many liabilities outside of her sharp shooting prowess.

But she worked very hard to improve her game and the athleticism she brought to the court.

In her senior year, she stepped and did a decent job as emergency point guard; she developed some offensive moves off the dribble and became a capable defender.

She was off to a respectable WNBA career before knee injuries derailed her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
thanks for the article OP :hi:

I liked this part

"No Tech Yet: Warlick said there were discussions with Louisiana Tech about scheduling a game this season, but talks with Tech coach Tyler Summitt were shelved for the time being. Summitt is the son of UT coaching legend Pat Summitt.

"I think he made the decision he was going to wait a little bit and I understand," Warlick said. "He's trying to build a program."

come on Tyler,it would be great to see another Summitt at The Summitt :)

Reactions: 1 person
You heard it here first-the move of Dunbar to the 4. Holly must be reading my posts. I'd like to be paid Holly.

VN Store

Back