Top 25 Teams

Well NC won't be ranked that high after all of the defections.

And I wouldn't put us in the top four until we show we can get there and not choke in the tournament.

Reactions: 1 person
I would rank UT about number 8 until they PROVE they can beat the big girls.

North Carolina seems to be ranked too high.

LSU no longer has Ballard, so they too are ranked too high.

I want to beat the hell out of South Carolina.

Reactions: 2 people
I would rank UT about number 8 until they PROVE they can beat the big girls.

And I would rank UT in the top four unless they show they can't. Barring injury, this team is well-positioned for a stand-out season and I will be shocked if they don't get past the Elite Eight (again, assuming everyone is fully healthy). This wasn't the case the past few years, despite the dancing around of that fact by the willfully ignorant who demand a Final Four or else every year. None of Holly's previous teams have been Final Four material. This team is.

Reactions: 3 people
OKAY OP I love the Tennessee Lady Vols but when you put Top 25 in the headline 20 days before kick off of probably the most anticipated season in a while, it's disappointing to be about Women's CB.

Good grief charlie brown just jerk the ball away again!

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

This forum is to discuss the Tennessee Lady Vols (and 9 out of 10 topics are about the women's basketball team). Why on earth would you think anything posted on this forum would be about football?

Reactions: 9 people
And I would rank UT in the top four unless they show they can't. Barring injury, this team is well-positioned for a stand-out season and I will be shocked if they don't get past the Elite Eight (again, assuming everyone is fully healthy). This wasn't the case the past few years, despite the dancing around of that fact by the willfully ignorant who demand a Final Four or else every year. None of Holly's previous teams have been Final Four material. This team is.

last year as much as Maryland, but we choked. Even with the injuries, the game was very winnable had we played with some poise and confidence.

Reactions: 3 people
last year as much as Maryland, but we choked. Even with the injuries, the game was very winnable had we played with some poise and confidence.

I disagree. Tennessee was playing with a majority of the best players sitting on the bench, and with Carter, Graves, and Massengale playing with injuries severe enough to require surgery after the season ended. So . . . no.

Reactions: 4 people

Last year's team was final four material until Jones and Harrison went out. They almost made it without them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Last year's team was final four material until Jones and Harrison went out. They almost made it without them.

I don't disagree. I was referring to the team on the court at tournament time. Last year's team at tournament time was not a Final Four team.

The ONLY game I feel like we goofed up on was against Louisville some years back....other than that, injuries were the OBVIOUS reason we lost in past Elite Eight games!

If DeShields and Russell both stay healthy we'll be in the finals. Still think we lose to UConn but maybe they'll surprise me.

UConn is clearly number one now.....We have a chance to be a player on the big stage again...If we don't get hurt again at key positions, it should be a grand season.

The last poll is the one that counts.

Ok, I'm going to go one step further. The Lady Vols WILL be in the championship game this season. You can take that and my Phillip Fulmer bobble head doll to the bank!!

I'm kinda hoping we play Baylor at some point in the tournament. Just to watch her jump up and down in those wwf style tights like a crazy person is worth it all by itself..

Reactions: 2 people
Ok, I'm going to go one step further. The Lady Vols WILL be in the championship game this season. You can take that and my Phillip Fulmer bobble head doll to the bank!!

I'm kinda hoping we play Baylor at some point in the tournament. Just to watch her jump up and down in those wwf style tights like a crazy person is worth it all by itself..

I agree, if we stay healthy, I see us in the championship game!

losing Izzy was a back breaker for sure and it hurt the team when Jones went out too

i did notice that there were quite a few SEC teams on that way to early poll,which it's title pretty well said how valid it is :)

in Basketball they shouldn't put out a poll till 10 games have been played

there is still a couple of months to go,till it is tip off time for the Lady Vols :clapping:

I think if we had Jones or Harrison in the Maryland game ... our chances of final four are completely different. Jones had some games offensively where she started to take over. (even with the TO's)

I can't say we would of 100% won the game, but the I honestly feel very favorable that we would of been in the final four with either of them healthy. Our defense was good enough to be beat them, our offense wasn't.

With both of them, we were a final four team with the way the brackets were made out hands down. It came down to injuries, and that is something you can't control.

Reactions: 4 people
I think if we had Jones or Harrison in the Maryland game ... our chances of final four are completely different. Jones had some games offensively where she started to take over. (even with the TO's)

I can't say we would of 100% won the game, but the I honestly feel very favorable that we would of been in the final four with either of them healthy. Our defense was good enough to be beat them, our offense wasn't.

With both of them, we were a final four team with the way the brackets were made out hands down. It came down to injuries, and that is something you can't control.

I totally agree. We still could have won but losing our best player was a big hit. I've been watching clips of Diamond at UNC and I just pray that she gets healthy. She isn't scared of a challenge. She tweeted that she has patellar tendinitis.

I totally agree. We still could have won but losing our best player was a big hit. I've been watching clips of Diamond at UNC and I just pray that she gets healthy. She isn't scared of a challenge. She tweeted that she has patellar tendinitis.

This is a recent tweet? She better be working with the trainer to stretch and strengthen the muscles in her legs.

This is a recent tweet? She better be working with the trainer to stretch and strengthen the muscles in her legs.

4 day ago she tweeted "If I could get rid of one thing on my body it would be patellar tendinitis. Who has a cure"

VN Store

Back