Softball freshman

Outstanding class. Too bad Aldrete geeked on us. Weak.

Overstreet will step in behind the plate...not going to miss a beat...she has a better arm from home plate to 2nd base to throw out runners...I'm excited to watch her just play catcher this season!

Monica Abbott won another championship in pro softball tonight, beating Cat Ostermann 1-0 Ostermann retired after the game.

Abbott best softball pitcher in the world.

Reactions: 2 people
Leave their swing alone please..."There once was a .400 hitter named Krantz, Who had a most unusual stance. But with the coachÂ’s correction, His form is now perfection, But he canÂ’t hit the seat of his pants!"

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not really buying that. I know that's the story. If one is emotionally stable things like that happen in their lives and they move on. Happiness isn't a place or external.

Santa Catalina grad Annie Aldrete headed to Cal

played a role in Aldrete's transfer--and probably a big role. He was a football player who was not going to play here and had decided to transfer, which was written about before the death of Aldrete's friend. I think they decided to leave together, which is why they are /both/ now at Cal. I too think the friend story is just that...a story.

played a role in Aldrete's transfer--and probably a big role. He was a football player who was not going to play here and had decided to transfer, which was written about before the death of Aldrete's friend. I think they decided to leave together, which is why they are /both/ now at Cal. I too think the friend story is just that...a story.

Didn't realize he was her boyfriend. Seems plausible. Kind of an odd pair.

Monica Abbott won another championship in pro softball tonight, beating Cat Ostermann 1-0 Ostermann retired after the game.

Damn, I missed it! You should have called me! :)

Her boyfriend is at ASU, not Cal.

Her boyfriend is at ASU, not Cal.

Well, I've put my foot in my mouth, people. Aldrete's boyfriend is at Arizona State, I now read, not Cal, which means my boyfriend theory doesn't seem to have much validity after all. I apologize for broaching the idea--and I apologize to Aldrete, too, for making an incorrect assumption. I try to do a bit of research before popping off, but in this case not enough. I knew that Aldrete's boyfriend was a WR who was transferring--and then I read that a UT WR had transferred to Cal. That much is true. It turns out that not one but TWO UT WRs have transferred--one to Cal and the other to Arizona State. Aldrete's boyfriend is the one at ASU. So, again, my apologies to readers and to Aldrete. I let my angst about the program losing its bet player get the best of me.

Well, I've put my foot in my mouth, people. Aldrete's boyfriend is at Arizona State, I now read, not Cal, which means my boyfriend theory doesn't seem to have much validity after all. I apologize for broaching the idea--and I apologize to Aldrete, too, for making an incorrect assumption. I try to do a bit of research before popping off, but in this case not enough. I knew that Aldrete's boyfriend was a WR who was transferring--and then I read that a UT WR had transferred to Cal. That much is true. It turns out that not one but TWO UT WRs have transferred--one to Cal and the other to Arizona State. Aldrete's boyfriend is the one at ASU. So, again, my apologies to readers and to Aldrete. I let my angst about the program losing its bet player get the best of me.

Sell out Wharton went to Cal. We will miss Annie. Glad we have an excellent group of girls coming in! GLV!!

Reactions: 1 person

Who was the FB player ?

Game 2 is being replayed now on CBSSN.

"Abbott struck out Amanda Kamekona on the 100 pitch to put the final exclamation point on the MVP for the NPF Championship. Her combined line for the championship series was fourteen innings pitched, giving up just four hits with three walks and thirteen strikeouts. - See more at: http://www.profastpitch.com/news/?article_id=2431#sthash.MOYrh6Id.dpuf"

Abbott's season ERA was 0.31. Unreal.

Last edited:
she better hurry then because Wharton will transfer out before the semester ends... he's a lightweight loser! jmo

FWIW, Shianne Ybarra has transfered to Loyola Marymount in Los Angeles, which is much closer to home for her and is a smaller school.

Hannah Devotie and Haleigh Norris (walk-ons) are also gone, which isn't that surprising because it's rare for walk-ons to stay four years in the sport of softball.

VN Store

Back